Sorry, don't have anything to post here.
There will be ALOT of interesting sightings on the Ride On side starting today.....
Well, today the first of October, I saw these buses:
-2016
-9735
-63169 (The Bus)
-63141 (The Bus)
-2822 was spotted as a driver training vehicle at Cheverly Station
-6147
-6145
-2014
-9720
-63143 (The Bus)
-3909
-3905 I think.
Well that's it.
A 52XX cutaway on the 47 during PM rush going to Rockville and 5420 on the 45 to Fallsgrove today (10/1/08)
and a heads up, you might see some non Ride On equipment on Ride On routes....
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 01, 2008, 09:31:15 PM
you might see some non Ride On equipment on Ride On routes....
As in WMATA buses doing Ride On routes?
What exactly is going on causing all this commotion at Ride-On?
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 01, 2008, 09:31:15 PM
A 52XX cutaway on the 47 during PM rush going to Rockville and 5420 on the 45 to Fallsgrove today (10/1/08)
and a heads up, you might see some non Ride On equipment on Ride On routes....
wow...first some cutaways on the 16 and 5, now 47???
Are the cutaways the recently transferred buses from Nicholson, or what is going on?
Also, I'm guessing 5420 is one of the '99 Gilligs that moved to Nicholson? (could have used a bigger bus a long time ago during summer school at Rockville High!)
and yeah, what do you mean non Ride On equipment?
1 October
Metrobus
9376 X8 @ Union Station
Ride On
543 @ Silver Spring
729 16 @ Piney Branch/Flower
2 October
Metrobus
2801 79 (The sign works again. I don't know if the operator manually puts in 79 or if it went under a programming correction to fix the 000 and TTT problem.)
2316 83 (This baby has a fine whistle for a C Gas Plus powered C40LF. Usually the S50Gs whistle)
Ride On
537 17 @ Langley Park
Quote from: George on October 02, 2008, 06:50:43 AMand yeah, what do you mean non Ride On equipment?
I'd peep the 70 or 100 if I was you! ;)
Quote from: George on October 02, 2008, 06:50:43 AM
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 01, 2008, 09:31:15 PM
A 52XX cutaway on the 47 during PM rush going to Rockville and 5420 on the 45 to Fallsgrove today (10/1/08)
and a heads up, you might see some non Ride On equipment on Ride On routes....
wow...first some cutaways on the 16 and 5, now 47???
Are the cutaways the recently transferred buses from Nicholson, or what is going on?
Also, I'm guessing 5420 is one of the '99 Gilligs that moved to Nicholson? (could have used a bigger bus a long time ago during summer school at Rockville High!)
and yeah, what do you mean non Ride On equipment?
5285-5296 are now at Silver Spring
5417-5423 are now at Nicholson
5185-5188 are now at Nicholson
Though for the last 2 days we have had various buses running Nicholson runs. There have been everything from Orion I's, 96 Gilligs and even 02 Orion V's on some of there blocks.
and what I mean about non Ride On equipment on Ride On routes is that we had MCI's that we chartered to operate the route 100 express this afternoon. It should be that way tomorrow too. So get your free MCI rides!!
Heading home from Annapolis, and passing Bowie, I saw something interesting. I saw DCC 1111 heading westbound on Route 50 from the Bowie area. It might have been heading from the Cummins dealer near Marley Station Mall off of Route 100.
RIDE ON:
995410, with the -paint scheme that can never, ever, ever be changed at any time-, on the 10 (Hillandale)
995705 remains @ Gaithersburg.
995709 remains @ Gaithersburg.
995717 on the 26 (Montgomery Mall)
THE BUS (PG CO.)
63168 on the 17
63170 on the 16
8036 on the 18
METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9766 remains @ Montgomery.
4208 on the R2 (Calverton)
2004 on the F8 (Cheverly Station), freshly rehabbed
2088 on the Z8 (Silver Spring Station), freshly rehabbed
2099 on the C4 (Twinbrook Station), remains unrehabbed
2000-2032: LANDOVER
2033-2066: WESTERN
2067-2099: MONTGOMERY
2818 on the R2 (Calverton)
2624 on the R2 (Calverton)
2417 on the 86 (Calverton)
2318 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2348 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
This morning I rode an MCI Coach on Ride-On's 100. The bus is pretty sweet, but I don't know if the backs of the seats can be moved because mine was too far back and I couldn't find anything to make it go up more.
I was going northbound this morning so the bus wasn't crowded, and there's so many seats on the bus that it could handle rush hour directions of the 70 and 100.
...and...
It turns out some Flxibles and Orion Is are alive...also this morning I saw 5516 and 5701 at Shady Grove Station. I was hoping to get one of those on the 100...apparently we got the coach...so yeah
Yep I saw an Orion 1 at Silver Spring Station earlier.
I can't remember the number since I was in transit, but I saw a 3900 on the E6 heading towards Knollwood on Western Ave last night. Rare sight to see an O5 on a route usually held down by an O2 or no?
Nah not really, if they're out of O2s or the route is interlined with a 30-foot route, it's not out of the ordinary.
Quote from: Tristan on October 04, 2008, 09:03:26 AM
Nah not really, if they're out of O2s or the route is interlined with a 30-foot route, it's not out of the ordinary.
I can't think of any other 30' routes that run out of Friendship Heights during the week, so I might buy the first explanation since by then the 98 is in full force though the 98 has been running the 30' O5's (and some 40' too).
When might WMATA move the stop location for the E6? With the DE37BRT's set to replace the O2's and WMATA having that inane and asinine no hybrids/CNG's rule for the inside bus bays, it's going to have to move soon. Of course, merely changing policy would be a LOT easier.
Quote from: Scrabbleship on October 04, 2008, 11:30:34 AM
Quote from: Tristan on October 04, 2008, 09:03:26 AM
Nah not really, if they're out of O2s or the route is interlined with a 30-foot route, it's not out of the ordinary.
I can't think of any other 30' routes that run out of Friendship Heights during the week, so I might buy the first explanation since by then the 98 is in full force though the 98 has been running the 30' O5's (and some 40' too).
When might WMATA move the stop location for the E6? With the DE37BRT's set to replace the O2's and WMATA having that inane and asinine no hybrids/CNG's rule for the inside bus bays, it's going to have to move soon. Of course, merely changing policy would be a LOT easier.
The D2 usually gets 30 footers.
The E6 and T2 used to be swapped, the T2 stopped on the inside and the E6 stopped with the other E buses. I guess if they really needed to, they could move the RO 34 inside and put the E6 on the outside, or they could just change the policy. They could also put the DE37BRTs on the D2 and M4 (which would make the most sense) and leave the 30 foot Orions for the E6.
Metrobus
5412 and 1912 on display at the Union Station Centennial. It was nice to see both old and new on display. 5412's ISL G engine is very quiet. I didn't notice it when the operator started it up. 1912 was beautiful, although it needs a little touchup in the paint booth, but all in all it was nice to see. I got a bunch of pics of both buses.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on October 04, 2008, 06:29:47 PM
Metrobus
5412 and 1912 on display at the Union Station Centennial. It was nice to see both old and new on display. 5412's ISL G engine is very quiet. I didn't notice it when the operator started it up. 1912 was beautiful, although it needs a little touchup in the paint booth, but all in all it was nice to see. I got a bunch of pics of both buses.
I hope to god they're there tomorrow...
Piccies
5412
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B7810.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B7830.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B7782.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100_7481.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100_7482.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B7230.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100_7200.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B7450.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B7890.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B8240.jpg)
1912
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B8140.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B8220.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B7871.jpg)
LE. 9-5000 (LExington 9-5000)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B7551.jpg)
Time to get new schedules
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B7561.jpg)
Extras
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B8020.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/Union%20Station%20Centennial/100B8090.jpg)
Are the BRT's in service yet? If so , I'm definitely planning a bus trip to dc.
Quote from: NGOrion on October 04, 2008, 07:26:50 PM
Are the BRT's in service yet? If so , I'm definitely planning a bus trip to dc.
They are still in the testing phase. The operator I talked to said that they should probably be on the streets within a couple of months. H Street is still a mess. Also, this bus had lacked an Orbital radio.
Nice pics. Dang I woud've been there, but had to much on my plate. I heard from a supervisore they were going to be in service this month but oh well.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on October 04, 2008, 07:27:29 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on October 04, 2008, 07:26:50 PM
Are the BRT's in service yet? If so , I'm definitely planning a bus trip to dc.
They are still in the testing phase. The operator I talked to said that they should probably be on the streets within a couple of months. H Street is still a mess. Also, this bus had lacked an Orbital radio.
Why should the buses wait for H Street? Run them on the 80's or the D6 in the interim so they just don't gather dust.
Quote from: Scrabbleship on October 04, 2008, 07:50:08 PM
Why should the buses wait for H Street? Run them on the 80's or the D6 in the interim so they just don't gather dust.
H Street is undergoing repaving from the streetcar project and Metro probably doesn't want the 5400s to go thru hell before they've had a chance to adapt to the streets. Also, the 80s and the D6 don't really need them plus there are a couple of turns on the D6 that are quite tight for a tic.
I agree the D6 doesnt seem a good fit for Artics.
Saw a couple of interesting Ride On sightings today that show the new scope of the Roster changes. A cutaway on the T2, but a Orion V on the 29 and an Orion I on the 23!
Agreed - Artics would have a rough time on the D6 in Georgetown. Not sure they'd be good on the 80 either, especially turning around at Fort Totten.
The D6 turnaround at Sibley Hospital is pretty tight too, but as I understand it, artics have a smaller turning radius than standard buses. That said, I'm not sure that the 80 and D6 need artics the way the routes that do have them need them.
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on October 05, 2008, 12:45:59 AM
The D6 turnaround at Sibley Hospital is pretty tight too, but as I understand it, artics have a smaller turning radius than standard buses. That said, I'm not sure that the 80 and D6 need artics the way the routes that do have them need them.
Yes, you're right. They can usually turn in a tighter cirle than a standard 40 footer because the front section is shorter than 40 feet and the rear axle is supposed to follow the same path as the second axle. I don't know if this is always true.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on October 04, 2008, 07:51:57 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on October 04, 2008, 07:50:08 PM
Why should the buses wait for H Street? Run them on the 80's or the D6 in the interim so they just don't gather dust.
H Street is undergoing repaving from the streetcar project and Metro probably doesn't want the 5400s to go thru hell before they've had a chance to adapt to the streets. Also, the 80s and the D6 don't really need them plus there are a couple of turns on the D6 that are quite tight for a tic.
The streetcar project that may never come to fruition because there is no solid way to power the streetcars because nobody has the cojones to overturn the no overhead wires ban? Why do work for naught now?
Quote from: WayneNYC on October 05, 2008, 12:53:40 AM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on October 05, 2008, 12:45:59 AM
The D6 turnaround at Sibley Hospital is pretty tight too, but as I understand it, artics have a smaller turning radius than standard buses. That said, I'm not sure that the 80 and D6 need artics the way the routes that do have them need them.
Oh OK. I had read this somehwere and I was always curious as to if it was 100% accurate. I can understand in cases like the MAN and Volvo artics where the second axle is the drive axle and the third axle steers.
Yes, you're right. They can usually turn in a tighter cirle than a standard 40 footer because the front section is shorter than 40 feet and the rear axle is supposed to follow the same path as the second axle. I don't know if this is always true.
The rear axle follows the second axle ONLY when the front wheel is not being turned any more. I recall our turn on the 2 line coming out of Yale onto Frederick. The second axle would clear by a foot, but being as you were still spinning the wheel to the right to avoid heading into oncoming traffic, the rear axle would brush or jump the same cub the second axle cleared.
Quote from: btconet on October 05, 2008, 09:11:32 AM
Quote from: WayneNYC on October 05, 2008, 12:53:40 AM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on October 05, 2008, 12:45:59 AM
The D6 turnaround at Sibley Hospital is pretty tight too, but as I understand it, artics have a smaller turning radius than standard buses. That said, I'm not sure that the 80 and D6 need artics the way the routes that do have them need them.
Oh OK. I had read this somehwere and I was always curious as to if it was 100% accurate. I can understand in cases like the MAN and Volvo artics where the second axle is the drive axle and the third axle steers.
Yes, you're right. They can usually turn in a tighter cirle than a standard 40 footer because the front section is shorter than 40 feet and the rear axle is supposed to follow the same path as the second axle. I don't know if this is always true.
The rear axle follows the second axle ONLY when the front wheel is not being turned any more. I recall our turn on the 2 line coming out of Yale onto Frederick. The second axle would clear by a foot, but being as you were still spinning the wheel to the right to avoid heading into oncoming traffic, the rear axle would brush or jump the same cub the second axle cleared.
Oh OK. Now this makes sense to me. I had read the info I posted somehwere, but I remained curious as to how the third axle could track in the path of the second axle when turning. In cases of the MAN and Volvo artics it makes sense, since the second axle is the drive axle and the third axle steers.
RIDE ON:
995709 remains @ Gaithersburg.
915523 on the 33
925543 on the 30
045919 on the 48 (Rockville)
075763 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
075762 on the 34 (Wheaton) & later on the 9 (Silver Spring)
025593 on the 10 (Hillandale)
METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 36 (Friendship Heights)
4207 on the R2 (Calverton)
4211 on the R2 (Ft Totten)
4239 on the C2 (Greenbelt Center)
4240 remains @ Arlington.
4261, still in the MINI ad wrap, on the 3A (Annandale)
4262 remains @ Northern.
4311, still in the MINI ad wrap, on the Z8 (Briggs Chaney P&R)
4310 remains @ Northern.
4321, now in the Chevron ad wrap just like 4330 & 2139, on the Z8 (Briggs Chaney P&R)
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
4398 remains @ Montgomery.
2072 on the K6 (Ft Totten), freshly rehabbed
2078 on the Z8 (Silver Spring Station), remains unrehabbed
2099 on the Q2 (Silver Spring Station), remains unrehabbed
2176, now in the www.Germany.info Website ad wrap, on the 66
2610 on the 38B (Farragut Square)
6033 on the J2 (Montgomery Mall)
6049 on the F4 (New Carrollton)
6205 on the K6 (Ft Totten Station)
2301 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
2369 on the R2 (Calverton)
2308 on the R2 (Calverton)
IS 9610 STILL @ CET?
5401 on the 59 to Montgomery Village
Metrobus
4390 R12 @ College Park
9408 Y5 @ Silver Spring
Ride On
729 2 @ East-West/Sundale
Yesterday
9408 on the C8. 9412 deadheading from Shady Grove. Silver spring PM rush action appeared to be rather civilized.
2194 (D5) broke down in the AM rush hour on Canal Rd near Georgetown University.
RIDE ON:
015591 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9767 remains @ Montgomery.
4311, still in the MINI ad wrap, on the C8 (White Flint Station)
4310 remains @ Northern.
4398 remains @ Montgomery.
2508 on the 38B (Farragut Square)
2369 on the R2 (Calverton)
2317 on the R2 (Calverton)
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 07, 2008, 09:38:26 PM
5401 on the 59 to Montgomery Village
now this I GOTTA see
also...
5527 on the 100 today...and another type of coach was on the 100 this morning (last time it was an MCI, this time...I don't know what it is, but it looks older)
WHAT?!? 975401 AT GAITHERSBURG?!? YOU COME TO DCATZ & TELL US THAT 975401 IS AT GAITHERSBURG?
Quote from: ChristopherF on October 08, 2008, 02:07:41 PM
WHAT?!? 975401 AT GAITHERSBURG?!? YOU COME TO DCATZ & TELL US THAT 975401 IS AT GAITHERSBURG?
5400, 5401 & 5578 are currently at Gaithersburg but will be going back home to the training track soon. Not sure where the last training bus is (5579) at this minute though I know it was being used at Nicholson last I saw it.
FYI-The MCI's will be around all week on the 100 if you still want a ride.....
I didn't get the number, but this morning around 8:00 an 20XX on the S2 in Silver Spring. Montgomery or Western helping out with the S's perhaps?
Metrobus
9408 @ Silver Spring
Ride On
537 @ Silver Spring
Metrobus
4097 S4 (M154) @ Silver Spring
Ride On
729 @ Silver Spring
727 20 @ Piney Branch/University
407 47 @ Wayne/Fenton (This bus was lost :D ).
METROBUS NOTES:
Last night, a huge traffic accident on Riggs Road left at least 3 dead. That forced 3 Metrobuses -- all on the R2 to Ft Totten -- to convert to special express service. The 3 Metrobuses that converted to express service were 2321 (which I rode), 2435 & 2821. Other sightings are:
METROBUS:
9387 remains @ Montgomery.
9767 remains @ Montgomery.
9774 remains @ Montgomery.
4241 on the 3B (Falls Church Station)
4254, 4379 & 2210 are now wrapped in the Chevron ad, just like 4321, 4330 & 2139
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
4358 on the 28B, still in the old Nationwide Insurance ad wrap
4374 on the 28B (King Street Station)
4379 on the 28A (Tysons Corner)
2082 on the K6, remains unrehabbed
2445 on the 86 (Calverton), 1 of the few Bladensburg buses with a "working" CleverDevices display
2425 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
Chris: 5579 is back in service? did it get Orange Crushed? and what about 5818?
Anyways, a couple of shots, some of which are interesting...a picture is worth 1000 words:
(http://www.gpbusgallery.com/images/other/mb2097a.jpg)
(http://www.gpbusgallery.com/images/other/mb2097b.jpg)
(http://www.gpbusgallery.com/images/other/mb4098a.jpg)
(http://www.gpbusgallery.com/images/other/mb9774a.jpg)
(http://www.gpbusgallery.com/images/other/mb9834b.jpg)
(http://www.gpbusgallery.com/images/5400b.jpg)
FAIRFAX CONNECTOR:
9743 on the 425, now with an ad on the back
PRTC OMNIRIDE:
319 on the West Falls Church route, wrapped in the Virginia Lottery Dodgeball ad
173 on the Gainesville-Linton Hall Road route
RIDE ON:
965396 on the 10 (Hillandale), apparently with a new coat of paint
METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9303 on the 28B (King Street Station)
9318 on the 3B (Rosslyn Station)
9397 on the 28A (Tysons Corner)
9496 on the 28T
4241 on the 3B (Falls Church Station)
4387 on the 3T (Tysons Corner Westpark)
2318 on the R2 (Ft Totten)
2397 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2678 on the REX (Fort Belvoir)
5316, all signs off, heading up Georgia Avenue in the Woodside neighborhood of Silver Spring...with an M block!
Could the rumor of Montgomery getting some Neoplans be coming to fruition?
Quote from: ChristopherF on October 09, 2008, 11:24:03 AM
METROBUS NOTES:
Last night, a huge traffic accident on Riggs Road left at least 3 dead. That forced 3 Metrobuses -- all on the R2 to Ft Totten -- to convert to special express service. The 3 Metrobuses that converted to express service were 2321 (which I rode), 2435 & 2821. Other sightings are:
METROBUS:
9387 remains @ Montgomery.
9767 remains @ Montgomery.
9774 remains @ Montgomery.
4241 on the 3B (Falls Church Station)
4254, 4379 & 2210 are now wrapped in the Chevron ad, just like 4321, 4330 & 2139
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
4358 on the 28B, still in the old Nationwide Insurance ad wrap
4374 on the 28B (King Street Station)
4379 on the 28A (Tysons Corner)
2082 on the K6, remains unrehabbed
2445 on the 86 (Calverton), 1 of the few Bladensburg buses with a "working" CleverDevices display
2425 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
What does "special express service" mean?
Quote from: Scrabbleship on October 09, 2008, 10:26:05 PM
5316, all signs off, heading up Georgia Avenue in the Woodside neighborhood of Silver Spring...with an M block!
Could the rumor of Montgomery getting some Neoplans be coming to fruition?
I hope so. They're probably just testing them though.
Last Wednesday night (10/8), there was a huge traffic accident on Power Mill Road, just noth of Riggs Road in Adelphi, & there were 3 Metrobuses (2321, 2435 & 2821) on the R2 to Ft Totten. The accident held up traffic for up to an hour, & all 3 of these buses detoured to special service. 2 of the 3 buses (2321 & 2435) had "TTTT SPECIAL" displayed on their respective destination signs, meaning they were operating special express service to Ft Totten. I was on 2321 from the accident scene to Ft Totten, which required using the Beltway & later the BW Parkway.
And just for the record, 2821 was stuck on "H2 BROOKLAND STATION."
Here is my short list of observations:
RIDE ON:
955369 on the 20 (Silver Spring)
METROBUS:
6107 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
2176 on the 31 (Potomac Park), now in the www.Germany.info Website ad wrap
Ride-On's 5401 on the 54 to Lakeforest yesterday afternoon. I thought it would be a cold day in hell before I would see a Gillig on the 54 (btw 5998 (on the 74) was right behind it).
Also, yesterday morning I rode 5400 on the 100, it was missing a farebox and the inside looked like it was being scrapped or something.
This morning: 5543 at Shady Grove Station, 5537 seen on I-370 heading to SGS
Also, I really don't know where to put this, but here it goes (after finding out yesterday where the borderline between the mid 2160s and 2169 really is):
2100-2124 Knight Riders (KR)
2125-2143 No KR
2144-2168 KR
2169-2187 No KR
2188-2212 KR
2213-2231 No KR
Metrobus
9411 Y @ Silver Spring
This baby had a little trouble starting back up on the outbound Y.
Ride On
729 15 @ Silver Spring
They just keep on coming...
5506 at Shady Grove this morning
About a month or 2 ago, I rode this baby on the 47 to Rockville.
So let me recap the Orion Is that have been spotted at Shady Grove Station (or around Gaithersburg area, not knowing if some might be at Nicholson instead):
5500 (?)
5501 (Saw again this morning heading to Shady Gr)
5502
5506
5516
5523
5527
5529
5531
5534 (?)
5537
5543
5545
Also, I haven't seen anymore coaches on the 100, nor have I seen 5400 or 5401 in days.
Quote from: George on October 14, 2008, 12:57:42 PM
They just keep on coming...
5506 at Shady Grove this morning
About a month or 2 ago, I rode this baby on the 47 to Rockville.
So let me recap the Orion Is that have been spotted at Shady Grove Station (or around Gaithersburg area, not knowing if some might be at Nicholson instead):
5500 (?)
5501 (Saw again this morning heading to Shady Gr)
5502
5506
5516
5523
5527
5529
5531
5534 (?)
5537
5543
5545
Also, I haven't seen anymore coaches on the 100, nor have I seen 5400 or 5401 in days.
I thought it was posted here that all the remaining Orion Is were now at Gburg.
Umm today's unsual observation for me:
4219 was in a PGCC ad? I thought only Landover Division buses were suppose to have a PGCC ad.
I've seen them in DC and the Silver Spring area as well...
Has anyone noticed that Metrobus reliability seems to be in the tanks right about now?
Metrobus
3738 D4 @ Union Station
I havent seen the ice cream trucks for quite a while (especially Bburg ones)
Every time I go to DC I always manage to see one of the 3700s. Usually on th B8 and B9. One time I saw one on the D8. I got to ride one of those one day.
3006 on the G8 to Avondale (first time EVER seeing a 30-footer on the G8)
Ice Cream Trucks 3736 and 3742 on the B8.
9750 on the 42 (Mt. Pleasant) with a W block
Is a 30 footer on the N22 normal? I saw one on that line when I was in DC.
A delayed nugget from last Friday:
2423 on the D5 at Dupont Circle, heading towards Farragut Square, signed Sangamore Road. I know that Bladensburg helps out Northern and Western in peak hours, but Montgomery?
Just a few comments.
There is a lot of times where a 30 footer has been on the G8.
It is the first reported, but most likely a 30 footer on the N22 wouldn't be out of the question.
I might have missed the route reorganization, but the D5 was a Western based route and Bladensburg doing runs on that route. Actually it might have been a Bladensburg route with help from Western, but I am not 100% sure.
I see the D5 quite often on my way to/from work. These days it's usually a Western bus, with Bladensburg lending a helping hand.
RIDE ON:
995411 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
9326 on the 3B (Rosslyn)
9336 on the 3A (Annandale)
9489, still in the old-skool 2nd scheme, on the 3T
4261 on the 3B (Falls Church Sta)
4262 remains @ Northern.
4311 on the C8 (College Park Station)
4310 remains @ Northern.
4340 on the 36 & is no longer wrapped in the Friends of the Berlin Airlift 60th Anniversary ad
4366 on the 28A (King Street Station) & is now wrapped in the Chevron ad
2082 on the C8 (White Flint Station), remains unrehabbed
2096 on the C2 (Greenbelt Center), remains unrehabbed
2214 on the 31 & is now wrapped in the Chevron ad
2226 on the 36 & is now wrapped in the Chevron ad
2586 is now half-wrapped in the NGV ad
6032 on the K6 (Ft Totten), bike rack removed
2411 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2401 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
2357 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
IS 9610 STILL @ CET?
Quote from: Scrabbleship on October 16, 2008, 10:28:27 PM
A delayed nugget from last Friday:
2423 on the D5 at Dupont Circle, heading towards Farragut Square, signed Sangamore Road. I know that Bladensburg helps out Northern and Western in peak hours, but Montgomery?
The D5 is a split operation between Western and Bladensburg. It used to be that Bladensburg buses would terminate their D5 trips at Mass and Westbard, and then deadhead to Friendship Heights and do trips on the even 30s. If one camped out at the right time in the right spots, that person could theoretically get photos of Bladenburg buses on Westbard Avenue or Little Falls Parkway, since those were the routes the buses took most often.
Oh did I mention 4391 is now wrapped in the Chevon ad?
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 17, 2008, 01:07:57 PM
Oh did I mention 4391 is now wrapped in the Chevon ad?
I saw 3 more Metrobuses in the Chevron ad, 4366 being the most recent.
Its weird because it's not normal to see Landover buses wrapped in the Chevron Ad
2143, 2151, 2156, 2168, 2169, 4330, 4391...soo many buses are wrapped with the Chevron ad, it's not uncommon to see them.
As for the Mini ad, alll I can remember is 2111 and 4311 (and 4288 has a similar one, but its not Mini)
Quote from: George on October 18, 2008, 11:56:46 AM
2143, 2151, 2156, 2168, 2169, 4330, 4391...soo many buses are wrapped with the Chevron ad, it's not uncommon to see them.
As for the Mini ad, alll I can remember is 2111 and 4311 (and 4288 has a similar one, but its not Mini)
I also saw 4261 (Arlington) & 4343 (Western) in their respective MINI ads. As for the buses wrapped in the Chevron ads, they are (in numerical order): 4254 (Arlington), 4321 (Montgomery), 4330 (Montgomery), 4366 (Royal), 4379 (Royal), 4391 (Landover), 2139 (Northern), 2143 (Northern), 2151 (Northern), 2156 (Northern), 2168 (Western), 2169 (Western), 2214 (Western) & 2226 (Western).
Metrobus
9412 Y9 @ Silver Spring
2446 79 @ Silver Spring
(Yeah. This one kinda caught me by surpise. I got pics to prove it)
Ride On
546 15 @ Silver Spring
(This bus keeps evading me.)
729 15 @ Silver Spring
landoverdivision,
Ads are not really ... limited to certain divisions. I don't know if it's really even relevant to say "it's not usual to see x ad out of y division". The only exception I can think of is, okay, if I saw PGCC in VA, and of course the Clean Skies Initiative NGV wraps.
Saw NABI artic #5203 broke down this morning (10/20/08) on Georgia Ave (SB) @ Niles St with a Maintenance (BMNT) truck and a Street Supervisor (BTRA). Also the Glenmont Station loop being closed is a good opportunity to get pics of WMATA buses on streets they don't regularly use like Glenallan Ave and Layhill Rd.
I saw 2822 as a driver training vehicle. It looks as though it could've been the T18 going to New Carrollton. It also diverted into Capital Plaza for some odd reason.
Depending on what time it was, it might have been starting a W4 run.
Most likely it was a W4
It wasn't it said DRIVER TRAINING on the sign, plus it passed New Carrollton Station. It was following the T18 I was on, but it didn't divert into New Carrollton.
Hmm. You know when I was in PG county last Tuesday I did see quite a lot of Bladensburg buses with Driver Training on the sign. I'm starting to wonder if Bladensburg operaters are being trained for some Landover routes, all were C40lfs. I was on the F14 going towards Addison Rd Station and we at the light at the intersection of MLK Hwy & Sheriff Rd and I saw it cross MLK going in the same direction the F14 goes. So I'm starting to wonder if Bladensburg is going to be doing some Landover routes soon.
I did see in another topic that there is going to be a major garage/route switch, bus movement and bus route changes soon.
I think the Driver Training thing is at CET. I saw 2822 twice in the past 3 weeks here in P.G. Once at Cheverly Station, then again by my school and then it passed Capital Plaza then went to New Carollton Station.
Here are some pics from my some of my observations as of 10/21/08. These pics are either from Addison Road Station, or New Carrollton Station.
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/019-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/018-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/020-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/021-2.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/022-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/013-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/015-Copy.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/012-1.jpg)
Nice pictures Brandon.
Quote from: NGOrion on October 22, 2008, 06:45:44 AM
Nice pictures Brandon.
Thanks, I'll have pictures from my observations today too.
Another question I want to ask is, why the heck does Montgomery have so many buses? They don't need a lot of the buses they have. But correct me if i'm wrong.
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 22, 2008, 10:37:45 AM
Another question I want to ask is, why the heck does Montgomery have so many buses? They don't need a lot of the buses they have. But correct me if i'm wrong.
That's what I've been wondering. Also, that J11 shot is nice
Quote from: NGOrion on October 22, 2008, 11:03:36 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 22, 2008, 10:37:45 AM
Another question I want to ask is, why the heck does Montgomery have so many buses? They don't need a lot of the buses they have. But correct me if i'm wrong.
That's what I've been wondering. Also, that J11 shot is nice
It sounds like you two are thinking that Montgomery may have more buses than it needs. If so, how did you come to that conclusion? I know many of the fleets at other WMATA divisions are rather small when compared to Montgomery, but they also have less work to cover. Remember, most of Montgomery's routes are serious workhorse lines which require plenty of buses even during base periods. Montgomery also has tons of rush hour service and this was the case even before the Southeast closing. I'm sure they need every bus in their house (and the other divisions too) which is why see 16-year old Flixbles still on the road. Also - each division also needs to have some spares.
PRTC OMINRIDE:
315 on the West Falls Church route
345 on the Manassas route
RIDE ON:
975409, with the -paint scheme that can never, ever, ever be changed at any time-, on the 16 (Silver Spring)
995709 remains @ Gaithersburg.
995710 on the 10 (Hillandale)
025606 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
065752 on the 10 (Twinbrook), now with a different bike rack on front
085728 on the 15 (Silver Spring), now with logos on windows
METROBUS:
6110 on the NH1
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9318 on the 3B (Rosslyn)
9411 remains @ Montgomery.
9772 remains @ Bladensburg.
4204 on the R2 (Calverton)
4212 on the X2 (Minnesota Avenue Station)
4218 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
4239 on the C8 (College Park Station)
4240 remains @ Arlington.
4247 on the 3T & is now wrapped in the Chevron ad
4261 on the 3B (Falls Church Sta)
4262 remains @ Northern.
4311 on the C2 (Greenbelt Center)
4310 remains @ Northern.
4331 on the 31 (Potomac Park)
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
4337 on the 36 & is now wrapped in the MINI ad
4388 remains @ Landover.
4392 on the B30 with an "L" block
4396 remains @ Montgomery.
4397 remains @ Montgomery.
4398 remains @ Montgomery.
4399 remains @ Montgomery.
2082 on the C8 (White Flint Station), remains unrehabbed
2085 on the J2 (Montgomery Mall), freshly rehabbed
2218 on the 31, now wrapped in the Chevron ad
2622 remains @ FMR.
6032 now has a replacement bike rack on front
2343 on the R2 (Calverton)
2318 on the R2 (Calverton)
Here are pics of some of my observations as of 10/22/08. These pics are either at New Carrollton Station, College Park Station, or Cheverly Station. The C40LFR is on Paint Branch Parkway.
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/001-2.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/002-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/003.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/004.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/005.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/007.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/008-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/016-Copy.jpg)
The F4, F6, and 86 pics are nice. Some of my favorite routes.
Quote from: NGOrion on October 22, 2008, 07:23:05 PM
The F4, F6, and 86 pics are nice. Some of my favorite routes.
Thanks. if you are interested in viewing them all, yu can go to my photobucket and view them. My username is bjb91.
Could we perhaps create a separate thread for people to post their pictures from a specific day that aren't directly related to text based observations?
Read the other thread before I saw this one...let's carry on with the discussion in that thread and keep this one on track.
Link: http://www.dctransit.info/forums/transit-today/october-2008-observation-photos/
RIDE ON:
995718 on the 20 (Silver Spring) with a new coat of paint
075755 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9338 on the R2 (Ft Totten) with a "B" block
4239 on the C8 (College Park Station)
4240 remains @ Arlington.
2006 on the R12, freshly rehabbed
2096 on the C8, remains unrehabbed
2097 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
2098 on the C8, freshly rehabbed
2514 on the 38B (Farragut Square)
6140-6178: LANDOVER
6179-6217: MONTGOMERY
2460 on the R2 (Calverton)
2344 on the 86 (Calverton)
2401 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2821 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
IS 9610 STILL @ CET?
Unusual Observation of the day (even though it's not really unusual).
BRT bus STILL at Landover Division. I thought for a minute it was a DE40LFR but then I saw the orange paint and I was like hold up...WOW!
WTF is up with these windows?? This was #4103 at Rockville Station this afternoon (10/24/08) on the Q2.
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 24, 2008, 07:46:09 PM
WTF is up with these windows?? This was #4103 at Rockville Station this afternoon (10/24/08) on the Q2.
I don't get the winows either. I'm going to show off my pics from today. rideonrulez if you want to show off your pics, go to the topic October 2008 observation photos.
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 24, 2008, 07:51:20 PM
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 24, 2008, 07:46:09 PM
WTF is up with these windows?? This was #4103 at Rockville Station this afternoon (10/24/08) on the Q2.
I don't get the winows either. I'm going to show off my pics from today. rideonrulez if you want to show off your pics, go to the topic October 2008 observation photos.
Hey landoverdivision, I didn't take much pics this month because I've been doing video due to the competition. Now I do have ALOT of pics that I can put up from the past....
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 24, 2008, 08:02:02 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 24, 2008, 07:51:20 PM
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 24, 2008, 07:46:09 PM
WTF is up with these windows?? This was #4103 at Rockville Station this afternoon (10/24/08) on the Q2.
I don't get the winows either. I'm going to show off my pics from today. rideonrulez if you want to show off your pics, go to the topic October 2008 observation photos.
Hey landoverdivision, I didn't take much pics this month because I've been doing video due to the competition. Now I do have ALOT of pics that I can put up from the past....
Oh ok. I needed more time to prepare my video, but unfortunately the compitition is in a few days so I can't compete. :(
Not an equipment observation, but an observation nonetheless: One of the schedule racks at Columbia Heights has schedules for the H5/H7, dated 10/3/05. Seeing the route was discontinued over two years ago, it seems very weird especially since the stack was full.
(As for the route, what was the point of it? Might work now with DCUSA though).
I guess it's full because no one is taking the schedules!
[/useless joke]
RIDE ON:
025610 on the 20 (Silver Spring)
METROBUS:
6110 on the NH1
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9764 remains @ Montgomery.
2610 on the 9A (Pentagon)
2517 on the 38B (Farragut Square)
2312 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
Today:
5527, 5529, and 5543 at Shady Grove Station (5543 on the 100 - it was packed)
I'm so glad to see some hammerheads back in Gaithersburg
WMATA #5205 rear ended by a car this afternoon (10/27/08) at Georgia Ave & MD 108.
I forgot to say my observations today =D
Here are the buses I saw:
5407
5410
5411
5413
5416
6175
6164
2002
63142 (DUH BUS)
63141 (DUH BUS)
63102 (DUH BUS)
2031
2464
2456
9375
3016
5238
An interesting sighting from tonight. Saw a 30 footer on the A12, not 20 minutes ago. 3902 was holding it down going to Capital Plaza (aka Wal-Mart/Bowling Alley). I remember the days when the A12 would have buses full of passengers----those were the days :(
Also saw 9381 being towed back to Royal this morning.
Forgot to mention an unidentified D40LFR was also broken down on the T18 heading towards R.I. Avenue.
Quote from: WES on October 27, 2008, 11:02:31 PM
An interesting sighting from tonight. Saw a 30 footer on the A12, not 20 minutes ago. 3902 was holding it down going to Capital Plaza (aka Wal-Mart/Bowling Alley). I remember the days when the A12 would have buses full of passengers----those were the days :(
Also saw 9381 being towed back to Royal this morning.
Forgot to mention an unidentified D40LFR was also broken down on the T18 heading towards R.I. Avenue.
Anyways, a 30 ffooter on the A12 isn't odd. I've seen 30 footers on the A12 before. It's normal actually.
Ride On #5582 broke down on Old Baltimore Rd in Rockville this evening (10/29/08)
METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9366 remains @ Landover.
9411 remains @ Montgomery.
9764 remains @ Montgomery.
9767 remains @ Montgomery.
9769 remains @ Montgomery.
9773 remains @ Montgomery.
9774 remains @ Montgomery.
4055 on the 28A (King Street Station)
4396 remains @ Montgomery.
4397 remains @ Montgomery.
2099 on the Z8, remains unrehabbed
2210 on the 32, now wrapped in the Chevron ad
2410 on the 96
And now, my last observations to round out the month of October:
FAIRFAX CONNECTOR:
7779, still in the original scheme, on the 425
RIDE ON:
085730 on the 20 (Hillandale), now with logos on windows & with the fleet number on front
METROBUS:
All of the 9800s (9801-9835) have reunited @ Montgomery.
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9305 on an unknown route with a "B" block
9338 on the R2 (Fort Totten Station)
9366 remains @ Landover.
9411 remains @ Montgomery.
9764 remains @ Montgomery.
9767 remains @ Montgomery.
9769 remains @ Montgomery.
9773 remains @ Montgomery.
9774 remains @ Montgomery.
4206 on the 83 (Cherry Hill)
4219 on the 86 (Rhode Island Avenue Station)
4250 on the 1A & is now in the Chevron ad wrap
4364 on the 28A & is now in the Chevon ad wrap
4396 remains @ Montgomery.
4397 remains @ Montgomery.
2077 on the J4, freshly rehabbed
2082 on the C2, remains unrehabbed
2099 on the Z8, remains unrehabbed
2210 on the 36 & is now in the Chevron ad wrap
2338 on the 83 (Rhode Island Avenue Station)
2824 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
2341 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
IS 9610 STILL @ CET?
The other day, I saw 6301 at Landover. Wow it's STILL there?