A unusual one to start it off: 6180 on the 92 with a Northern block (N911) at about noon today. Was Annex helping out or could Northern and Annex be swapping LFA's for LFR's?
I'm betting 6180 is still an Annex bus that was made available to cover that trip (or trips) for Northern.
Also, it looks like some of the NFI C40LF will get painted into the "Express" color scheme. I saw 2464 in the "Express" color scheme (but without the "Express" lettering) on the H3 at Tenleytown station. I always suspected they'd get to the John Deere buses last since they entered service after the others. I guess this is one of the buses intended for X9 service.
Quote from: WayneNYC on December 02, 2010, 04:55:34 PM
I'm betting 6180 is still an Annex bus that was made available to cover that trip (or trips) for Northern.
Also, it looks like some of the NFI C40LF will get painted into the "Express" color scheme. I saw 2464 in the "Express" color scheme (but without the "Express" lettering) on the H3 at Tenleytown station. I always suspected they'd get to the John Deere buses last since they entered service after the others. I guess this is one of the buses intended for X9 service.
Hmm. I wondered why I haven't seen the JD C40LFs lately. I'm willing to bet they might repaint a few Orion 7s into the Express scheme.
Interesting O7 in Local now C40LF in express I do find it gay (Excuse my french) that its only 1 in the Express.
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on December 02, 2010, 11:38:49 PM
Interesting O7 in Local now C40LF in express I do find it gay (Excuse my french) that its only 1 in the Express.
Again, I'm assuming 2464 is in the express colors for X9 service. Of course I don't know how many buses they'll need, but I'd bet that they'll be more C40LFs in the express scheme. I wouldn't be suprised if all 5 of the John Deere C40LFs get the express color scheme.
Quote from: WayneNYC on December 03, 2010, 10:15:08 AM
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on December 02, 2010, 11:38:49 PM
Interesting O7 in Local now C40LF in express I do find it gay (Excuse my french) that its only 1 in the Express.
Again, I'm assuming 2464 is in the express colors for X9 service. Of course I don't know how many buses they'll need, but I'd bet that they'll be more C40LFs in the express scheme. I wouldn't be suprised if all 5 of the John Deere C40LFs get the express color scheme.
I want say at least 8 buses but that all depends on the headways for the X9. 10-15 minutes seems like what it might be.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 03, 2010, 12:07:13 PM
Quote from: WayneNYC on December 03, 2010, 10:15:08 AM
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on December 02, 2010, 11:38:49 PM
Interesting O7 in Local now C40LF in express I do find it gay (Excuse my french) that its only 1 in the Express.
Again, I'm assuming 2464 is in the express colors for X9 service. Of course I don't know how many buses they'll need, but I'd bet that they'll be more C40LFs in the express scheme. I wouldn't be suprised if all 5 of the John Deere C40LFs get the express color scheme.
I want say at least 8 buses but that all depends on the headways for the X9. 10-15 minutes seems like what it might be.
Very close, 9 buses are getting painted, 15 minute frequency for the X9.
Sighted 6516 on New York Ave in "Driver Training" and saw 3032 and 3751 at Landover Division doing Driver training in the yard.
3950 is at Northern, doing runs on the N99 shuttle between Northern and Columbia Heights (DCUSA) for bus operators. It's been there for a few weeks actually.
Quote from: Scrabbleship on December 03, 2010, 04:27:23 PM
3950 is at Northern, doing runs on the N99 shuttle between Northern and Columbia Heights (DCUSA) for bus operators. It's been there for a few weeks actually.
Months it left Annex back in the spring I remember seeing it on the K2 once.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 03, 2010, 12:07:13 PM
Quote from: WayneNYC on December 03, 2010, 10:15:08 AM
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on December 02, 2010, 11:38:49 PM
Interesting O7 in Local now C40LF in express I do find it gay (Excuse my french) that its only 1 in the Express.
Again, I'm assuming 2464 is in the express colors for X9 service. Of course I don't know how many buses they'll need, but I'd bet that they'll be more C40LFs in the express scheme. I wouldn't be suprised if all 5 of the John Deere C40LFs get the express color scheme.
I want say at least 8 buses but that all depends on the headways for the X9. 10-15 minutes seems like what it might be.
2462 is in Local colors, as is 2463 maybe they'll get re done over who knows I would prefer 2665-2673 to get done and used for the X9 but ehh it'll be cool to see an LF in the Express.
I have yet to see any of the 2460s in service (even months ago when someone here said they saw 2461 and 2462 was in local colors, Nextbus says secs since last report is high), very interesting sighting with 2464 being express. Now if 9 will be painted to express, and there's only 5 2460s, what others will be painted? more 2800s?
Also, 3950 has been at Northern for a while now.
Something that wouldn't have been mentioned years ago because it was so common is now a surprise to see. Yesterday spotted THE BUS 63195 with a non working sign, but the front only. Years ago, it would have been a surprised to say a sign was working. Now all THE BUS has to do is get the funds to start up weekend and late night service. By the way it was working the 23.
Quote from: WES on December 04, 2010, 02:14:36 PM
Something that wouldn't have been mentioned years ago because it was so common is now a surprise to see. Yesterday spotted THE BUS 63195 with a non working sign, but the front only. Years ago, it would have been a surprised to say a sign was working. Now all THE BUS has to do is get the funds to start up weekend and late night service. By the way it was working the 23.
I always spot either a Thomas HDX or older Thomas CL960 rolling through UMD showing UPS1. As to why they happen to be rolling through campus (a year after the 17 was discontinued through campus west to Langley Park) is beyond me.
Ikarus #5231 on the X2 at H st & New Jersey Ave NW at around 1:15pm today.
Also counted 14 "ready reserve" Flx's including 9408 still with wrap around tailights at Montgomery Division.
Exclusive.
Bus# Route# Block# Destination
2553 23C FT06 Ballston Station.
(new paint Scheme LOCAL)
Rehabbed bus# 1438.
That's a little early to rehab the Orion VIIs, they are only 4 years old. The Neoplans should be the ones getting rehabbed right now. Even if it was a test paint that they were doing, that should have been done after the Neos were rehabbed.
Quote from: orionvii2680 on December 10, 2010, 09:42:56 AM
Exclusive.
Bus# Route# Block# Destination
2553 23C FT06 Ballston Station.
(new paint Scheme LOCAL)
Rehabbed bus# 1438.
Exclusive to what...?
Quote from: WES on December 10, 2010, 10:28:01 AM
That's a little early to rehab the Orion VIIs, they are only 4 years old. The Neoplans should be the ones getting rehabbed right now. Even if it was a test paint that they were doing, that should have been done after the Neos were rehabbed.
Might Metro have thrown in a towel on the Neoplans, decided it wasn't worth it, and might retire them at 12 years when they can buy a large artic order to replace them and much of the Orion V's?
Quote from: Scrabbleship on December 10, 2010, 12:44:41 PM
Quote from: WES on December 10, 2010, 10:28:01 AM
That's a little early to rehab the Orion VIIs, they are only 4 years old. The Neoplans should be the ones getting rehabbed right now. Even if it was a test paint that they were doing, that should have been done after the Neos were rehabbed.
Might Metro have thrown in a towel on the Neoplans, decided it wasn't worth it, and might retire them at 12 years when they can buy a large artic order to replace them and much of the Orion V's?
5301 is in rehab now
Bus# Route# Block# Destination
2553 23C FT06 Ballston Station.
(new paint Scheme LOCAL)
Rehabbed bus# 1438.
[/quote]
Exclusive to what...?
[/quote]
Its the first Orion Vii in the local paint scheme.
Quote from: WES on December 04, 2010, 02:14:36 PM
Something that wouldn't have been mentioned years ago because it was so common is now a surprise to see. Yesterday spotted THE BUS 63195 with a non working sign, but the front only. Years ago, it would have been a surprised to say a sign was working. Now all THE BUS has to do is get the funds to start up weekend and late night service. By the way it was working the 23.
Heh, wow! Do they still have plenty of those P/R messages like "Good Morning" with the rising sun? I did see an HDX with the side sign stating "Watch Your Step". Is that supposed to be a feature when the doors open?
Quote from: Scrabbleship on December 10, 2010, 12:44:41 PM
Quote from: WES on December 10, 2010, 10:28:01 AM
That's a little early to rehab the Orion VIIs, they are only 4 years old. The Neoplans should be the ones getting rehabbed right now. Even if it was a test paint that they were doing, that should have been done after the Neos were rehabbed.
Might Metro have thrown in a towel on the Neoplans, decided it wasn't worth it, and might retire them at 12 years when they can buy a large artic order to replace them and much of the Orion V's?
Why would the Neoplans not be worth it? I thought they were running very well nowadays.
Quote from: rideonrulez on December 10, 2010, 02:11:33 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on December 10, 2010, 12:44:41 PM
Quote from: WES on December 10, 2010, 10:28:01 AM
That's a little early to rehab the Orion VIIs, they are only 4 years old. The Neoplans should be the ones getting rehabbed right now. Even if it was a test paint that they were doing, that should have been done after the Neos were rehabbed.
Might Metro have thrown in a towel on the Neoplans, decided it wasn't worth it, and might retire them at 12 years when they can buy a large artic order to replace them and much of the Orion V's?
5301 is in rehab now
5309 Is Getting Rehabbed to. Spitted it at bladensburg on Wednesday.
I saw 5580 on Montgomery Village Avenue this morning, it was deadheaded and had a piece of paper on the windshield; I don't remember what was written on it.
Later on, I had my first taste of Ride-On's ElDorados: 5127 on the 8. This bus was rattling really hard down Forest Glen Road, I kept thinking the windows were gonna fall off.
When I got to Wheaton, I caught 5925 on the 48; this bus was doing that whole "high idle, then die down" thing whenever we stopped.
Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 10, 2010, 03:29:59 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on December 10, 2010, 12:44:41 PM
Quote from: WES on December 10, 2010, 10:28:01 AM
That's a little early to rehab the Orion VIIs, they are only 4 years old. The Neoplans should be the ones getting rehabbed right now. Even if it was a test paint that they were doing, that should have been done after the Neos were rehabbed.
Might Metro have thrown in a towel on the Neoplans, decided it wasn't worth it, and might retire them at 12 years when they can buy a large artic order to replace them and much of the Orion V's?
Why would the Neoplans not be worth it? I thought they were running very well nowadays.
I wouldnt doubt them for not really caring about the Neoplans. Parts are probably hard to find and they're basically being run down everyday on the 70/71. MTA is getting rid of all but 12 of their Neoplans (repowering the 12 to Cummins ISL).
Possably 2 local scheme Orion Vii's.... I was at the pentagon upper lever and noticed a local scheme bus on the 29H and didn't bother to look at the number... but as i looked i noticed there was a ad on the left side of the bus that i didn't see this morning...
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 10, 2010, 06:45:43 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 10, 2010, 03:29:59 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on December 10, 2010, 12:44:41 PM
Quote from: WES on December 10, 2010, 10:28:01 AM
That's a little early to rehab the Orion VIIs, they are only 4 years old. The Neoplans should be the ones getting rehabbed right now. Even if it was a test paint that they were doing, that should have been done after the Neos were rehabbed.
Might Metro have thrown in a towel on the Neoplans, decided it wasn't worth it, and might retire them at 12 years when they can buy a large artic order to replace them and much of the Orion V's?
Why would the Neoplans not be worth it? I thought they were running very well nowadays.
I wouldnt doubt them for not really caring about the Neoplans. Parts are probably hard to find and they're basically being run down everyday on the 70/71. MTA is getting rid of all but 12 of their Neoplans (repowering the 12 to Cummins ISL).
I don't think the Neos are any different from buses that spend a long time at Northern. Does anyone remember the shape Northern's original 21/2200s were in when they sent them to Western? The good part is that those buses were rehabbed shortly after leaving Northern. Now that WMATA is finishing the C40LF, the Neoplans should be next for rehab. I don't know what WMATA Neos have been like in terms of MDBF, but they seem to have done well holding down those tough Northern routes for the last 7 years. I'm thinking that they'll be fine once they get their rehab TLC.
Quote from: RideOn5905 on December 10, 2010, 05:40:53 PM
I saw 5580 on Montgomery Village Avenue this morning, it was deadheaded and had a piece of paper on the windshield; I don't remember what was written on it.
Later on, I had my first taste of Ride-On's ElDorados: 5127 on the 8. This bus was rattling really hard down Forest Glen Road, I kept thinking the windows were gonna fall off.
When I got to Wheaton, I caught 5925 on the 48; this bus was doing that whole "high idle, then die down" thing whenever we stopped.
man I forgot to mention last month, I saw 5580 on Shady Grove Road, signs weren't working at all. I was following it until I kept straight on Darnestown Rd when it turned into Great Seneca Hwy. That said, it's probably a training bus going to the training lot.
and yeah, isn't it too early for an Orion VII to be rehabbed? you sure you saw that rehab number on that bus?
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 10, 2010, 06:45:43 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 10, 2010, 03:29:59 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on December 10, 2010, 12:44:41 PM
Quote from: WES on December 10, 2010, 10:28:01 AM
That's a little early to rehab the Orion VIIs, they are only 4 years old. The Neoplans should be the ones getting rehabbed right now. Even if it was a test paint that they were doing, that should have been done after the Neos were rehabbed.
Might Metro have thrown in a towel on the Neoplans, decided it wasn't worth it, and might retire them at 12 years when they can buy a large artic order to replace them and much of the Orion V's?
Why would the Neoplans not be worth it? I thought they were running very well nowadays.
I wouldnt doubt them for not really caring about the Neoplans. Parts are probably hard to find and they're basically being run down everyday on the 70/71. MTA is getting rid of all but 12 of their Neoplans (repowering the 12 to Cummins ISL).
Actually it 30 Neo-Plans that are getting done over.
2553 also has a red stripe across the front between the windshield and the bike rack. I always said the NFs look "blank" in the front.
EDIT: I meant 2553, not 2558.
Intriguing, a red stripe? I guess for "local"?
Also, the MTA is getting rid of their Neoplans so soon? Wow, I didn't realize they were in THAT bad of shape! I hope they put them up for sale for other agencies rather than just toss them out. A good rehab would be good for them.
2553 also has that red stripe.... I think its a "cute" little add on to the new paint scheme.
That's the one I'm talking about...my bad.
Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 12, 2010, 02:32:45 PM
Intriguing, a red stripe? I guess for "local"?
Also, the MTA is getting rid of their Neoplans so soon? Wow, I didn't realize they were in THAT bad of shape! I hope they put them up for sale for other agencies rather than just toss them out. A good rehab would be good for them.
Yes, it's part of the paint scheme modified for the high front end of the Orion VII I'm guessing.
That's quite good! I kind of cringed at the huge amount of blank silver space on 2665 (?).
2820 seen on 11th Street
There's another Orion VII at Bladensburg also with the red stripe up front and on 2820 in the spot where the New Flyer logo is they painted it blue I couldn't get a front shot but I have it on video.
Here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWqrwyA3NRY
if the other 2800s will be painted for express colors, then what will become of 2823? will it still be local or will they change that too? (and same for 2462?)
speaking of which, is 2462 in service or still sitting at Bladensburg? What about 2460, 2461, and 2463?
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on December 13, 2010, 11:35:38 PM
if the other 2800s will be painted for express colors, then what will become of 2823? will it still be local or will they change that too? (and same for 2462?)
speaking of which, is 2462 in service or still sitting at Bladensburg? What about 2460, 2461, and 2463?
I don't know about 2823. I think they should leave it in Local colors. As for the JD C40LFs 2462 and 2460 are still sitting in the same spot.
2818 and 2819 are still in their original colors. saw 2820 today, very nice and new looking. the GPS on that bus isn't working, so nextbus can't help you track it down for now, but it should be on the 79.
Who says the MTA's Neo's are short - timers?
I said it... I knew it...... 2535 is in the new paint scheme.
Honestly you would think that they would paint the D40LFRs, DE40LFs, DE40LFRs since they are not going in for rehab for a while. The Orion VIIs are due for rehab a year or two after the Neos are rehabbed and you would think they would wait till then to repaint them, and not what it looks like now.
WhyMATA *smh*
Quote from: WES on December 17, 2010, 06:09:16 PM
Honestly you would think that they would paint the D40LFRs, DE40LFs, DE40LFRs since they are not going in for rehab for a while. The Orion VIIs are due for rehab a year or two after the Neos are rehabbed and you would think they would wait till then to repaint them, and not what it looks like now.
WhyMATA *smh*
There's probably some kind of schedule as to which buses are being repainted and when, not so much by build year. There was 6212-6217 6167 and 6168 that were repainted to express and local schemes.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 17, 2010, 10:51:37 PM
Quote from: WES on December 17, 2010, 06:09:16 PM
Honestly you would think that they would paint the D40LFRs, DE40LFs, DE40LFRs since they are not going in for rehab for a while. The Orion VIIs are due for rehab a year or two after the Neos are rehabbed and you would think they would wait till then to repaint them, and not what it looks like now.
WhyMATA *smh*
There's probably some kind of schedule as to which buses are being repainted and when, not so much by build year. There was 6212-6217 6167 and 6168 that were repainted to express and local schemes.
I've been living here since '96 and it appears that WMATA has consistently been rehabbing/repainting buses around 6-7 years old. I can't imagine that the few repainted D40LFs and C40LFRs has gotten a full rehab, but I could be wrong.
Wes - I really like the DE40LF in the old colors with the blue ends. I hope by some miracle they get spared from getting the new paint scheme. In fact, before this current paint scheme came along, I was wishing that the C40LFs would've gotten a paint job like the DE40LF/Orion VII/non MetroExtra C40LFR.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 17, 2010, 10:51:37 PM
Quote from: WES on December 17, 2010, 06:09:16 PM
Honestly you would think that they would paint the D40LFRs, DE40LFs, DE40LFRs since they are not going in for rehab for a while. The Orion VIIs are due for rehab a year or two after the Neos are rehabbed and you would think they would wait till then to repaint them, and not what it looks like now.
WhyMATA *smh*
There's probably some kind of schedule as to which buses are being repainted and when, not so much by build year. There was 6212-6217 6167 and 6168 that were repainted to express and local schemes.
6168 is in the old scheme
New style bus stop signs are appearing now. I've gotten pics of a few along H Street.
Rode the X9 this morning as well as the 7Y. X9 was kinda a good ride, just H Street and Benning Road are too congested. A few observations I've noted while riding.
X9
-The X9 hasn't been programmed into the system yet so no bus had a properly working headsign (ala S9 when it first came out)
-The scheduling system only registered a few trips of the X9 which are being tracked on NextBus but not all of them would take
-Minnesota Avenue only has the westbound X9 stop up, but the eastbound stop is at the same location as the U8 toward Capitol Heights but did not have a new stop sign up
-We seemed to be behind a couple of X2s all the way down H Street and the one lane eastbound makes it difficult to maneuver around the construction
-The running times seem to be okay but need to be better tuned for the construction along H Street
-There was someone on the bus from Metro who was passing out schedules and helping out people to inform them about the route
7Y
-The 7Y hasn't been programmed either. Only seen a paper sign in the dash
-The stop at Pentagon is at the old 13A,B stop along with the 16F. So alot of people who were used to them being at the upper part of the station might be surprised to know these two are at the tail end of the upper level. I did spot a couple people who were unaware of the changes waiting for a bus heading into DC
Overall observations:
-I did see alot of buses that had improper headsigns or had the wrong runs loaded into the system that didn't reflect the changes
(of oddity was the X9 FRANKLIN FARM X9 MCLEAN GARDENS X1 LAFAYETTE SQUARE)
-The 16Fs coming into DC still sign as PENTAGON which might confuse folks
As for the first day, I would have to rate is a mid-C. There is still alot of work to be done to transition into the new pick and alot of work needs to be done to have the proper signage on the buses as well as the bus stop signs.
On friday i saw 2535 on local scheme at the pentagon was on the 7A route
oh...not to mention, there was no sign at Rockville Station indicating that the T2 bus stop moved to the east side of the station. SMH...
...and I rode 4258 on the L8, got a pic that i'll post tonight
I was in Greenbelt area earlier today to check out the new G Routes. I like the routes. A lot of people were confused about the routes. All the headsigns on the G's were working correctly. The thing I like is that the G12 and the G13, 14, or 16 leave a couple minutes apart, but get to the final destination at the same time. Also, "C2 GREENBELT STATION" and "R12 GREENBELT STATION" haven't been programmed yet.
Glad to hear the T2 moved to the East Side at Rockville. I've always thought it would be faster leaving the station for sure, as well as arriving since it seems most drivers opted not to use the "back door" to the station driveway because of the lights on 355.
I was in Greenbelt last night and experienced what OrionFlyer experienced when it comes to the signs. Also saw 5442 on the B30 at Greenbelt Station. On the way home I saw 5435 on the K6 at Hillandale and an unidentified artic at Colesville on the Z2 going towards Olney.
Quote from: rideonrulez on December 21, 2010, 08:50:01 AM
I was in Greenbelt last night and experienced what OrionFlyer experienced when it comes to the signs. Also saw 5442 on the B30 at Greenbelt Station. On the way home I saw 5435 on the K6 at Hillandale and an unidentified artic at Colesville on the Z2 going towards Olney.
Granted with all the changes they had, most of the work would have been done over a week in getting all the systems together for Monday morning, but apparently not all went as should have been. Also, a number of stops still dont have the correct stop Ids or are using the internal 5 digit stop numbers and not the regional IDs or certain patterns aren't programmed with that stop ID (i.e C2 eastbound from Wheaton).
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 20, 2010, 10:38:57 AM
Overall observations:
-I did see alot of buses that had improper headsigns or had the wrong runs loaded into the system that didn't reflect the changes
(of oddity was the X9 FRANKLIN FARM X9 MCLEAN GARDENS X1 LAFAYETTE SQUARE)
-The 16Fs coming into DC still sign as PENTAGON which might confuse folks
X9 FRANKLIN FARM??? Hmmmm... a DC/MD route with a former VA 5F and 20F destination out near Chantilly. I wish I could have seen that!
Ummm I rode bout the 7Y and X9 and I heard R&D Voices
PS anyone who rides 2527 the Clever Device is experiencing "Screwed Up" tactics the Lady now sounds like a drunk drag queen.
2305 has the "warning: the bus is turning" announcement (was this the only bus to have it or do others have it too?)
Quote from: Southeastern4204 on December 21, 2010, 11:37:20 PM
Ummm I rode bout the 7Y and X9 and I heard R&D Voices
PS anyone who rides 2527 the Clever Device is experiencing "Screwed Up" tactics the Lady now sounds like a drunk drag queen.
what's R&D?
could it be that 2527 is testing a new voice or what?
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on December 22, 2010, 10:26:42 AM
2305 has the "warning: the bus is turning" announcement (was this the only bus to have it or do others have it too?)
Quote from: Southeastern4204 on December 21, 2010, 11:37:20 PM
Ummm I rode bout the 7Y and X9 and I heard R&D Voices
PS anyone who rides 2527 the Clever Device is experiencing "Screwed Up" tactics the Lady now sounds like a drunk drag queen.
what's R&D?
could it be that 2527 is testing a new voice or what?
2308 2302 also has the "warning: the bus is turning" announcement. and R&D is Route & Destination and nope its was the same old normal voice, then while I was riding the voice started to sound weird it sounds the battery is about to die or something.
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on December 22, 2010, 10:26:42 AM
2305 has the "warning: the bus is turning" announcement (was this the only bus to have it or do others have it too?)
Quote from: Southeastern4204 on December 21, 2010, 11:37:20 PM
Ummm I rode bout the 7Y and X9 and I heard R&D Voices
PS anyone who rides 2527 the Clever Device is experiencing "Screwed Up" tactics the Lady now sounds like a drunk drag queen.
what's R&D?
could it be that 2527 is testing a new voice or what?
2303 has it as well.
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on December 22, 2010, 10:26:42 AM
2305 has the "warning: the bus is turning" announcement (was this the only bus to have it or do others have it too?)
2301-2310 are the pilot buses. I hope it goes no further then that....
2705 W13 this morning
2464 X9 this morning
2823 is on the X9 right now
Quote from: rideonrulez on December 23, 2010, 08:35:54 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on December 22, 2010, 10:26:42 AM
2305 has the "warning: the bus is turning" announcement (was this the only bus to have it or do others have it too?)
2301-2310 are the pilot buses. I hope it goes no further then that....
Hear hear. Feel free to call me insensitive, but a bus driver (or any driver for that matter) should be looking for pedestrians while turning, and pedestrians should be looking out for all types of vehicles when crossing the street without reminders if you ask me.
December 23, 2010, 2:30 PM at Montgomery Mall (Bethesda MD): I saw MTA Commuter Bus V187C, a spanking brand-new MCI D4500 preparing to operate Route 991 service between Rock Spring Business Park and Hagerstown/Frederick. The new paint was a shiny blinding umblemished white and the steel wheels were gleaming. This coach was so pretty I was in the process of parking my car to jump on for a ride when I suddenly remembered there is no counter-flow service on 991 so I would have to pay for a very long and expensive taxi ride back to my car from Hagerstown(lmao). I stayed in my car.
Quote from: WMAveteran on December 24, 2010, 12:51:46 AM
December 23, 2010, 2:30 PM at Montgomery Mall (Bethesda MD): I saw MTA Commuter Bus V187C, a spanking brand-new MCI D4500 preparing to operate Route 991 service between Rock Spring Business Park and Hagerstown/Frederick. The new paint was a shiny blinding umblemished white and the steel wheels were gleaming. This coach was so pretty I was in the process of parking my car to jump on for a ride when I suddenly remembered there is no counter-flow service on 991 so I would have to pay for a very long and expensive taxi ride back to my car from Hagerstown(lmao). I stayed in my car.
If only the 75 were going to Urbana still, you coulda made it. But when the 201 starts up (also I found out who will be running both lines), they'll be using those. What the heck is with the V prefix?
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 24, 2010, 01:15:26 AM
Quote from: WMAveteran on December 24, 2010, 12:51:46 AM
December 23, 2010, 2:30 PM at Montgomery Mall (Bethesda MD): I saw MTA Commuter Bus V187C, a spanking brand-new MCI D4500 preparing to operate Route 991 service between Rock Spring Business Park and Hagerstown/Frederick. The new paint was a shiny blinding umblemished white and the steel wheels were gleaming. This coach was so pretty I was in the process of parking my car to jump on for a ride when I suddenly remembered there is no counter-flow service on 991 so I would have to pay for a very long and expensive taxi ride back to my car from Hagerstown(lmao). I stayed in my car.
If only the 75 were going to Urbana still, you coulda made it. But when the 201 starts up (also I found out who will be running both lines), they'll be using those. What the heck is with the V prefix?
Yes, you are so right about the 75 (just like me - a day late and a dollar short!). I plan to ride the 201 on opening day. Who received the contract to run the ICC service? I asked myself about the "V" prefix too but I have no idea where that came from. Looking at the coach, the "V" appears to have been applied as an after thought (it wasn't exactly level with the other letters and numbers).
Operated by Veolia?
Quote from: Tristan on December 26, 2010, 01:41:11 PM
Operated by Veolia?
I doubt that. The 991 is operated by Eyre. I'm guessing MTA might be doing contracted symbols for Commuter bus now similar to Mobility, but still negates the whole C for contracted.
Eyre has the 202 and an operation called Atlantic Coast Charters or the like will operate the 201.
Quote from: btconet on December 26, 2010, 07:20:39 PM
Eyre has the 202 and an operation called Atlantic Coast Charters or the like will operate the 201.
How in the world did this state find that contractor?
Quote from: btconet on December 26, 2010, 07:20:39 PM
Eyre has the 202 and an operation called Atlantic Coast Charters or the like will operate the 201.
Thank you for that information.
2823 is now in the express scheme. I'll post a pic later on when I have a chance.
PG The Bus 63167 (Gillig) with the sign "training" on the dash board broke down on Mccormick Dr at Landover Rd today about 12:30pm.
I guess that's a good learning experience working for The Bus.
Spotted 6301 on the C2 today.
Saw 2806 "metroextra" on the X9 to Capitol Heights at about 5pm at H/7th St NW last night.
2532 is in the new "local" paint scheme seen today on Glebe Rd at Columbia Pike at about 6pm.
Rode 5441 on the B30 last night, it had an L block, driver was hauling ass! Also 5444 was in the B30 couple days ago. Is it me or did landover traded some DE42LFA's for some 5400's?
Quote from: Flxible_Metro_8700 on December 30, 2010, 09:14:58 AM
Rode 5441 on the B30 last night, it had an L block, driver was hauling ass! Also 5444 was in the B30 couple days ago. Is it me or did landover traded some DE42LFA's for some 5400's?
Temporarily, 6301, 6302 and probably 6303 (at least went to Montgomery)
6302 was on the Z2
2088 on the S2, which was probably a cover for 4274 which broke down at Silver Spring.
yeah apparently Montgomery does 1 or 2 runs on the S line or the 70 line. yesterday I saw 4330 on the 70 and last week, 4329 on the S4.
and apparently 6303 is still at Landover, according to nextbus at least (looks like it's just 5441 and 5444 at Landover for now, I think a couple of weeks ago I heard 5442 being spotted on the B30 as well but it's back at Montgomery now)
and for my own observation: looks like the Round Rockville buses are finally back, I saw a few running on the 45 yesterday, couldn't get the numbers though. also last night I saw 2801 on the 86, instead of the big red block with the TTT, this time it was just a big light blue block with no numbers or letters, but the destination was normal (Calverton in this case)
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on December 31, 2010, 12:17:23 AM
yeah apparently Montgomery does 1 or 2 runs on the S line or the 70 line. yesterday I saw 4330 on the 70 and last week, 4329 on the S4.
and apparently 6303 is still at Landover, according to nextbus at least (looks like it's just 5441 and 5444 at Landover for now, I think a couple of weeks ago I heard 5442 being spotted on the B30 as well but it's back at Montgomery now)
and for my own observation: looks like the Round Rockville buses are finally back, I saw a few running on the 45 yesterday, couldn't get the numbers though. also last night I saw 2801 on the 86, instead of the big red block with the TTT, this time it was just a big light blue block with no numbers or letters, but the destination was normal (Calverton in this case)
I don't think Montgomery has a couple runs on the 70 or S line. They mainly cover blocks that might not go out.
Ironically, I saw 2801 yesterday afternoon on the 79 and the signs were working (still said ARCHIVES heading northbound though).
I also saw 5441 on several occasions and I think I saw 5444 at BWI
Hello everyone,
every year Mongt gives Landover a few tics to use on the B30 line ...........
this happens every year the week b4 Thanksgiving an the week after New Years
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 31, 2010, 08:24:54 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on December 31, 2010, 12:17:23 AM
yeah apparently Montgomery does 1 or 2 runs on the S line or the 70 line. yesterday I saw 4330 on the 70 and last week, 4329 on the S4.
and apparently 6303 is still at Landover, according to nextbus at least (looks like it's just 5441 and 5444 at Landover for now, I think a couple of weeks ago I heard 5442 being spotted on the B30 as well but it's back at Montgomery now)
and for my own observation: looks like the Round Rockville buses are finally back, I saw a few running on the 45 yesterday, couldn't get the numbers though. also last night I saw 2801 on the 86, instead of the big red block with the TTT, this time it was just a big light blue block with no numbers or letters, but the destination was normal (Calverton in this case)
I don't think Montgomery has a couple runs on the 70 or S line. They mainly cover blocks that might not go out.
Ironically, I saw 2801 yesterday afternoon on the 79 and the signs were working (still said ARCHIVES heading northbound though).
Of course Montgomery does 70 runs I recall back in Early 2008 before Southeastern closed seeing a few 9800 Flx Ds on the 70 and they had M blocks, I rode 9833 on the 70 once, and seem other Montgomery buses on the 70 all were rush hour blocks.
Quote from: Southeastern4204 on January 04, 2011, 10:03:13 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 31, 2010, 08:24:54 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on December 31, 2010, 12:17:23 AM
yeah apparently Montgomery does 1 or 2 runs on the S line or the 70 line. yesterday I saw 4330 on the 70 and last week, 4329 on the S4.
and apparently 6303 is still at Landover, according to nextbus at least (looks like it's just 5441 and 5444 at Landover for now, I think a couple of weeks ago I heard 5442 being spotted on the B30 as well but it's back at Montgomery now)
and for my own observation: looks like the Round Rockville buses are finally back, I saw a few running on the 45 yesterday, couldn't get the numbers though. also last night I saw 2801 on the 86, instead of the big red block with the TTT, this time it was just a big light blue block with no numbers or letters, but the destination was normal (Calverton in this case)
I don't think Montgomery has a couple runs on the 70 or S line. They mainly cover blocks that might not go out.
Ironically, I saw 2801 yesterday afternoon on the 79 and the signs were working (still said ARCHIVES heading northbound though).
Of course Montgomery does 70 runs I recall back in Early 2008 before Southeastern closed seeing a few 9800 Flx Ds on the 70 and they had M blocks, I rode 9833 on the 70 once, and seem other Montgomery buses on the 70 all were rush hour blocks.
I can tell you that Montgomery does not operate ANY scheduled S or 70 lines on this pick...