The new "NABI CNG ARTICULATED" - 2 buses are over at Four Mile for training (5404,5409) they are schedule to get 10 buses im not sure what numbers but they will be all in sevice a least by december
42'ft NEW FLYER BRT HYBRID(6301-6450) These buses will go to Maryland Divisions only(first batch)* 6303 is at SOUTHERN ANNEX for a test on the NH-1,P19
37'ft NEW FLYER BRT HYBRID -These sets will go to WESTERN,BLADENSBURG ONLY
*4001-4104 Will be in new paint local
9701-9785- Will be in express,local,rapid bus schemes
9801-9835 will go to Montgomery
So wasn't Metro Extra supposed to be the brand and paint of all limited-stop bus routes?
I can't wait to see the Flxibles in the new paint scheme. ;D
Also will the new 37fts replace the Orion II's? And does Four Mile Run have enough room for Artics; will they have to move some of their Orion CNG's to Bladensburg?
no buses will retire at this time ,29 9600's are going to "THE BUS".
Quote from: Tristan on September 24, 2008, 02:25:56 PM
So wasn't Metro Extra supposed to be the brand and paint of all limited-stop bus routes?
I think it may just be for the "rapid" BRT services. Perhaps the express scheme (whatever that would be) is for limited stop/express routes like the J4 and J9 (?).
Now, does the local scheme use white at the front like 5311 (?) or silver? It would be interesting to see Flxibles in this scheme, especially since they are over the hump in their service life.
Quote from: wmata employee on September 24, 2008, 02:45:18 PM
no buses will retire at this time ,29 9600's are going to "THE BUS".
Now I find this interesting. THE BUS is getting a numerous amount of full sized buses for their routes. i don't believe most of their routes warrant big buses, though. Are these buses finally going to replace the ODVs, which, interestingly enough, seem to be somewhat scarce now?
With all of these big buses, weekend service should certainly be looked into. Of course, I'm just preaching to the choir...
Quote from: Tritransit Area on September 25, 2008, 12:04:37 AM
Quote from: Tristan on September 24, 2008, 02:25:56 PM
So wasn't Metro Extra supposed to be the brand and paint of all limited-stop bus routes?
I think it may just be for the "rapid" BRT services. Perhaps the express scheme (whatever that would be) is for limited stop/express routes like the J4 and J9 (?).
Now, does the local scheme use white at the front like 5311 (?) or silver? It would be interesting to see Flxibles in this scheme, especially since they are over the hump in their service life.
What's the difference between the 79 (just a limited-stop 70) and the 37, 39, REX, J7, J9, and any other limited-stop route? I'm not asking anyone to make sense of WMATA here because...well we all have lives to live here, but I'm just wondering if anything has been said about more
Tylenol MetroExtra routes.
Quote from: Tritransit Area on September 25, 2008, 12:04:37 AM
Now, does the local scheme use white at the front like 5311 (?) or silver? It would be interesting to see Flxibles in this scheme, especially since they are over the hump in their service life.
When I got that pic of 5311 back in March, the front was indeed white, but it has since been painted silver like the new stuff. I see 5311 pretty much everytime I stop by Bladensburg, but it's nearly impossible to get pics of buses in the yard. There is a gap in the fence in which I was lucky enough to get pics in the past, but often WMATA support vehicles are parked there blocking any view of the buses.
RE: WMATA's service based colors. Remember where Catoe came from!
Quote from: Tristan on September 25, 2008, 08:05:40 AM
What's the difference between the 79 (just a limited-stop 70) and the 37, 39, REX, J7, J9, and any other limited-stop route? I'm not asking anyone to make sense of WMATA here because...well we all have lives to live here, but I'm just wondering if anything has been said about more Tylenol MetroExtra routes.
I'm wondering the same thing. I've been waiting for the 28X for a couple years or more. I guess from that route priority docket we saw before, there might be more limited stop lines to supplement the locals. As for Metro Extra, who knows?
1. Why the 9700s will be painted in "Express"?
2. Isn't 9801-9835 already at Montgomery?
3. Just a bit of info...it looks like 6301 is doing testing on the J7/J9...saw it yesterday on I-270 NB
4. How will the 37' Hybrids go to Western if they have height restrictions?
(yeah I know im too curious)
Actually Western's height restrictions might be just a myth. Some may not know but over the past couple of years, Western has been using a couple of Northern's Metro D's to probably test that theory and apparently since Western is getting them may mean that the height problem, isn't.
Quote from: WES on September 28, 2008, 11:15:03 AM
Actually Western's height restrictions might be just a myth. Some may not know but over the past couple of years, Western has been using a couple of Northern's Metro D's to probably test that theory and apparently since Western is getting them may mean that the height problem, isn't.
Didn't Western used to have Flxibles? My first Metrobus ride back in February of '05 was on the L2 on a 9700 or 9800 back when, IIRC, Western had the DC L's.
Quote from: Scrabbleship on September 28, 2008, 01:49:09 PM
Quote from: WES on September 28, 2008, 11:15:03 AM
Actually Western's height restrictions might be just a myth. Some may not know but over the past couple of years, Western has been using a couple of Northern's Metro D's to probably test that theory and apparently since Western is getting them may mean that the height problem, isn't.
Didn't Western used to have Flxibles? My first Metrobus ride back in February of '05 was on the L2 on a 9700 or 9800 back when, IIRC, Western had the DC L's.
I've seen Metro-Ds on occasion at Western, the last time was quite a few years ago. Metro-Ds can definately make it into the terminal without any issue (see T2). I don't think I've ever seen one actually in service on a Western route though.
Quote from: Scrabbleship on September 28, 2008, 01:49:09 PM
Quote from: WES on September 28, 2008, 11:15:03 AM
Actually Western's height restrictions might be just a myth. Some may not know but over the past couple of years, Western has been using a couple of Northern's Metro D's to probably test that theory and apparently since Western is getting them may mean that the height problem, isn't.
Didn't Western used to have Flxibles? My first Metrobus ride back in February of '05 was on the L2 on a 9700 or 9800 back when, IIRC, Western had the DC L's.
Yes, in addition to the few Metro-Ds mentioned, Western (until about 2 years ago) had plenty of Metro-Es along with some Bs too. In fact they had most of the high 9200s, but those were some of the first Bs to go since they didn't have lifts.
The Flxibles that Western has were Metro-Bs and Es, I have never seen any D's at the division (although I have sometimes seen 9700s on Western routes and in Friendship Heights, but not Western division itself)
Perhaps you may not have seen them because there weren't many Ds at Western, nor they didn't stay long.