DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => Beyond the Beltway => Topic started by: mrpete on September 07, 2010, 04:30:22 PM

Title: Things That Make You Go...............!
Post by: mrpete on September 07, 2010, 04:30:22 PM
Some time ago I while reviewing Van Hool's international web site I came upon a graphic for a new "intercity coach", designated C3045, for the US market, then under development. It looked like a pregnant Scenicruiser at best. Today while reviewing the Canadian Public Transit Discussion  Board's (CPTDB) Comprehensive bus manufacturer Wiki, on the Van Hool page I found a link to the C3045. Apparently this..vehicle was a cooperative venture with AC Transit for a new "suburban" style bus. Clicking on the link revealed ....this:

http://groups.google.com/group/norcalbusfans/browse_thread/thread/4f5aeec00e2d0dfa   (http://groups.google.com/group/norcalbusfans/browse_thread/thread/4f5aeec00e2d0dfa)

At the time AC was serious about this: to wit:

http://www.actransit.org/aboutac/bod/memos/4842c9.pdf
Title: Re: Things That Make You Go...............!
Post by: Tritransit Area on September 16, 2010, 11:06:25 AM
Ugly bus, isn't it?  I find it interesting that these are their last VanHools!