DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: LandoverDivision on August 19, 2010, 08:06:10 AM

Title: Xcelsior Demenstrator
Post by: LandoverDivision on August 19, 2010, 08:06:10 AM
The pic is in my cell but unfortunately, I can't send it to my computer. Anyways, there is an Xcelsior sitting at CET not sure if it's still there or not. Maybe WMATA is getting Xcelsiors soon? IDK but maybe it'll be at the Roadeo next month. I hope.
Title: Re: Xcelsior Demenstrator
Post by: OrionFlyer on August 19, 2010, 08:46:13 AM
Man I hope WMATA considers buying these. That would be awesome.
Title: Re: Xcelsior Demenstrator
Post by: Tritransit Area on August 19, 2010, 10:33:39 AM
*gasp*  That would be quite nifty!  They should get these instead of LFAs.  At least the Xcelsiors have functional benefits over the LFAs...they aren't just there to look pretty.
Title: Re: Xcelsior Demenstrator
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 19, 2010, 01:07:00 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on August 19, 2010, 10:33:39 AM
*gasp*  That would be quite nifty!  They should get these instead of LFAs.  At least the Xcelsiors have functional benefits over the LFAs...they aren't just there to look pretty.
Yeah. I've seen the specs of them and they boast pretty neat features. So far, CT Transit is ordering them and they are the only US agency AFAIK that has placed orders for them. Given if NFI can offer a good price, I'm sure we could be seeing these.
Title: Re: Xcelsior Demenstrator
Post by: Tritransit Area on August 19, 2010, 02:43:14 PM
Quite frankly, I wonder if WMATA, as a part of the 500 hybrid order(s?) can change from the LFAs to the Excelsiors.  SEPTA went from DE40LFs and DE40LFRs in our 400-480 bus order.
Title: Re: Xcelsior Demenstrator
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 19, 2010, 04:23:33 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on August 19, 2010, 02:43:14 PM
Quite frankly, I wonder if WMATA, as a part of the 500 hybrid order(s?) can change from the LFAs to the Excelsiors.  SEPTA went from DE40LFs and DE40LFRs in our 400-480 bus order.
I think it's possible given if the costs are still reasonable.
Title: Re: Xcelsior Demenstrator
Post by: Annex4421 on August 19, 2010, 06:43:14 PM
My friend told me theres 2 of them MTA Maryland has one and is considering 785 of them I wonder if WMATA is gonna go back to diesels and CNGs after these hybrids a CNG Xcelsior would look so beautiful
Title: Re: Xcelsior Demenstrator
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 20, 2010, 12:00:20 AM
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on August 19, 2010, 06:43:14 PM
My friend told me theres 2 of them MTA Maryland has one and is considering 785 of them I wonder if WMATA is gonna go back to diesels and CNGs after these hybrids a CNG Xcelsior would look so beautiful
Really doubt they'll go back to diesels. Brampton and CT ordered the XDE40s. I know for sure all future orders from now on for MTA are going to be hybrid.