DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 02, 2010, 10:17:40 PM

Title: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 02, 2010, 10:17:40 PM
Photos from today (AM)
(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1cAyL1AI/AAAAAAAADtw/E7isha83o74/s800/DSCF7694.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1fGbWRKI/AAAAAAAADt8/idgUAzkNTEg/s800/DSCF7710.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1goTwnOI/AAAAAAAADuA/eywcsSLz8Mg/s800/DSCF7713.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1hQNvVyI/AAAAAAAADuE/r1wHsIGKjbA/s800/DSCF7714.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1i_bM3VI/AAAAAAAADuM/qQljaYCaskQ/s800/DSCF7717.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1l_hiLEI/AAAAAAAADuc/u0ZhBmp6m_0/s800/DSCF7721.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1oOz3qaI/AAAAAAAADuk/_PPQ8OUO4k0/s800/DSCF7729.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1o93VEXI/AAAAAAAADuo/BhkFMQx3SH0/s800/DSCF7731.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1pycelKI/AAAAAAAADus/jckWrlEUauw/s800/DSCF7734.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1sQvaCfI/AAAAAAAADu0/NEi6rtsvUqQ/s800/DSCF7739.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1tAuVQRI/AAAAAAAADu4/Kkdk9e0DcLs/s800/DSCF7748.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1vN3DsBI/AAAAAAAADvA/rZJBmOUUTbc/s800/DSCF7759.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1v-bNTLI/AAAAAAAADvE/izHlFYHAUZM/s800/DSCF7760.JPG)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on August 05, 2010, 10:08:10 AM
DC CIRCULATOR:
I've been seeing some 2009 Van Hool A300K buses on the Georgetown-Union Station lines lately.  At least I'm not the only one who has.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: Scrabbleship on August 05, 2010, 10:37:06 AM
Quote from: ChristopherF on August 05, 2010, 10:08:10 AM
DC CIRCULATOR:
I've been seeing some 2009 Van Hool A300K buses on the Georgetown-Union Station lines lately.  At least I'm not the only one who has.

I think this might be some real-world testing of how the 300K's will handle Georgetown traffic when Blue Bus goes Circulator next month.

At the same time, I've seen 300K's on the Southwest Waterfront route and I've seen many runs on the Woodley Park-Adams Morgan-14th St-McPherson Square route go to A330's.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 05, 2010, 02:02:20 PM
PM Pics from 2 Aug
(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1wqUEvTI/AAAAAAAADvI/ZlEfFaRdR2M/s800/DSCF7782.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1xlN3DyI/AAAAAAAADvM/GAew-BnMA8w/s800/DSCF7787.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd1yYJDsaI/AAAAAAAADvQ/c3fpZhGt1MA/s800/DSCF7790.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd11yGkjfI/AAAAAAAADvg/ckP2qou97Ac/s800/DSCF7800.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd143R7lgI/AAAAAAAADvs/tBCpwE7p77A/s800/DSCF7812.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd2jvCGrVI/AAAAAAAADv4/Zl0FOse0tsY/s800/DSCF7850.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd23ZiLA9I/AAAAAAAADwE/3vFgzVP-80Y/s800/DSCF7860.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd3J1qrffI/AAAAAAAADwI/znWIxYYAuZA/s800/DSCF7871.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd3fRRddNI/AAAAAAAADwM/FFDHKn9vmiU/s800/DSCF7876.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd3gXjIKAI/AAAAAAAADwQ/RoR1AIX_7Gs/s800/DSCF7878.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd3jhJbtmI/AAAAAAAADwc/g43f8ma8uls/s800/DSCF7893.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd38E2wRxI/AAAAAAAADwo/v39Z6NlJXsc/s800/DSCF7908.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd4RjTlF_I/AAAAAAAADw4/YW_XAU_do9M/s800/DSCF7811.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TFd4rFVWQJI/AAAAAAAADw8/Icab7kIitm0/s800/DSCF7784-1.JPG)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 06, 2010, 04:54:40 PM
Pics from today uploaded to Picasa. I'll post the good ones later on

http://picasaweb.google.com/flyerD4001/6Aug?feat=directlink
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 07, 2010, 01:29:03 PM
Alright, let's start with some bizarre sign displays from 4100:

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb4100m.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb4100n.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb4100p.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb4100q.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb4100r.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb4100s.jpg)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 07, 2010, 01:42:56 PM
The rest from July 26

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb5451.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb6479.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2020.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2046.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2330.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2333.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2617.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2464.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2328.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2115.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb9338.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2322.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2397.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2170a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb4294.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb9388.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb4399.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2408.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb6145a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb6145b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2170b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2399.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb6182.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb4402.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb3016.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb9371.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb4259.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb9407.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2213a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2213b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/26%20July%202010/mb2213c.jpg)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 07, 2010, 01:50:23 PM
Now onto August 2. First, here's the lady that got in my way in one of my shots (and I was clearly in front of her, moving up as she got closer, but she didn't get the message)

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb2345x.jpg)


and here's the rest that turned out well...for the most part...

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6538b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6539a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb4350.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb2587.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb2361.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6433.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb2463.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6353.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb4202.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb4203.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb4297.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb2339.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb4406.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb2802.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb4060.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb9338.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6143.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6108.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb2385.jpg)


and after the clouds came back and covered the sun, I had a lot of shots here in which I forgot to adjust the shutter speed, so they're not as good as they should be

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6115.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb4256.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb3030.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6452.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb9403.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6166.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb4333.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb9351.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb5438.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6530.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6203.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6168.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6535.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb4322.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb4341.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6301a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/2%20August%202010/mb6301b.jpg)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on August 07, 2010, 09:07:39 PM
How hard would it be for WMATA to spell "Tenleytown" correctly on the headsigns?  It isn't like they are lacking room for the missing "e."

I've noticed several complaints recently from various photgraphers here about people blocking shots.  Remember that most people aren't suspecting that you are taking a photo of a bus (most people don't in their day to day lives) and are probably in their own little worlds anyway and not paying attention.  I'm more aware of photographers and try not to get in their way when I can, but I've probably knowingly ruined shots (for example, yesterday, I was on my bike near the Washington Monument and did not slow down when a man set up on one side of the path to photograph his traveling companion, standing on the other side, never mind that this guy then stepped out in front of the bike, but that is a general rant against oblivious tourists that probably deserves its own thread).  Fortunately, in the world of digital photography, there is no loss of film.  The bus might have moved on but after all, it is just a bus and part of the challenge is getting that "perfect" shot without a hitch...
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 10, 2010, 11:07:43 AM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on August 07, 2010, 09:07:39 PM
How hard would it be for WMATA to spell "Tenleytown" correctly on the headsigns?  It isn't like they are lacking room for the missing "e."

I've noticed several complaints recently from various photgraphers here about people blocking shots.  Remember that most people aren't suspecting that you are taking a photo of a bus (most people don't in their day to day lives) and are probably in their own little worlds anyway and not paying attention.  I'm more aware of photographers and try not to get in their way when I can, but I've probably knowingly ruined shots (for example, yesterday, I was on my bike near the Washington Monument and did not slow down when a man set up on one side of the path to photograph his traveling companion, standing on the other side, never mind that this guy then stepped out in front of the bike, but that is a general rant against oblivious tourists that probably deserves its own thread).  Fortunately, in the world of digital photography, there is no loss of film.  The bus might have moved on but after all, it is just a bus and part of the challenge is getting that "perfect" shot without a hitch...
On the 3900s, they have it spelled correctly. There are various typos and short spellings on a bunch of the signs. GREENNCASTLE. At least we dont see BRGS CHNY anymore. The 2 line stacking doesn't make matters better either where you have alot of the destination being crammed into one single display. For example, MT. PLEASANT VIA ADAMS MORGAN. Why Metro did this even though Mount Pleasant worked fine is beyond me. This isn't even programmed into some buses on the sign controllers themselves but just in the Clever Devices system. So, most 42s have to key up the H8 and then change the route to show 42.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 10, 2010, 11:10:25 AM
hey, at least we don't have 3-line stacking like they do with the '06 Gilligs at Palm Tran (and maybe later models)

example:
(http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq43/FLbusgallery/Palm%20Tran/0606a.jpg)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 10, 2010, 11:23:45 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 10, 2010, 11:10:25 AM
hey, at least we don't have 3-line stacking like they do with the '06 Gilligs at Palm Tran (and maybe later models)
I don't get why some TAs are so privy as to not use alternating displays and want to stack everything in one display. It makes the sign less readable from a distance and you have to wait for the bus to be near the stop just to see where it's going. That's why I like the Luminator TITAN, Twinvision, and Aesys signs because they do well with multiple line stacking because of the better contrast and viewing angles.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: Scrabbleship on August 10, 2010, 11:38:11 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 10, 2010, 11:23:45 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 10, 2010, 11:10:25 AM
hey, at least we don't have 3-line stacking like they do with the '06 Gilligs at Palm Tran (and maybe later models)
I don't get why some TAs are so privy as to not use alternating displays and want to stack everything in one display. It makes the sign less readable from a distance and you have to wait for the bus to be near the stop just to see where it's going. That's why I like the Luminator TITAN, Twinvision, and Aesys signs because they do well with multiple line stacking because of the better contrast and viewing angles.

In the cases of TA's that were late adopters of electronic signs (points finger at Muni and CDTA), it's a compromise for the often wordy rollsigns both agencies previously used. Both agencies also "name" their routes ("38-Geary", "22-Albany/Troy via Broadway", etc.)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on August 10, 2010, 11:58:09 AM
I actually think MT PLEASANT VIA ADAMS MORGAN is an improvement.  Adams Morgan is an area that isn't served by the Red Line directly and is a major destination for that line.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 10, 2010, 01:36:01 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on August 10, 2010, 11:58:09 AM
I actually think MT PLEASANT VIA ADAMS MORGAN is an improvement.  Adams Morgan is an area that isn't served by the Red Line directly and is a major destination for that line.
It only works given if its programmed into the sign. It's still not on alot of Orions at Western.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 10, 2010, 02:42:58 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 10, 2010, 01:36:01 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on August 10, 2010, 11:58:09 AM
I actually think MT PLEASANT VIA ADAMS MORGAN is an improvement.  Adams Morgan is an area that isn't served by the Red Line directly and is a major destination for that line.
It only works given if its programmed into the sign. It's still not on alot of Orions at Western.

hmm...most of the buses I see on the 42 these days have that extra "via Adams Morgan" bit.
I mean...Adams Morgan has plenty of other buses that run through there, like the 90, 92, 93, 96, H1, L2, X3, and Circulator. So I don't think it's VERY necessary to add that bit of info on the sign, just a bit of a convenience.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: Transport on August 10, 2010, 05:55:00 PM
I think any of the 90s buses terminating at Duke Ellington Bridge should instead be signed "ADAMS MORGAN" instead of "DUKE ELLINGTON BRIDGE."  I suspect more people know where Ad Mo is vs. the Ellington Bridge.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 10, 2010, 05:59:55 PM
Quote from: Transport on August 10, 2010, 05:55:00 PM
I think any of the 90s buses terminating at Duke Ellington Bridge should instead be signed "ADAMS MORGAN" instead of "DUKE ELLINGTON BRIDGE."  I suspect more people know where Ad Mo is vs. the Ellington Bridge.
Adams Morgan is a broad area. If they had signed them for Adams Morgan, some people would confuse it for the Woodley Park terminus. Ellington Bridge is technically the correct name for the terminus because it ends at that loop before the bridge.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on August 10, 2010, 11:43:52 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 10, 2010, 05:59:55 PM
Quote from: Transport on August 10, 2010, 05:55:00 PM
I think any of the 90s buses terminating at Duke Ellington Bridge should instead be signed "ADAMS MORGAN" instead of "DUKE ELLINGTON BRIDGE."  I suspect more people know where Ad Mo is vs. the Ellington Bridge.
Adams Morgan is a broad area. If they had signed them for Adams Morgan, some people would confuse it for the Woodley Park terminus. Ellington Bridge is technically the correct name for the terminus because it ends at that loop before the bridge.

I don't know anyone who considers the area by Calvert and Connecticut to be part of Adams Morgan.  When someone says Adams Morgan to me, I think of 18th and Columbia.  It wouldn't be the end of the world if that headsign said ADAMS MORGAN.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 11, 2010, 08:06:13 AM
I just don't see it happening. Why change up something that's been the same for years along the 90s. I do wish they could change the 42's terminus to not read Metro Center and should say 9th & G or something of the sort since technically that terminus is situated closer to Gallery Place than Metro Center.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 12, 2010, 02:34:53 AM
Check this out!!! From what I heard from a friend who's going to work for Ride-On soon, there's gonna be even more of these Gillig Advantages moving up to Gaithersburg.

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/9%20August%202010/5735a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/9%20August%202010/5735b.jpg)



oh, and the reason why these photos are only 640x480 is because I wasn't aware it was set to that resolution, it wasn't before I was in Silver Spring when I realized why my pictures weren't in good quality.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 12, 2010, 03:02:52 AM
here's the rest

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/9%20August%202010/5179.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/9%20August%202010/5584.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/6471.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/2444.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/6116.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/2165.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/9358a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/9358b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/6505.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/6152.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/4258.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/9371.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/2332.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/2130.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/6447.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/6494.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/3024.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/2072.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/6126.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/9338.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/2821.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/4063.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/4255.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/2101.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/4404.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/6364.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/9384.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/4319.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/9%20August%202010/6545.jpg)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on August 12, 2010, 07:50:48 AM
Love that shot of 2072 on the 13B.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 12, 2010, 04:36:04 PM
Mine from the 9th
(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyuwEVveI/AAAAAAAAD2s/SIe04CaG3_E/s800/DSCF8024.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyvNtSSwI/AAAAAAAAD2w/kl9bFZ2o-40/s800/DSCF8027.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyvoBX0eI/AAAAAAAAD20/WKbq9Hwa_nE/s800/DSCF8029.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyv21BCcI/AAAAAAAAD24/M0NjwFoXaJM/s800/DSCF8031.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQywAhla5I/AAAAAAAAD28/I0pzbbonH8E/s800/DSCF8032.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyxNDmprI/AAAAAAAAD3M/vUUHevrNBGw/s800/DSCF8052.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyxeh4PbI/AAAAAAAAD3U/bhhsFdMeuHA/s800/DSCF8064.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyxhHR_AI/AAAAAAAAD3Y/iZPe6QKXPPw/s800/DSCF8066.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyx-K1q2I/AAAAAAAAD3c/x7EbFEOiTMo/s800/DSCF8077.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyxy7vaxI/AAAAAAAAD3g/Nhp-kXi5-ks/s800/DSCF8079.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyyCYVhwI/AAAAAAAAD3k/vQgeDC7WTnI/s800/DSCF8080.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyyA36dMI/AAAAAAAAD3o/TQB7xCLRRhc/s800/DSCF8087.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyyaFA4HI/AAAAAAAAD3s/5hTTaXflJVs/s800/DSCF8090.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyyxvCVNI/AAAAAAAAD3w/YyzD2Ujo9gY/s800/DSCF8091.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyyyivUOI/AAAAAAAAD30/Q6gOE5_uhbo/s800/DSCF8096.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyzLcrx4I/AAAAAAAAD34/FFfgCL_jlzA/s800/DSCF8107.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyzG8uJWI/AAAAAAAAD38/4Ovpw0MeQCI/s800/DSCF8108.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQyz70WMLI/AAAAAAAAD4M/j4WYAWMGGhg/s800/DSCF8126.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQy0HSdkDI/AAAAAAAAD4Q/-D5cSsOXUZE/s800/DSCF8131.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQy0TuTloI/AAAAAAAAD4U/dYUeaWY1_Do/s800/DSCF8136.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQy0vAGHJI/AAAAAAAAD4c/Zjjn09nNTZY/s800/DSCF8139.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGQy047QC8I/AAAAAAAAD4g/lUYx_qu2HG4/s800/DSCF8140.JPG)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: Flxible on August 16, 2010, 01:21:08 PM
It's great to see so many Flxes are still in service despite the sudden influx of LFAs.  I like the B&W effect on some of those.
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: Nabinut on August 16, 2010, 04:42:24 PM
Here are mine from this Saturday:
This past Saturday I visited DC on a whim and here are the results:
Metrobus:
New Flyer DE40LF #6037:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3303.jpg)
New Flyer DE62LFA #5436:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3318.jpg)
Orion VII CNG #2607:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3333.jpg)
Orion VI #2055:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3336.jpg)
New Flyer C40LF #2385 with the Capitol Building in the Background:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3339.jpg)
Orion V #4290:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3346.jpg)
DE42LFA #6482 at Anacostia Station:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3350.jpg)
6539 at Greenbelt Station
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3355.jpg)
New Flyer D40LF Suburban #6216:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3354.jpg)
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3359.jpg)
Montgomery County Ride-On:
New Flyer C40LF #5826:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3306.jpg)
Gillig Advantage #5751:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3314.jpg)
Gillig Advantage 29 footer #5024:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3310.jpg)
Gillig Advantage Hybrid #5341:
(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/RegionalTransit/East%20Coast%20Transit-Washington%20DC/DC3324.jpg)

Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 18, 2010, 06:23:48 PM
Pics from the 16th
(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa2CDGXII/AAAAAAAAD74/viAn9HVahyo/s800/DSCF8219.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa2mf2pkI/AAAAAAAAD8A/ZKJeDHp8evE/s800/DSCF8232.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa21cb9aI/AAAAAAAAD8E/lP6LwEoIKZo/s800/DSCF8237.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxcQUYK3DI/AAAAAAAAD94/0aSm2-Dnv4s/s800/DSCF8235.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa3yfKVaI/AAAAAAAAD8M/Ioj_zrrJ2zQ/s800/DSCF8241.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa4NIwyEI/AAAAAAAAD8Q/HMfIBtUQxxg/s800/DSCF8245.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa4au9srI/AAAAAAAAD8Y/jPuGa6AcbBY/s800/DSCF8257.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa5NptcqI/AAAAAAAAD8c/xTYIjk9nNAk/s800/DSCF8260.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxcAPdhekI/AAAAAAAAD90/GANrkxPAFBg/s800/DSCF8252.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa5Gi1bII/AAAAAAAAD8g/quI_T7rro7Q/s800/DSCF8273.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa5ZBoSZI/AAAAAAAAD8k/k8fG83E9mJY/s800/DSCF8279.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa5kvhw1I/AAAAAAAAD8o/NSNEoTal6DQ/s800/DSCF8280.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa6Ivi68I/AAAAAAAAD8w/auV1qh7InM0/s800/DSCF8293.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa749ZQgI/AAAAAAAAD9M/aHpn1d20ULQ/s800/DSCF8322.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa8bFO6rI/AAAAAAAAD9U/slNQ2EbIyNo/s800/DSCF8332.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa8mdXHZI/AAAAAAAAD9Y/kSgjBV54ZJo/s800/DSCF8341.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TGxa9z66JTI/AAAAAAAAD9g/10Hv3atL-C0/s800/DSCF8351.JPG)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 24, 2010, 03:56:08 PM
I have a ton of pics from yesterday that I won't spend time posting all of them. I'm just gonna post the goods.
Link to the album: http://picasaweb.google.com/flyerD4001/23Aug
(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQfOALYRZI/AAAAAAAAD-0/QB85WVCos5M/s800/DSCF8406.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQfZo7kPLI/AAAAAAAAD_0/1_-zK_h_DU4/s800/DSCF8423.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQfbHRsEqI/AAAAAAAAEAA/rS-g3sau7Rw/s800/DSCF8426.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQfgu_bFXI/AAAAAAAAEAY/gaoqQBFbRqo/s800/DSCF8436.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQfnWat9AI/AAAAAAAAEBM/oMrDH3RtOAo/s800/DSCF8453.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQfw8QvOvI/AAAAAAAAECE/BaaKmHgJOi0/s800/DSCF8479.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQf2scXDLI/AAAAAAAAECc/aqVvpEvNP2w/s800/DSCF8488.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQf4kIpZHI/AAAAAAAAECo/M87U-ngJAcA/s800/DSCF8491.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQf4_Ff6NI/AAAAAAAAECs/9PxYlDJh8II/s800/DSCF8492.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQf_aU9ByI/AAAAAAAAEDM/McnSWM9OGBo/s800/DSCF8500.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQgE1oYsdI/AAAAAAAAEDo/c4YLZe1RTik/s800/DSCF8508.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQgFtbg1JI/AAAAAAAAEDs/76Oz3GbOBaY/s800/DSCF8510.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQgF_QAhOI/AAAAAAAAEDw/mW6rJpiWK4k/s800/DSCF8511.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THQgIrII-8I/AAAAAAAAED8/CSILjdNr9EM/s800/DSCF8517.JPG)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 30, 2010, 03:44:01 PM
Shuttle's new toy
(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/THwHujL40cI/AAAAAAAAEHM/0vUbGXwqDoM/s800/DSCF8658.JPG)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on August 30, 2010, 03:50:26 PM
Nice pics yall. Hey Ken do Shuttle's hybrids have the Voith hybrid of the Allison ones?
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 30, 2010, 07:47:19 PM
Quote from: LandoverDivision on August 30, 2010, 03:50:26 PM
Nice pics yall. Hey Ken do Shuttle's hybrids have the Voith hybrid of the Allison ones?
Allison
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 31, 2010, 07:06:15 PM
2010 clean diesels
3410
(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TH2Gjx3gstI/AAAAAAAAEHo/Qqw7Ftp0ndA/s800/DSCF8659.JPG)

3710
(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/TH2GkXwq-tI/AAAAAAAAEHs/OzVuFzG7pdo/s800/DSCF8661.JPG)
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on September 01, 2010, 11:12:46 PM
Verrry nice!  And the windows even open!
Title: Re: August 2010 Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on September 01, 2010, 11:41:46 PM
They are pretty nice on the inside. Got the American Seating Insight (the CTA seats). On the hybrids, the front section is bench seating to accommodate the crowding conditions on a couple routes. On the clean diesels, it's a regular configuration. The interior portion of the windows are tinted. The clean diesels are ISL9/Voith (expected) and are pretty neat. Rear route signs as well. I've only tracked about 3 hybrids and 2 clean diesels out so far.