DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => Beyond the Beltway => Topic started by: metroman177 on July 24, 2010, 07:08:32 PM

Title: C'ville action
Post by: metroman177 on July 24, 2010, 07:08:32 PM
Here a little C'ville action, whatchathink, enjoy.  8)
Title: Re: C'ville action
Post by: metroman177 on August 07, 2010, 07:34:49 PM
Their new scheme is coming...... ;)
Title: Re: C'ville action
Post by: MetroLinerXLZ on August 09, 2010, 12:18:39 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!! My beloved colors that I grew up on! Where are they?! I don't see em' on that bus! Three decades of service and they want to change my colors?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wait, it's CAT now!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I want my CTS back!! Give it back!! NOW!
:'( :'( :'(



NOTE: I knew about the CAT thing; that was bound to happen. When the "RTA" talks happened in 2007, they did hint at a name change.

Great looking Gillig, and although I like how the paint job does nicely reflect Charlottesville, I WANT MY OLD COLORS ON THAT BUS!!! PUT EM' BACK!!
:'( :'( :'(
Title: Re: C'ville action
Post by: metroman177 on August 09, 2010, 02:29:06 PM
Sorry man, and I know this new look has to grow on me too. Yeah! how many CAT systems out there now......I know Raleigh, NC, Las Vagas, NV...list list could go on. I 'll have some more photos for you soon.   8)
Title: Re: C'ville action
Post by: metroman177 on August 09, 2010, 10:29:38 PM
All finished...almost readdy for service..... 8)
Title: Re: C'ville action
Post by: Perry on August 13, 2010, 01:11:56 AM
Las Vegas is no longer CAT.  It's been RTC Transit for a couple of years now, but the media and others won't stop referring to it as such.  Some of the coaches still have CAT, but they're getting eradicated as quickly as possible.
Title: Re: C'ville action
Post by: aznboy4305 on August 13, 2010, 09:32:58 AM
I like these new colors a lot better; they actually use COLORS. The old scheme just look like white buses and Janet planes.
Title: Re: C'ville action
Post by: Tritransit Area on August 17, 2010, 10:14:19 AM
Quote from: Perry on August 13, 2010, 01:11:56 AM
Las Vegas is no longer CAT.  It's been RTC Transit for a couple of years now, but the media and others won't stop referring to it as such.  Some of the coaches still have CAT, but they're getting eradicated as quickly as possible.

It seems like the name change was kind of subdued.  Did you guys make a formal, public announcement saying that "hey, we are now CAT!"?  I think "CAT" was always a division of the RTC, and you guys just dropped the name, right?
Title: Re: C'ville action
Post by: Perry on August 21, 2010, 02:04:01 AM
CAT was the name chosen quite awhile ago and nobody could really figure it out.  Since RTC is the transit system, the name is being officially changed to RTC Transit.  It was mentioned in formal releases but the media still calls it CAT every now and then.