Thirty-two (32) diesel-electric hybird artics and eighteen (18) 42 foot CNGs will be purchased for use at Logan International Airport (Boston MA) to replace 94 diesel rental car buses and 26 older CNGs. Read details at www.boston.com/business/ticker/2010/07/green_buses_are.html (http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2010/07/green_buses_are.html).
Quote from: WMAveteran on July 19, 2010, 04:16:55 PM
Thirty-two (32) diesel-electric hybird artics and eighteen (18) 42 foot CNGs will be purchased for use at Logan International Airport (Boston MA) to replace 94 diesel rental car buses and 26 older CNGs. Read details at www.boston.com/business/ticker/2010/07/green_buses_are.html (http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2010/07/green_buses_are.html).
42' CNG's...this order screams either LFA/LFR or NABI BRT. Either way, those Neoplans are starting to be a bit long in the tooth (they're mid 90's vintage) and save for the Avis/Budget Gilligs everything else is a cruel joke posing as a bus.
Oh wow, I really liked those Neoplans too :(.
NABI BRT's they are:
http://www.massport.com/news-room/News/MassportNewFleetofGreenBuses.aspx
I figured they'd go with NABI. I haven't really heard of anyone getting CNG LFAs yet although I wouldn't put it past New Flyer given if someone puts in specs for them (maybe Phoenix).