I just got word from a friend of mine that MTA Maryland is reciving 12 DE60LFs from New Flyer that were originally CTA's but CTA couldnt afford them so NFI gave them to MTA Marylad I'll be sure to post more info when I get more.
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on June 02, 2010, 04:44:05 PM
I just got word from a friend of mine that MTA Maryland is reciving 12 DE60LFs from New Flyer that were originally CTA's but CTA couldnt afford them so NFI gave them to MTA Marylad I'll be sure to post more info when I get more.
Hmm. Interesting. I thought CTA's recent order were paid with stimulus funds. This would make 42 tics on the fleet.
Ok so it's comfirmed and set delivery is expected to be done by the end of the summer and they will be numbered 09101-09112.
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on June 17, 2010, 04:05:46 PM
Ok so it's comfirmed and set delivery is expected to be done by the end of the summer and they will be numbered 09101-09112.
Why would you number 2010 buses in the 09XXX scheme? Wouldn't 10XX have made more sense?
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on June 02, 2010, 04:44:05 PM
I just got word from a friend of mine that MTA Maryland is reciving 12 DE60LFs from New Flyer that were originally CTA's but CTA couldnt afford them so NFI gave them to MTA Marylad I'll be sure to post more info when I get more.
There not "originally CTA's" buses, there taking the "slots" in the production line that would have been the CTA order.
Quote from: Scrabbleship on June 17, 2010, 04:31:10 PM
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on June 17, 2010, 04:05:46 PM
Ok so it's comfirmed and set delivery is expected to be done by the end of the summer and they will be numbered 09101-09112.
Why would you number 2010 buses in the 09XXX scheme? Wouldn't 10XX have made more sense?
The original order was probably put in 2009. Our 0200s didn't come in until 2003 and our 2000 NABIs didn't come in until 2001.
Quote from: Scrabbleship on June 17, 2010, 04:31:10 PM
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on June 17, 2010, 04:05:46 PM
Ok so it's comfirmed and set delivery is expected to be done by the end of the summer and they will be numbered 09101-09112.
Why would you number 2010 buses in the 09XXX scheme? Wouldn't 10XX have made more sense?
The 1000 series is already taken with the delivery of more New Flyers in addition to the artics
Quote from: rideonrulez on June 17, 2010, 10:52:42 PM
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on June 02, 2010, 04:44:05 PM
I just got word from a friend of mine that MTA Maryland is reciving 12 DE60LFs from New Flyer that were originally CTA's but CTA couldnt afford them so NFI gave them to MTA Marylad I'll be sure to post more info when I get more.
There not "originally CTA's" buses, there taking the "slots" in the production line that would have been the CTA order.
That's what I was thinking too. Sort of like the "WMATA rejects" that went to the NYCDOT PBLs back in the day.
Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on June 17, 2010, 04:05:46 PM
Ok so it's comfirmed and set delivery is expected to be done by the end of the summer and they will be numbered 09101-09112.
Where did you get this information from?
MTA Administrator Wells confirmed the deal with NFI last month. Characterized as a "steal" the MTA will acquire the artics for the price of 40' hybrids. No time frame yet on delivery.
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/traffic/2010/06/mta_chief_outlines_priorities.html#more
I think in the near future MTA might have to pursue plans for a new garage. A few years ago, there was rumor that Eastern was going to be moved out to White Marsh. There was another prime piece of land (to this day still has no development on despite the high rises being razed over 10 years ago) that would have been suitable but a developer bought this piece of land where the old Hollander Ridge high rises were. Its rumored to become an office park or something.
I already knew that MTA was receiving these buses. I just wanted to know were he got the information on the delivery and fleet numbers.