DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: Annex4421 on February 17, 2010, 10:25:52 PM

Title: Ride-On's 1996 Orion Vs
Post by: Annex4421 on February 17, 2010, 10:25:52 PM
Does anybody know where they can be found I want to make a video on one for somebody. Thanks
Title: Re: Ride-On's 1996 Orion Vs
Post by: WayneNYC on February 17, 2010, 10:45:23 PM
They're at Gaithersburg garage and very easy to find on weekdays at the hotstops like Rockville, Shady Grove and Lakeforest.
Title: Re: Ride-On's 1996 Orion Vs
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on March 01, 2010, 02:54:47 PM
Try looking for them in rush hour. there might be some running on midday but it's less likely.
Title: Re: Ride-On's 1996 Orion Vs
Post by: RideOn5905 on April 01, 2010, 06:45:16 PM
Actually, they do run rampant midday, mostly at Lakeforest. What's really weird is that I haven't seen most of them in ages, while the few I do see, I see frequently. Here's a list of '96 Orion V's I've seen over the past month:
5554
5555
5563
5999
Other than that, the only ones I've seen since last September are 5553, 5557 and 5562; but as for the rest, it's been over a year since I've seen them. I don't know if they're being retired or what, and if they are, then why now?
Title: Re: Ride-On's 1996 Orion Vs
Post by: Flxible on April 01, 2010, 08:54:56 PM
Are the 1996 Orion Vs Ride On's oldest?  Also, is their lone Orion I (5529) still in service?
Title: Re: Ride-On's 1996 Orion Vs
Post by: Tritransit Area on April 01, 2010, 10:30:48 PM
Gosh, I didn't realize those buses are so hard to find.  I would rather them run on all of those Nicholson routes over the '96 Gillig Phantoms.
Title: Re: Ride-On's 1996 Orion Vs
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 01, 2010, 11:03:04 PM
Quote from: Flxible on April 01, 2010, 08:54:56 PM
Are the 1996 Orion Vs Ride On's oldest?  Also, is their lone Orion I (5529) still in service?

5529 is still in service, i posted in the April observations thread that I saw it going southbound on 270 at around Quince Orchard Rd.

As for the Orion Vs, I know that 5554, 5555, 5557, 5562, 5563, 5572-5578 are still in service. I also saw 5579 today, read more about that in the April Obs. thread
Title: Re: Ride-On's 1996 Orion Vs
Post by: Flxible on April 02, 2010, 03:46:29 PM
Thanks for the info.  Good to hear about 5529.  Going to look at your Ride On pics now...