DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: Antozilla on December 25, 2009, 09:27:34 AM

Title: Bus 9310
Post by: Antozilla on December 25, 2009, 09:27:34 AM
I could not resist as this has been a continuous issue.

1.  What is so special about this bus.  It is not like bus 2020 (the bus of vision)

2. Why is it at CET?

3. What is its plans for the future

4. Where did it come from before CET

5. Status updates when it leaves when it moves around CET etc

Title: Re: Bus 9310
Post by: Annex4421 on December 25, 2009, 11:37:59 AM
I don't mean to be rude but what is so special about 2020 its just like every other Orion VI ok i get it 2020 vision but face it its at Landover and it will probably stay or move somewhere else, FMR is CNG now so you probably won't see it unless it moves to West Ox or Royal, or if FMR goes back to diesel buses. As for 9310 its being used as a service bus. I can get pic of it if you want, once again I don't mean to be rude.
Title: Re: Bus 9310
Post by: Antozilla on December 25, 2009, 12:42:31 PM
Yes get a pic.  I want to see what a service bus is and what it does.

I actually have no strong interest in 9310 but someone does here and actually the story has now gotten more interesting re that bus

As for 2020 you are correct not much special about it except the number, but for that I like it, but this thread is not about that bus.

I note that all buses in a series are pretty much alike except when they are not and that is of interest. 
Title: Re: Bus 9310
Post by: WES on December 25, 2009, 01:19:37 PM
Well then you also have the MASH bus 4077.  For those who never watched the show, that was the name of hospital unit (I don't know exactly what it was) in Korea, or Vietnam (I never watched the show so exused my ignorance).

I have no idea why 9310 is so special, it might have been the first '90 Metro B to be rehabbed, either that  9304,or 9325, but other than that there is no real significance to it.  I understand if it was 9305 or 9349 with the D back, or 9357 with its original wrap arounds still attached, 9333 without the upper turn signals or even the "Franken" buses with its orange signs.
Title: Re: Bus 9310
Post by: Antozilla on December 25, 2009, 02:11:56 PM
Mobile Army Surgical Hospital
Title: Re: Bus 9310
Post by: Perry on December 25, 2009, 02:29:25 PM
I like 2171, my birth month, day and year...02/01/1971