Heard this AM on a 16 bus to the Pentagon. Said something about how professional drivers can prevent accidents.
The announcement you refer to is only *supposed* to kick on when the operator starts the bus, but sometimes the Clevers get "confused" and play it with passengers on board. I'm not sure if this is in addition to, or replaces, the seatbelt announcement. I've been hearing it for little over a month now.
And the new Q bus annoucment. But didnt we have a thread like this before?
Hmm... You know, SEPTA's announcement system may only announce one stop per mile, but I sure do appreciate the fact that they haven't riddled the system with all of these announcements like other systems have.
I also appreciate the separate "Stop Requested" sign on the buses too.
No offense, of course, but do all of these agencies really have to add all of that stuff?
Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 15, 2009, 08:57:26 PM
Hmm... You know, SEPTA's announcement system may only announce one stop per mile, but I sure do appreciate the fact that they haven't riddled the system with all of these announcements like other systems have.
I also appreciate the separate "Stop Requested" sign on the buses too.
No offense, of course, but do all of these agencies really have to add all of that stuff?
Depends. MTA has three announcements going off every 20 mins so it can be a pain hearing all that in one setting. For some systems, the extraneous announcements are either on a timer or in the P/R function. I know how to access them on Clever Devices.
This announcement is not new. I heard this on the C22 about 4 or 5 months ago. I think it says "Use your turn signals when changing lanes. Visual boarding systems can prevent incidents with other motorists and pedestrians."
That's a different announcement.
Quote from: Tristan on December 16, 2009, 11:40:22 AM
That's a different announcement.
He asked about the announcement that said something about preventing incidents. I just said this: "Use your turn signals when changing lanes. Visual boarding systems can
prevent incidents with other motorists and pedestrians."
Quote from: Tristan on December 15, 2009, 07:36:37 PM
The announcement you refer to is only *supposed* to kick on when the operator starts the bus, but sometimes the Clevers get "confused" and play it with passengers on board. I'm not sure if this is in addition to, or replaces, the seatbelt announcement. I've been hearing it for little over a month now.
I know that when there's a mid-route driver change, at least on the LFA's, the seatbelt announcement will play. Every "Buchanan bailout" I've had on the S's (and I'd assume the 50's) has had the seatbelt announcement play when the new driver takes their seat.
Quote from: LandoverDivision on December 16, 2009, 11:45:38 AM
Quote from: Tristan on December 16, 2009, 11:40:22 AM
That's a different announcement.
He asked about the announcement that said something about preventing incidents. I just said this: "Use your turn signals when changing lanes. Visual boarding systems can prevent incidents with other motorists and pedestrians."
He asked about preventing accidents but he also asked about professional drivers, and there is a newer announcement than the one you mentioned that says something like "Motorists might not be paying attention, but you, the professional bus operator, can prevent accidents and yaddayaddayadda" - I shouldn't even put it in quotes because I don't have it transcribed yet.
I'm just sayin
Heard another new one in English and Spanish about the new route changes starting 12/27/09
Quote from: Antozilla on December 22, 2009, 01:49:54 PM
Heard another new one in English and Spanish about the new route changes starting 12/27/09
Which division was said bus out of. I heard them on a couple Northern buses but nothing so far on anything from Montgomery or Bladensburg.
FMR it is a 16 going to Crystal City