DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 30, 2009, 11:52:21 PM

Title: request
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 30, 2009, 11:52:21 PM
does anyone have a pic or vid or sound clip of a WMATA 9600 before the repowering and when it was in the 2nd scheme? I never got the chance to see or hear their old selves.
Title: Re: request
Post by: Tritransit Area on December 01, 2009, 01:54:47 AM
There's a sound clip of the 9600s before repower on YouTube.  I'd send the link but the site is being maintained at the moment.
Title: Re: request
Post by: Annex4421 on December 01, 2009, 07:21:16 AM
Here ya go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emmYktq4wAU

And does anybody have a soundvid of the 5200s when they had the ZF's? I want to hear the sound of them before they get retired.
Title: Re: request
Post by: Tritransit Area on December 01, 2009, 08:24:57 AM
I would love to hear that as well!  I never rode them when they had the ZFs
Title: Re: request
Post by: rideonrulez on December 01, 2009, 08:30:04 AM
I do have a pic of a 9600 when they were brand new, but I'd have to scan it. I'll see what I can do.
Title: Re: request
Post by: OrionFlyer on December 01, 2009, 09:00:47 AM
Quote from: rideonrulez on December 01, 2009, 08:30:04 AM
I do have a pic of a 9600 when they were brand new, but I'd have to scan it. I'll see what I can do.

I'd love to see that pic. I wish I could have rode one of the 9600s. But they're all gone now.
Title: Re: request
Post by: Tritransit Area on December 01, 2009, 10:06:07 AM
Yeah, those 9600s really disappeared on me too.  Never got to have a last ride, but I'll have the memories :(.
Title: Re: request
Post by: WayneNYC on December 01, 2009, 09:05:55 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 01, 2009, 10:06:07 AM
Yeah, those 9600s really disappeared on me too.  Never got to have a last ride, but I'll have the memories :(.

That's one group of buses I was happy to see gone.  The 9600s were cool back when they had their original DD 6V-92TA/Allison HT powertrain.  After repowering, I avoided them like the plague.  In fact they were the only WMATA buses I disliked more than the 2100/2200 Orion Vs.