DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: OrionFlyer on November 21, 2009, 08:47:13 AM

Title: Articulated buses on the B30 this week because of Thanksgiving?
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 21, 2009, 08:47:13 AM
WMATA did this last year and I was wondering if it's going to happen again.
Title: Re: Articulated buses on the B30 this week because of Thanksgiving?
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 21, 2009, 02:57:56 PM
I know they did it for the Barack Obama Inauguration but I don't remember about the winter holidays. If they did it last year then chances are they'll do it again but I'm not 100% sure
Title: Re: Articulated buses on the B30 this week because of Thanksgiving?
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 24, 2009, 10:19:20 AM
Metro says there will be articulated buses on the B30 tomorrow. But which ones, I have no idea. Most likely the NABI BRTs. Anybody who goes by Landover today could you see if there are articulated buses there?
Title: Re: Articulated buses on the B30 this week because of Thanksgiving?
Post by: uncle_shawn on November 24, 2009, 10:33:17 AM
I'll stop by BWI and see what comes this way
Title: Re: Articulated buses on the B30 this week because of Thanksgiving?
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 11:24:32 AM
Confirmation as of today
http://wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=4152

Most likely, they'll be the NABI tics. I'm heading up to Greenbelt tomorrow afternoon to get some pics before I catch the train home. I'll probably be up there around midday when the peak will start to come.
Title: Re: Articulated buses on the B30 this week because of Thanksgiving?
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 26, 2009, 12:49:47 PM
are they still gonna be there for people returning home later this weekend?