DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 12:13:09 PM

Title: Silver Spring Station....update please!
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 12:13:09 PM
Did they start building the structure?  When will it be done?

I miss the old terminus, but understand this change had to be done and may benefit everyone!
Title: Re: Silver Spring Station....update please!
Post by: DCT S9Z4Z6 on November 19, 2009, 02:06:07 PM
I miss the old terminal that was once where the Silver Spring armory was.

Bounded by Pershing Dr, Fenton Street, and Wayne Ave.


I would have LOVED to have seen the OTHER Silver Spring Terminal (marked by DC Transit) as GA & ALASKA (actual location was Eastern Ave about 100yds west of Georgia & Eastern).
Title: Re: Silver Spring Station....update please!
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 19, 2009, 02:39:45 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 12:13:09 PM
Did they start building the structure?  When will it be done?
Not even close. Still doing the groundwork.

*looks at broken watch* half past a click of whenever.
Title: Re: Silver Spring Station....update please!
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 08:55:16 PM
Are you serious?!  it has been over a year now!  Well, I guess if you want it done right...
Title: Re: Silver Spring Station....update please!
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 19, 2009, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 08:55:16 PM
Are you serious?!  it has been over a year now!  Well, I guess if you want it done right...
To be honest, its been over 3 years.
Title: Re: Silver Spring Station....update please!
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 20, 2009, 08:58:08 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 19, 2009, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 08:55:16 PM
Are you serious?!  it has been over a year now!  Well, I guess if you want it done right...
To be honest, its been over 3 years.

...seriously? it seems like last year they started...
it's gotta be 2 years at the most since I remember seeing the 2800s and 61-6200s in the old station and they've been around since 2007.

anyways, Ken is right, they are still doing the ground work, and honestly that doesn't even seem to be done yet.
Title: Re: Silver Spring Station....update please!
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 20, 2009, 09:12:52 AM
The did the preliminary work in preparation for the construction just about 3 years ago, which basically was the start of the project.
Title: Re: Silver Spring Station....update please!
Post by: Scrabbleship on November 20, 2009, 09:15:22 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 20, 2009, 08:58:08 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 19, 2009, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 08:55:16 PM
Are you serious?!  it has been over a year now!  Well, I guess if you want it done right...
To be honest, its been over 3 years.

...seriously? it seems like last year they started...
it's gotta be 2 years at the most since I remember seeing the 2800s and 61-6200s in the old station and they've been around since 2007.

anyways, Ken is right, they are still doing the ground work, and honestly that doesn't even seem to be done yet.

The old bus terminal closed September 28, 2008. I would think Ken's "over 3 years" dates from when they originally were supposed to get started before the typical MoCo delays bogged it down.

I think that at this point the greater speculation would be if "Penguin Rush Hour" would be vandalized by angry Caps fans when/if it is ever reinstalled. ;)
Title: Re: Silver Spring Station....update please!
Post by: Tristan on November 20, 2009, 11:21:09 AM
This is going much better than Anacostia Light Rail, which had a sham groundbreaking either the week before or the week after NY Ave Station opened -- and NY Ave just celebrated its five-year anniversary.

End off topic commentary :-)