I won't use that joke too many more times, I promise...anywho, because of the Montgomery County traffic signal control system failure, Ride On buses are free today to encourage people to get out of their cars. FYI.
I got that message from Alert Montgomery this morning, but I don't quite understand it, specifics por favor??
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 05, 2009, 08:27:54 AM
I got that message from Alert Montgomery this morning, but I don't quite understand it, specifics por favor??
1: You go to a Ride On stop
2: You board a Ride on bus
3: A card saying "Free Route"/(the Spanish translation I can't remember) is on top of the farebox
4: You get on the bus and ride.
Kicker is that it's Ride On only. Helpful if you're upcounty or going down 355, not so helpful on Connecticut, Georgia, or 29.
Quote from: Tristan on November 05, 2009, 07:26:04 AM
I won't use that joke too many more times, I promise...anywho, because of the Montgomery County traffic signal control system failure, Ride On buses are free today to encourage people to get out of their cars. FYI.
That's okay. I call the system "Big R" now. However, whoohoo! Free rides on the 16! :)
Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 05, 2009, 09:22:46 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 05, 2009, 08:27:54 AM
I got that message from Alert Montgomery this morning, but I don't quite understand it, specifics por favor??
1: You go to a Ride On stop
2: You board a Ride on bus
3: A card saying "Free Route"/(the Spanish translation I can't remember) is on top of the farebox
4: You get on the bus and ride.
Kicker is that it's Ride On only. Helpful if you're upcounty or going down 355, not so helpful on Connecticut, Georgia, or 29.
o really i did not know about this process of riding a free bus ::)
no but what i was asking is specifically
why there are free rides today on Ride-On, like what is this traffic control signal they speak of?
Read carefully: like I said in my original post, it's the traffic signal control system that went down yesterday morning. The County has no way of remotely controlling traffic lights, so they are unsynchronized and just plain out of whack all across Montgomery. So, to encourage people to take transit instead of driving, they decided to make Ride On buses free today.
Free rides continue Friday, per Alert Montgomery (via Alert Alexandria :-)
Excuse the conspiracy theory here, but. . . .
Did anyone else notice that the Montgomery County Traffic computer failed at almost the same time as the WMATA computer at the Jackson Graham HQ ?
Strange coincidence, if you ask me.
Yes. . I know. . 2 unrelated systems. . but still. . makes ya go Hmmmmm.
Strange coincidences are not unprecedented - how about Federal Triangle and Air Florida, both on the 13th (January 1982)? Seems like transit/traffic disasters come in pairs around here.
Quote from: Tristan on November 05, 2009, 03:37:05 PM
Read carefully: like I said in my original post, it's the traffic signal control system that went down yesterday morning. The County has no way of remotely controlling traffic lights, so they are unsynchronized and just plain out of whack all across Montgomery. So, to encourage people to take transit instead of driving, they decided to make Ride On buses free today.
oh ok thanks for clearing that up, as u can see I may be slow sometimes lol