DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: Annex4421 on November 02, 2009, 04:55:47 PM

Title: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 02, 2009, 04:55:47 PM
Ok I'm going in for November
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/WMATAOrionV4230001.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/WMATAOrionVII2516003.jpg)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on November 02, 2009, 07:46:55 PM
Aight here are some pics i took today.
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2512.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2514.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2515.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2522.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2523.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2527.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2529.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2533.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2534.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2550.jpg)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on November 03, 2009, 10:19:37 AM
4259 is still @ West Ox (formerly Arlington).  4260 is now @ Northern.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 11:26:46 AM
Did you get my pics of Arlington Division? :-)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 03, 2009, 12:27:53 PM
The area where 2213 on the 96 is, is that McClean Gardens?
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 12:43:42 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 03, 2009, 12:27:53 PM
The area where 2213 on the 96 is, is that McClean Gardens?

That looks more like Stadium-Armory Station, given the multiple bays and the WWII-style homes -- I believe McLean Gardens is still an on-street layover next to the Giant on Wisconsin Ave.  There would be a brick wall to the right of the bus, a single bus shelter, and Wisconsin Ave traffic to the front :-)

A good "Guess Where" photo?
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Scrabbleship on November 03, 2009, 01:04:42 PM
Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 12:43:42 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 03, 2009, 12:27:53 PM
The area where 2213 on the 96 is, is that McClean Gardens?

That looks more like Stadium-Armory Station, given the multiple bays and the WWII-style homes -- I believe McLean Gardens is still an on-street layover next to the Giant on Wisconsin Ave.  There would be a brick wall to the right of the bus, a single bus shelter, and Wisconsin Ave traffic to the front :-)

A good "Guess Where" photo?

Isn't the McLean Gardens layover a bit more up Wisconsin towards Porter where the actual development is? I can swear I've seen a sign with the 30's, H4, 96, and X3 on it before and the Timewarp Giant whose death is long overdue is a bit south of there.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 01:14:02 PM
Giant still has a few stores left over that say 2009 inside but 1959 on the outside.

Anyway, addressing the point, you could very well be right -- I'm speaking from childhood memories of going to G.C. Murphy and then getting on the 96 that would be idling around the corner.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 03, 2009, 02:17:10 PM
The McLean Gardens terminal is on Newark Street NW between Idaho Ave and Wisconsin Ave. It's pretty visible from Wisc. Ave, and it's right behind that ancient Giant.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Scrabbleship on November 03, 2009, 02:42:13 PM
Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 01:14:02 PM
Giant still has a few stores left over that say 2009 inside but 1959 on the outside.

The Giant in question looks far more like 1989 (or even 1979) than 2009. Cleveland Park/McLean Gardens/Glover Park deserve better if it wasn't for the CPCA trying to be a banana republic that's anti-development which is also why there are so many vacant storefronts near the Metro.

Was there a time the 96 might have gone a bit more north? The Timewarp Giant is at the south end of McLean Gardens if at all near there since I know it goes up to Porter.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on November 03, 2009, 04:54:36 PM
Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 11:26:46 AM
Did you get my pics of Arlington Division? :-)
You mean the old DASH facility right? I dont know where that place is son lol.
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 03, 2009, 12:27:53 PM
The area where 2213 on the 96 is, is that McClean Gardens?
yeah i took that pic at Stadium Armory. I rode the 96 during rush hour and thats where it terminates during rush hour. Oh yeah good idea Tristan. Maybe we should be doing alot more "Guess Where" pics.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 03, 2009, 06:47:11 PM
Quote from: DE42LFA on November 03, 2009, 04:54:36 PM
Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 11:26:46 AM
Did you get my pics of Arlington Division? :-)
You mean the old DASH facility right? I dont know where that place is son lol.
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 03, 2009, 12:27:53 PM
The area where 2213 on the 96 is, is that McClean Gardens?
yeah i took that pic at Stadium Armory. I rode the 96 during rush hour and thats where it terminates during rush hour. Oh yeah good idea Tristan. Maybe we should be doing alot more "Guess Where" pics.

1. He meant Metro's Arlington Division. Also, DASH is in Alexandria (an independent city)
2. Some 96s terminate at Stad-Arm. Most of them go onto Cap Hts with Bburg covering the 97.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 03, 2009, 08:24:47 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 03, 2009, 02:42:13 PM
Was there a time the 96 might have gone a bit more north? The Timewarp Giant is at the south end of McLean Gardens if at all near there since I know it goes up to Porter.

I believe it was the 90, 92, and 93 that used to go to McLean Gardens instead of the 96, but that has switched around a couple of years ago (I don't even think the 93 went up there even before they moved, but the bus stop signs still said 93)

and I think Capital Heights is the main terminal for the 96, with some trips ending at Stadium Armory at rush hour.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 03, 2009, 09:38:22 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 03, 2009, 08:24:47 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 03, 2009, 02:42:13 PM
Was there a time the 96 might have gone a bit more north? The Timewarp Giant is at the south end of McLean Gardens if at all near there since I know it goes up to Porter.

I believe it was the 90, 92, and 93 that used to go to McLean Gardens instead of the 96, but that has switched around a couple of years ago (I don't even think the 93 went up there even before they moved, but the bus stop signs still said 93)

and I think Capital Heights is the main terminal for the 96, with some trips ending at Stadium Armory at rush hour.

The 90 and 92 used to go all the way to McLean Gdns with the 96 terminating at Ellington Bridge. The change came about in either late 06 or early 07 (I have to go to the archives and find the old timetables). Also, I think the 93 might have gone as far as McLean or just Ellington Bridge. That too, I have to go thru the archives and find the old timetable.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 03, 2009, 10:14:12 PM
ALL of the 90s used to terninate at McLean Gardens until December 2007 (I think) when the 90, 92, and 93 turned back at Duke Ellington Bridge.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on November 04, 2009, 09:49:36 AM
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301977.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301973.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301971.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301967.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301964.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301963.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300011.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300009.jpg)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 06, 2009, 06:35:35 PM
--MESSAGE BEGIN--
6 NOVEMBER 2009 18:29:00
Pics @ Silver Spring
(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwE1xUN0I/AAAAAAAABMA/nS8b1ZeCDHw/s800/DSCF2265.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwF7V0qJI/AAAAAAAABMI/xBNSiOqr6tg/s800/DSCF2267.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwH3yor4I/AAAAAAAABMQ/GG6E0vsDVIY/s800/DSCF2269.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwJGKjMOI/AAAAAAAABMU/0ma_5pYOFIM/s800/DSCF2271.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwKW2LOZI/AAAAAAAABMY/8qdH4F1Pzw4/s800/DSCF2272.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwLrdWarI/AAAAAAAABMc/ZC4LLMbDD-A/s800/DSCF2274.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwMruNZWI/AAAAAAAABMg/rFjaZh3uzSk/s800/DSCF2276.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwOwaUB6I/AAAAAAAABMo/blgKj2wkfEQ/s800/DSCF2282.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwP3S4Q_I/AAAAAAAABMs/NU7Af43No94/s800/DSCF2289.JPG)

What an idiot. (the car of course)
(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwRJf2gZI/AAAAAAAABMw/VXEgflDbA_A/s800/DSCF2290.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwSCFys5I/AAAAAAAABM0/zE2qSO4MwYc/s800/DSCF2291.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwW0k7A3I/AAAAAAAABNE/lVK05VnvhaE/s800/DSCF2300.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwa12ZfCI/AAAAAAAABNc/mz6hdK_3_ZY/s800/DSCF2328.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvSwbq5zwsI/AAAAAAAABN0/NLGc1_fT3vU/s800/DSCF2340.JPG)

--MESSAGE END--
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 08, 2009, 08:42:53 AM
7 November
(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHe6YkDdI/AAAAAAAABOY/FTinXTGORSE/s800/DSCF2343.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHg13DYLI/AAAAAAAABOg/7xaNakPJpHw/s800/DSCF2349.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHjJCgeTI/AAAAAAAABOo/c3sNw5zf0ug/s800/DSCF2352.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHkRrKc2I/AAAAAAAABOs/lgj0TupK36A/s800/DSCF2368.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHlDYmaWI/AAAAAAAABOw/e1GIrPe1JYc/s800/DSCF2390.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHncZzWYI/AAAAAAAABO4/y13wMzL8EbI/s800/DSCF2392.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHpOj3CSI/AAAAAAAABO8/lqufioyzVs8/s800/DSCF2394.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHqAp9U4I/AAAAAAAABPA/sSeLjb5Opno/s800/DSCF2396.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHreIbznI/AAAAAAAABPE/5VTn-Mb6z-0/s800/DSCF2399.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHsZvEewI/AAAAAAAABPI/xOK6e64IP2E/s800/DSCF2414.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHvGlySSI/AAAAAAAABPU/p8sqMkO70nQ/s800/DSCF2427.JPG)

(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHx-jDEZI/AAAAAAAABPc/xAJEIA31UWE/s800/DSCF2430.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbHzSeQ0XI/AAAAAAAABPg/F-3GqXx_Q_Y/s800/DSCF2431.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbH0AZDkrI/AAAAAAAABPk/5S7UaluOAF4/s800/DSCF2437.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbH12m1JfI/AAAAAAAABPo/gLzB36azgnc/s800/DSCF2378.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbH3ILlLiI/AAAAAAAABPs/jka8LOcfxsU/s800/DSCF2380.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbH4OpNvGI/AAAAAAAABPw/m3wKmppLTZ0/s800/DSCF2456.JPG)

as for this last picture, take a moment and really look at it to see the significance of it.
(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SvbH44xCyOI/AAAAAAAABP0/yaB3Q9BdQlk/s800/DSCF2515.JPG)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on November 09, 2009, 07:40:06 PM
Alright i wanted to test out my new 10.1 MP Cam today and i had a lil with my Kodak. First up is SONY!
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSC00041.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSC00048.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSC00040.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSC00056.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSC00058.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSC00060.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSC00066.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSC00070.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSC00064.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSC00069.jpg)
AND KODAK!
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2579.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/100_2581.jpg)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on November 09, 2009, 07:41:33 PM
Also does anybody think my pictures are to big?
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 09, 2009, 07:58:57 PM
Ok I'm going in....again

(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0341.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0342.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0343.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0345.jpg)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 09, 2009, 08:47:19 PM
Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 11:26:46 AM
Did you get my pics of Arlington Division? :-)
I can get you some pics when I go to class Wednesday if you want.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 10, 2009, 11:39:40 PM
A long day
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0356.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0357.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0367.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0372-1.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0369.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0368.jpg)

Wanted to try a night shot
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0377.jpg)

R.I.P. Arlington Division
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0361.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0362.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0363.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0364.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0365.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0366.jpg)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on November 12, 2009, 09:13:31 AM
Here are my photos from this week.

(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300107.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300102.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300088.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300089.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300099.jpg)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 12, 2009, 09:38:21 AM
Ok this is like the 7th time I've seen a West OX bus on the 38B with "AS" as the first two block characters. I'm beginning to think that West Ox does some runs on this route now. Hey Brandon, what were the other 2 digits, if you remember?
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 12, 2009, 12:44:50 PM
If West Ox was to permanently do some 38B runs, then the block number would most likely be AMxx
but yeah, it's a strange thing to see a West Ox bus on the 38B again...so far there was 4233, 4253, 4379 (before it moved to Landover), and now 4245. OrionFlyer, if this really is your 7th time seeing this, what were the other 3 buses?
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 12, 2009, 12:48:41 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 12, 2009, 12:44:50 PM
If West Ox was to permanently do some 38B runs, then the block number would most likely be AMxx
but yeah, it's a strange thing to see a West Ox bus on the 38B again...so far there was 4233, 4253, 4379 (before it moved to Landover), and now 4245. OrionFlyer, if this really is your 7th time seeing this, what were the other 3 buses?
That's not always the case. Remember, the blocks do interline. From the look of the block, ASxx might be the 18 line. From what I've been tracking on Nextbus, there are a few runs that do the express lines out of Pentagon and do the 1 or 2 line. This might be a block from the 18 that interlines with a 38B trip (maybe because FMR couldn't cover it).
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 12, 2009, 12:50:05 PM
You want to know something strange how about a few weeks ago and I forgot to mention it but I saw 2520 on the S2 with a NSxx on the block. Or how about in 2007 I saw a Bladensburg bus with an S block on the A6. Strange huh?
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 12, 2009, 02:37:59 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 12, 2009, 12:44:50 PM
If West Ox was to permanently do some 38B runs, then the block number would most likely be AMxx
but yeah, it's a strange thing to see a West Ox bus on the 38B again...so far there was 4233, 4253, 4379 (before it moved to Landover), and now 4245. OrionFlyer, if this really is your 7th time seeing this, what were the other 3 buses?

That day I was on 4379 I saw two other Orion Vs on the 38B going towards Ballston. I forgot the numbers, but they were definitely ASXX. 7 may have been an exaggeration, I just seen them a couple of times.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on November 12, 2009, 02:49:28 PM
2459 is the highest-numbered C40LF bus to be rehabbed & repainted thus far.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look worse in the new paint?
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 12, 2009, 09:27:06 PM
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look WORSE in the new paint?
It's just you. Hell, the newer seats inside at least gives the impression its cleaner than the other ones. Just look at MTS for comparison.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 12, 2009, 11:17:19 PM
Agreed the C40LFs look brand new in the new paint all the buses should get the new paint.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on November 13, 2009, 01:06:33 AM
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look worse in the new paint?

It is quite possible.  I'm not a fan of the new scheme, especially the red backs.  I think the blue version looks better on nearly every bus, and I'm still not a huge fan of that.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 13, 2009, 07:22:09 AM
The local scheme would look a little better if the red was darker.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Tristan on November 13, 2009, 10:11:45 AM
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look worse in the new paint?

Actually I think the silver front does age them quite a bit.  At first they looked like old design New Flyers, which aren't the most modern looking buses...now they look like someone's *really old* bus that they tried to make look new again by going to Maaco.

I think the new schemes would look a lot better if the arc down the side softened so that a red/white/blue band could run along the bottom and around the front of the bus - that would make the red or blue look like more than an afterthought and really help out the front end of the New Flyers.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 13, 2009, 12:43:51 PM
They should have gone with that other paint scheme concept, but I guess they thought it wouldn't look right. I think it would have looked a lot better. It would have worked for both LOCAL and EXPRESS.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 13, 2009, 12:45:29 PM
Quote from: Tristan on November 13, 2009, 10:11:45 AM
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look worse in the new paint?

Actually I think the silver front does age them quite a bit.  At first they looked like old design New Flyers, which aren't the most modern looking buses...now they look like someone's *really old* bus that they tried to make look new again by going to Maaco.

I think the new schemes would look a lot better if the arc down the side softened so that a red/white/blue band could run along the bottom and around the front of the bus - that would make the red or blue look like more than an afterthought and really help out the front end of the New Flyers.
Is it just the silver or just the dark shade that does it?
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Tristan on November 13, 2009, 12:51:28 PM
I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "dark shade" but I'm pretty sure the silver is causing what I'm perceiving.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 13, 2009, 01:31:02 PM
Quote from: Tristan on November 13, 2009, 12:51:28 PM
I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "dark shade" but I'm pretty sure the silver is causing what I'm perceiving.
I meant a darker shade of silver. Would a lighter shade of silver have been any better?
(http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/Bastranz/Phoenix%20Area%20Valley%20Metro/New%20Flyers/8516-SycamoreStreetLRTSta-8-13-09.jpg)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 13, 2009, 01:51:06 PM
Now that's a nice paint scheme right there that silver would go well with our buses.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 13, 2009, 08:57:01 PM
Crappy day
Worse weather
Friday the 13th
and some pics
(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/Sv4NVK-RTOI/AAAAAAAABRI/YUco0oX66dc/s800/DSCF2541.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/Sv4NWHw1PII/AAAAAAAABRM/Kjh6-B8kxno/s800/DSCF2543.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/Sv4NXKEVovI/AAAAAAAABRQ/UGsNSroGVA4/s800/DSCF2546.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/Sv4NaOJUWAI/AAAAAAAABRY/-9iIfuOrtqM/s800/DSCF2548.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/Sv4Nbd_LmvI/AAAAAAAABRg/_gtWoJHcB-4/s800/DSCF2549.JPG)

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/Sv4Ndj2LMJI/AAAAAAAABRo/dKWfTaHCqw4/s800/DSCF2552.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/Sv4Nhe_zqhI/AAAAAAAABR0/5RIPtPJoh4g/s800/DSCF2559.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/Sv4NiofB2bI/AAAAAAAABR4/nqhZIDt1I7E/s800/DSCF2591.JPG)

(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/Sv4NkgSB2UI/AAAAAAAABSA/jiAooEOXD_M/s800/DSCF2593.JPG)
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 14, 2009, 01:31:11 PM
Naylor Road Station
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0419.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0420.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0421.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0422.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0423.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0425.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0426.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0433.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0430.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0429.jpg)

11/12/09
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0390.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0391.jpg)

Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: BladensburgB2 on November 14, 2009, 02:44:04 PM
Hello everyone, has anyone taken pics of the new 5400's????????????????
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Tristan on November 15, 2009, 11:36:44 AM
They haven't really hit service yet.  I think in October Observations there's a sneak shot of one in training.  Unless you're talking about the 60BRTs...of which there are several photos here and there.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 15, 2009, 12:36:51 PM
Quote from: BladensburgB2 on November 14, 2009, 02:44:04 PM
Hello everyone, has anyone taken pics of the new 5400's????????????????

There is a video of 5440 on the Y8. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oketft6jpWc
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 15, 2009, 11:02:19 PM
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look worse in the new paint?

Hmm...they would probably look better without that black trim.  I still think they look good, but an LF New Flyer wasn't meant to wear a "swooshy" scheme I guess.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 15, 2009, 11:03:51 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 15, 2009, 12:36:51 PM
Quote from: BladensburgB2 on November 14, 2009, 02:44:04 PM
Hello everyone, has anyone taken pics of the new 5400's????????????????

There is a video of 5440 on the Y8. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oketft6jpWc

Nice video, but yuck @ the bus.  It has the same, boring, obnoxious drone that I absolutely can't stand with SEPTA's new DE40LFs.  I like the rear window (with the rear route sign mounted from the top, rather than the bottom), but meh with the rest.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 15, 2009, 11:07:41 PM
Not my picture; it's a WMATA photograph: http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/flu/Images/flu_sprayRail.jpg

1) They just spray "that stuff" wherever on the bus like that over all of the seats?

2) Is that a C40LF?  I don't remember those seats on ANY of them.  Are they really changing out the seats and whatnot?  Wow....if so...
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Tristan on November 16, 2009, 12:43:43 PM
Seems like a Silverbrid or DE40LF.

But yea...looks like...they just fog that crap all over everything and flu pandemic solved, I guess...
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: aznboy4305 on November 16, 2009, 07:04:24 PM
I think thats just a Silverbrid. If I recall correctly, the DE40LFs have the American Seating Metropolitan seats, but its been months since I've rode one. I want to say the C40LFRs have those seats but I'm not 100% sure. Again, its been months...
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:06:33 PM
Yeah the C40LFRs and DE40LFRs have these seats and in late 2005 4368 (when it was a southeastern bus) had these seats as a demo.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 16, 2009, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:06:33 PM
Yeah the C40LFRs and DE40LFRs have these seats and in late 2005 4368 (when it was a southeastern bus) had these seats as a demo.

wasn't 4368 a Montgomery bus? and does it still have those seats?
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:31:05 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 16, 2009, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:06:33 PM
Yeah the C40LFRs and DE40LFRs have these seats and in late 2005 4368 (when it was a southeastern bus) had these seats as a demo.

wasn't 4368 a Montgomery bus? and does it still have those seats?
It was it was at the Southeastern from 04 to 05 thats when I started reading but numbers but wasn't a fan yet and no it doesn't have those seats anymore.
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 16, 2009, 08:29:13 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:31:05 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 16, 2009, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:06:33 PM
Yeah the C40LFRs and DE40LFRs have these seats and in late 2005 4368 (when it was a southeastern bus) had these seats as a demo.

wasn't 4368 a Montgomery bus? and does it still have those seats?
It was it was at the Southeastern from 04 to 05 thats when I started reading but numbers but wasn't a fan yet and no it doesn't have those seats anymore.

hmm...that's odd, I know 4359-4375 were at Montgomery during that time, but it's odd to see one of them wandered off into SE, even if it's a demo for the seats. then again, SE had the Aesys on 2163-2165 and Annex had it on 4247, as well as the purple-white sign on 4212 but that was originally from FMR
Title: Re: November Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 08:37:44 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 16, 2009, 08:29:13 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:31:05 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 16, 2009, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:06:33 PM
Yeah the C40LFRs and DE40LFRs have these seats and in late 2005 4368 (when it was a southeastern bus) had these seats as a demo.

wasn't 4368 a Montgomery bus? and does it still have those seats?
It was it was at the Southeastern from 04 to 05 thats when I started reading but numbers but wasn't a fan yet and no it doesn't have those seats anymore.

hmm...that's odd, I know 4359-4375 were at Montgomery during that time, but it's odd to see one of them wandered off into SE, even if it's a demo for the seats. then again, SE had the Aesys on 2163-2165 and Annex had it on 4247, as well as the purple-white sign on 4212 but that was originally from FMR
Aww man so thats where 4374-4376 came from when they where at the Annex in 2006 before going to Royal. and yes the purple sign on 4212 and the aesys on 2163-2165 worked well but 2166's had nerver worked. 4247 was northern I remeber seeing that on the 70 when I worked on Geogian Avenue in the summer of 2006.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 16, 2009, 09:31:38 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 08:37:44 PM
Aww man so thats where 4374-4376 came from when they where at the Annex in 2006 before going to Royal. and yes the purple sign on 4212 and the aesys on 2163-2165 worked well but 2166's had nerver worked. 4247 was northern I remeber seeing that on the 70 when I worked on Geogian Avenue in the summer of 2006.

Montgomery had 4374-4375, Annex had 4376 and up, I'm pretty sure this is true, unless 4374-4375 moved to Annex for a bit...

also, 4247-4257 were originally from Annex but before moving to West Ox where they are now, they were at Northern for a month or so.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on November 17, 2009, 02:01:46 PM
And just for the record, 2164 & 2165 now have Luminator signs.

I mentioned last month in the October Observations thread to be on the lookout for the University of Maryland's Shuttle UM 35' Gillig Advantage buses (8005-9706) that have the new banner ads that read either one of the following:

* MORE TURTLE IN THE TANK
* RUN RABBIT RUN
* SHELL ON WHEELS

If you can take photos of these buses, please post them here.  I would appreciate it if you do.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 17, 2009, 11:06:30 PM
Speaking of seats, where do the 4300 series suburban Orion Vs that Montgomery has (had?) run?  I remember riding a suburban Orion V twice on the K6, and wonder what route it might have come off of, since it seemed to be the same run.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 17, 2009, 11:14:16 PM
4396-4398 runs from the Annex and 4399 runs from Royal.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 12:08:27 PM
Ah, thanks for the update.  What routes used to run those buses out of Montgomery.  I always saw New Flyers on the J-buses.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 19, 2009, 02:52:32 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 12:08:27 PM
Ah, thanks for the update.  What routes used to run those buses out of Montgomery.  I always saw New Flyers on the J-buses.

Montgomery's suburban seaters (or today's express LFA's) usually operated on the J7/J9, and I think some rush hour Z routes as well (Z11, Z29 I think, whatever other Z route (I don't know my Z's very well)).

I love how there's no photos on page 4...here's mine from Nov 6 and Nov 16 (in no order at all)

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2593b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2714a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4230b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9357a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2627b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb3761a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb3767a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6378a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6434a.jpg)
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 19, 2009, 05:27:10 PM
Is the K2 a Western or Northern route?
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 19, 2009, 05:46:47 PM
The K2 is Northern
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 20, 2009, 08:45:43 AM
the funny thing is that those 2 express LFAs were on both the K1 and K2, I really wasn't expecting that. and yes, K1 and K2 are Northern
btw the bus behind 6434 is 6428
...also, I noticed 9357 has wrap-around taillights, I forgot...was this a rarity on the Metro-Ds only or Metro-Bs as well?
and mwahahaha 666th post >=D
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on November 20, 2009, 10:36:11 AM
9357 on the E4?  Is that bus a Western bus or a Bladensburg bus?
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 20, 2009, 12:08:28 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 20, 2009, 08:45:43 AM
the funny thing is that those 2 express LFAs were on both the K1 and K2, I really wasn't expecting that. and yes, K1 and K2 are Northern
btw the bus behind 6434 is 6428
...also, I noticed 9357 has wrap-around taillights, I forgot...was this a rarity on the Metro-Ds only or Metro-Bs as well?
and mwahahaha 666th post >=D

Amazing that these routes (especially the K2) now use full sized buses.  I remember when the K2 was my source for Orion II rides!  The wrap-around taillights is a rarity on all Flxes currently running in WMATA service :(.  It looks great, though . I have missed the wrap around lights!
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on November 20, 2009, 01:43:11 PM
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSCN0146.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSCN0148.jpg)
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 20, 2009, 01:43:44 PM
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 20, 2009, 10:36:11 AM
9357 on the E4?  Is that bus a Western bus or a Bladensburg bus?
9357 is a Bladensburg bus
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WES on November 22, 2009, 06:02:16 PM
Question didn't someone mentioned that when the first DE62LFA came it was 5423 and if that was the case what does 5447 mean, if it was supposed to be 22 artics and if the Flyer artics was starting at 5423 that would make 5444 the last bus in the order.  Unless I remembered it wrong and it was 5433.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WES on November 22, 2009, 06:09:58 PM
Nevermind answered my own question, it was 5431 that came in first which means that 5447 makes sense.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Annex4421 on November 23, 2009, 05:31:05 PM
Some recent pics
Hmmm something's not right with 2091
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0506.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0523.jpg)

This was Unexpected
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0524.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0526.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0527.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0460.jpg)
Best things out here!!!
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0461.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0462.jpg%5B/IIMG%5D%3Cbr/%3E%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0464.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0447.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0448.jpg)
(http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/Lonnie_blaine_2116_b/GEDC0450.jpg)
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 11:18:58 AM
Snapped this just 15 mins ago.
(http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dDXF1-CglM8/SwwHMg5S9zI/AAAAAAAABdE/pvFvAgzSmaQ/s800/DSCF27771.JPG)
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 24, 2009, 11:28:25 AM
Very nice catch.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on November 24, 2009, 12:00:55 PM
An artic on the C8?  Would it be so hard to put the artics where they are needed or where operations intended for them to run?
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 03:15:22 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 24, 2009, 12:00:55 PM
An artic on the C8?  Would it be so hard to put the artics where they are needed or where operations intended for them to run?
It might interline into a Z8. I know an operator who has a Z8 on their second part and that line gets pretty packed.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Scrabbleship on November 24, 2009, 04:14:30 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 03:15:22 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 24, 2009, 12:00:55 PM
An artic on the C8?  Would it be so hard to put the artics where they are needed or where operations intended for them to run?
It might interline into a Z8. I know an operator who has a Z8 on their second part and that line gets pretty packed.

That deadhead between College Park and Briggs Cheney seems like quite a bit of a hike (Google has it at 9.3 miles). Then again, the deadheads those buses have getting to/from Montgomery is quite a bit to begin with.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 04:30:56 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 24, 2009, 04:14:30 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 03:15:22 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 24, 2009, 12:00:55 PM
An artic on the C8?  Would it be so hard to put the artics where they are needed or where operations intended for them to run?
It might interline into a Z8. I know an operator who has a Z8 on their second part and that line gets pretty packed.

That deadhead between College Park and Briggs Cheney seems like quite a bit of a hike (Google has it at 9.3 miles). Then again, the deadheads those buses have getting to/from Montgomery is quite a bit to begin with.
You ever thought about Montgomery to Silver Spring as a deadhead since most of the C8 trips terminate at Montgomery.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on November 24, 2009, 04:41:04 PM
5431,5448,5447 & 5443 at CET. Id expect more in service next week then by Dec all of em will be on the streets. One thing is the i wonder is that why they didn't come into service all at the same time like the 5400 NABI's.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Nabinut on November 24, 2009, 04:46:01 PM
I think with all the extras added in the Flyers while the NABIs were "off the shelf", it was easier to the earlier 5400s to be delivered
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 05:17:52 PM
Quote from: DE42LFA on November 24, 2009, 04:41:04 PM
5431,5448,5447 & 5443 at CET. Id expect more in service next week then by Dec all of em will be on the streets. One thing is the i wonder is that why they didn't come into service all at the same time like the 5400 NABI's.
Different build and delivery schedules.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 24, 2009, 05:58:52 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 24, 2009, 04:14:30 PM
Then again, the deadheads those buses have getting to/from Montgomery is quite a bit to begin with.

To and from Ft. Totten (K6) is a perfect example of that, same thing for Farragut Square (N Line). 

Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 06:02:15 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 24, 2009, 05:58:52 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 24, 2009, 04:14:30 PM
Then again, the deadheads those buses have getting to/from Montgomery is quite a bit to begin with.

To and from Ft. Totten (K6) is a perfect example of that, same thing for Farragut Square (N Line). 
Most of the time, the trips will start from White Oak and Friendship Heights to minimize deadhead times. I think in the evening, they'll deadhead to Potomac Park for the L1.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 24, 2009, 06:09:38 PM
I take back what I said about Ft Totten and Farragut Sq. I just checked the C2's schedule, it beats all of them. The first C2 leaves Greenbelt Center at 5:32 then the next one leaves at 5:47.  The C2 has the longest deadhead time from Montgomery.

According to Google Maps, from Marinelli rd & Citadel ave (Montgomery Division) to Crescent rd  & Gardenway (Roosevelt Center), still don't know why the signs still read Greenbelt Center, it's 16 miles.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 06:42:36 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 24, 2009, 06:09:38 PM
I take back what I said about Ft Totten and Farragut Sq. I just checked the C2's schedule, it beats all of them. The first C2 leaves Greenbelt Center at 5:32 then the next one leaves at 5:47.  The C2 has the longest deadhead time from Montgomery.

According to Google Maps, from Marinelli rd & Citadel ave (Montgomery Division) to Crescent rd  & Gardenway (Roosevelt Center), still don't know why the signs still read Greenbelt Center, it's 16 miles.
There's worse. Try Montgomery to South Laurel.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 25, 2009, 08:09:01 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 06:42:36 PM
There's worse. Try Montgomery to South Laurel.

damn...I just checked and that's about 22 miles

could that be the longest deadhead from Montgomery? Is there anything longer than the deadhead from Landover to BWI?
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on November 25, 2009, 08:13:11 AM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 24, 2009, 06:09:38 PM
I take back what I said about Ft Totten and Farragut Sq. I just checked the C2's schedule, it beats all of them. The first C2 leaves Greenbelt Center at 5:32 then the next one leaves at 5:47.  The C2 has the longest deadhead time from Montgomery.

According to Google Maps, from Marinelli rd & Citadel ave (Montgomery Division) to Crescent rd  & Gardenway (Roosevelt Center), still don't know why the signs still read Greenbelt Center, it's 16 miles.

Try the Ls and the Ns from MoDi to Downtown DC.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on November 25, 2009, 10:56:22 AM
Aight here are some pics from the last 2 weeks with my new Nikon Coolpix L20. Sorry for the delay my PC broke and im using a freinds computer.
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture006.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture008.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture011.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture014.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture015.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture019.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture016.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture020.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture021.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture023.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture028.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture030.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture032.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSCN0091.jpg)
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 25, 2009, 12:19:40 PM
Where did u take that pic of 4006? It's the first WMATA bus I EVER rode, I'm glad to see it's still around!
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on November 25, 2009, 03:15:53 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 25, 2009, 12:19:40 PM
Where did u take that pic of 4006? It's the first WMATA bus I EVER rode, I'm glad to see it's still around!
For real? Haha nice. I took t at Anacostia station.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on November 25, 2009, 03:23:33 PM
Ok im back with more photo's.
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture008-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture005.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture004.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/Picture002.jpg)
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on November 25, 2009, 06:43:10 PM
METROBUS:
5404 & 5408 still have their respective B blocks, meaning that they were both on loan from Bladensburg.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 25, 2009, 06:53:04 PM
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 25, 2009, 06:43:10 PM
METROBUS:
5404 & 5408 still have their respective B blocks, meaning that they were both on loan from Bladensburg.
*facepalm*
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 25, 2009, 09:47:30 PM
I was at BWI during the early morning hours, so I didn't see any. Oh, well. There's always Christmas. Since Christmas is the bigger holiday, the artics should be on the B30 during all parts of the day. What time of day was this?
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 25, 2009, 11:38:06 PM
According to the article in the forum, they are on "demand response".  Wednesday afternoon is when the real travel starts.  Try again on Sunday - you may see them running then!
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on November 26, 2009, 09:01:00 AM
Some pics from last week and this week. The sun was not my friend in some of these pics. Check out 6320. It had a right wheel cover though. Sorry about the sun's reflection in the 6455 picture.

(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300110.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300118.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300126-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300134-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300136.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300138-2.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300146-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300147.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300148-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300149.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300151.jpg)



Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 26, 2009, 07:08:46 PM
Hmm...why in the world is there a 37 footer on the S4?!  Is there any rhyme or reason to the 37 footer assignments?
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on November 26, 2009, 07:22:14 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 26, 2009, 07:08:46 PM
Hmm...why in the world is there a 37 footer on the S4?!  Is there any rhyme or reason to the 37 footer assignments?
Could have been pulled off an H8 to run a trip on the S4.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 27, 2009, 04:14:35 PM
took this about 30 minutes ago

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6454b.jpg)
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on November 27, 2009, 06:27:48 PM
IMO the green signs don't look too bad on the express buses, but probably wouldn't look right on the locals.
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 27, 2009, 06:31:45 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 27, 2009, 06:27:48 PM
IMO the green signs don't look too bad on the express buses, but probably wouldn't look right on the locals.

the signs on the express buses look great compared to the ones on 2802-2814
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on November 27, 2009, 08:21:13 PM
Some photos from Anacostia Station and Addison Road and others from today:

(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300199.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300198.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300197.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300192.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300191.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300190.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300189.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300186.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300185.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300184.jpg)
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on December 01, 2009, 02:27:16 AM
Metro Bs, Ds, and Es were just so easy to find down there this time.  I may attempt another visit to the area for a photo trip, and try to obtain as many pics as possible.  I need more daylight, though...

Here's a pic of 9491 pulling off, leaving me behind in frustration.  No worries, I later caught 3 different types of Metro Bs afterwards:

(http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/Bastranz/DC%20Area%20Transit/WMATA/Metrobus/Flxible/Metro%20B/WMATA9491-Colesville-GeorgiaAve-11-.jpg)

I also took a few pictures of Big R Gillig 5315 at one of the most important locations in my history of bus fanning.  This is Quebec Terrace, where I first started riding the Ride On bus system, and it's highly acclaimed route 16:

(http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/Bastranz/DC%20Area%20Transit/Ride%20On/Gillig%20Low%20Floors/RideOn5315-QuebecTerrace-Rutan-11-2.jpg)

I used to get off at that corner back in the days when Ride-On ran TMC CITYCRUISERS and the 1989 Gilligs were the newest buses on the road.  Man, how things have changed!

(http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/Bastranz/DC%20Area%20Transit/Ride%20On/Gillig%20Low%20Floors/RideOn5315back-QuebecTerrace-11-27-.jpg)

(http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/Bastranz/DC%20Area%20Transit/Ride%20On/Gillig%20Low%20Floors/RideOn5749-QuebecTerrace-11-27-09.jpg)

The last picture shows 5749 pulling away from my home stop.  I used this stop all of the time to go to Silver Spring, before it became "Silver Sprung".

It's amazing to see these operators navigate the 40 foot buses along routes designed for 30 footers.  Here are a couple more shots:

(http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/Bastranz/DC%20Area%20Transit/Ride%20On/Gillig%20Low%20Floors/RideOn5315-PineyBranch-Carroll-11-2.jpg)
(http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/Bastranz/DC%20Area%20Transit/Ride%20On/Gillig%20Low%20Floors/RideOn5309-crossingColesvilleRd-11-.jpg)
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on December 01, 2009, 12:24:32 PM
Took this saturday.
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSCN0250.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSCN0251.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSCN0252.jpg)
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: DCT S9Z4Z6 on December 01, 2009, 02:34:18 PM
Ahhh   Driving on the Q.T.

I had a run on Sunday Mornings, that did 3.5 R/T's on the 16, starting at Langley Park. 4-5 min layovers on each end, IF you were lucky.

Back in 89-90, there were 30 min headways on the 16, and early Sunday mornings, you wern't slowed down with the shoppers at Safeway & Kmart in Langley Park, or the grocery store at Piney & Arliss. . .  cause most the people in that neighborhoods were going to/from church.

The pic of 5749   looked to be mid block, almost to end of Q.T.  From the mid block stop, if ppl missed the bus, then could run thru the building & catch the bus at Carol & Piney Branch, before the light.

What I didnt like/care for. .  in the winter time, people would wait in the lobby of the individual apartment buildings & when they see the bus comming, run out & frantically wave & try to get ya to slow down. ("im sorry sir, ma'am. . .  I didnt know you were flagging me down, I thought you were flagging the taxicab behind me. Thats why we have whats called a "BUS STOP". We stop at BUS STOPS!)

Oh the stories I could tell about the 15, 16 & 20's.  ;D
Title: Re: November 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on December 01, 2009, 11:03:34 PM
Quote from: DCT S9Z4Z6 on December 01, 2009, 02:34:18 PM
Ahhh   Driving on the Q.T.

I had a run on Sunday Mornings, that did 3.5 R/T's on the 16, starting at Langley Park. 4-5 min layovers on each end, IF you were lucky.

Back in 89-90, there were 30 min headways on the 16, and early Sunday mornings, you wern't slowed down with the shoppers at Safeway & Kmart in Langley Park, or the grocery store at Piney & Arliss. . .  cause most the people in that neighborhoods were going to/from church.

The pic of 5749   looked to be mid block, almost to end of Q.T.  From the mid block stop, if ppl missed the bus, then could run thru the building & catch the bus at Carol & Piney Branch, before the light.

Oh the stories I could tell about the 15, 16 & 20's.  ;D

Oh boy, I miss that Kmart.  It was HUGE!

I actually used the method of running between Carroll and Q.T. to get the two shots of 5315.  Apparently there are two outside stairways that will take you up the hill.  I never thought to do that before.  Of course, the last time I actually walked those streets, rather than ride the bus on them, I was quite little.

Heh, Sunday morning I'd hop a TMC or '89 Gillig on the 16 to Silver Spring, then take a MAN or a Flx Metro on the 70 to church back in those days.

Ah the memories...too bad the area seems to be going downhill with the crime and such.