News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Snow

Started by Sand Box John, January 30, 2010, 07:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sand Box John

My back yard in Hebron Maryland as of 01 30 2010 18:55

John in the sand box of Maryland's eastern shore.

WMAveteran

Thanks for the weather report!  For once Gaithersburg (western/central Montgomery County) is not the record holder and I am not complaining.

Sand Box John

WMAveteran
Thanks for the weather report!  For once Gaithersburg (western/central Montgomery County) is not the record holder and I am not complaining.

Down the road a couple of miles south, some guy measured 9 1/2". I am glad this didn't happen yesterday morning.

Sand Box John

My back yard in Hebron Maryland 01 31 2010 08:51

Tritransit Area

wow you guys certainly got a good bit!  We only got an inch or so up here.  The amount of salt they dropped on the road, though, can last through the next snow fall, yeesh!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Scrabbleship

Someone I know in Williamsburg got over a foot. Heading a ways more south, the snow pretty much shut Charlotte (heck, most of North Carolina) down. This was a weird, bizarre, freak storm.

I was up in Boston freezing without a snowflake in sight, laughing at all the overreaction. The (near-)New Englander in me will never die.

Tritransit Area

It's funny when they say over the radio "the further you go south, the more snow you'll see!"
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

DCT S9Z4Z6

Well, I am so SOUTH of you good peeps, that the snow you all measure in inches & feet, some Floridians measure in grams & kilos.

The US Coast Guard imports all the snow for Florida.

Amother import for Florida we dont need.
Can't go wrong, with a classic ANYTHING!

Sand Box John

Tritransit Area
wow you guys certainly got a good bit!  We only got an inch or so up here.  The amount of salt they dropped on the road, though, can last through the next snow fall, yeesh!

Point south got a foot or more.

The SHA pretreated the roads on Thursday with their brine solution. The overall amount of salt used during the entire event was minimal. A hell of a lot of snow was pushed. The areas that have large amount of salt on then are strip mall parking lots.

When I see the over abundance of salt on these parking lots, I think of how many fries McDonald's would have to cook to put all that salt on.