News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Bus Bombing in Jerusalem

Started by WMATAGMOAGH, March 23, 2011, 10:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WMATAGMOAGH

I'm not usually one to post personal information on the message boards, but since I do know quite a few of the people in this community personally, if you heard about this afternoon's bus bombing in Jerusalem, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm OK.  I heard the explosion from my office (it would take me about 10 minutes to walk to where it happened from where I am now), can't really believe it.  There were sirens on police cars passing by non stop for nearly 30 minutes afterwards but now there is just quiet outside. They are saying 24 injured, including 3-4 serious injuries, the bomber may have not actually been on the bus but rather right next to it, but details are coming out slowly, much remains to be seen.  Here is a short article from HaAretz:  http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/explosion-at-bus-stop-in-central-jerusalem-25-reportedly-wounded-1.351377

WMATAGMOAGH

Here is a photo of the bus involved in today's bombing, taken back on Sunday morning:

From the photos I've seen, some windows were blown out.  I have no way of knowing how these things work, but I'd like to think the bus will be repaired and returned to service.  Nothing like showing the terrorists who think they can disrupt our lives and destroy our infrastructure and society that we will simply rebuild and move on.

WMAveteran

Thank you for the information.  Glad you are OK and my best wishes for a rapid recovery to the injured.

WMATAGMOAGH

On the day of the bus bombing in Jerusalem back in March, I wrote the following in a post with a photo of the bus that was bombed that I had taken three days earlier.  "From the photos I've seen, some windows were blown out. I have no way of knowing how these things work, but I'd like to think the bus will be repaired and returned to service. Nothing like showing the terrorists who think they can disrupt our lives and destroy our infrastructure and society that we will simply rebuild and move on."

I'm pleased to report that out of this tragedy, in which an innocent woman lost her life, there is a ray of light of sorts (appropriate for Chanukah).  I don't know when it happened, but the bus involved is back in service.  I took the photo of it that appears below tonight.  It is running out of the same Egged branch that it was in March, and on the same route that it was doing at the time of the bombing.  I stand by what I said back in May, there is nothing like showing the terrorists who think they can disrupt our lives and destroy our infrastructure and society that we will simply rebuild and move on.  I'm pleased to see this bus back in service and hope that some day, these sorts of incidents will not occur.