DCATZ is Changing... Here's what you should know

Started by Tristan, October 29, 2014, 12:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan

For years, I've been trying to launch DCATZ into a comprehensive community of transit enthusiasts.  I've been set back by personal life, professional life changes, technological hurdles, and more ... but I have a brief window of time now that makes this the best time to take the next step.

About a year ago, I approached Ralph Johnson, President of the DMV Mass Transit Museum (disclaimer: I'm VP) and asked if he was interested in combining efforts.  The question was raised to the organization's Board of Directors, which unanimously agreed to support DCATZ and making it an integral part of the Museum organization.

Luckily, I serve as webmaster of both entities, so making this happen wasn't exactly a Herculean effort, though it has been beset by some of the same challenges above.

Anyway, some time between now and January 1, you will visit this site, and it will look completely different.  It'll function somewhat differently, but in many ways, the same.  Your username and password will still work, but you might have to log in again.  This might take place as soon as this weekend or as late as December 31, I can't promise a specific date yet other than "soon".  I will endeavor to send out an email once I am ready to flip the switch,  but I'm posting this as fair warning in case I forget or am otherwise unable to do so. 

This will be the first step of many towards achieving the dream I set out on almost 10 years ago now.  There's more to come, but I don't want to over-promise right now.  So, we now resume our regularly scheduled programming...

Chargerdodge9

Awesome! Maybe this will bring back the membership to this site. For the last few years, it seemed like this site was on it's last legs. Perhaps this forum can be similar to NYCT forums. What kind of changes can we expect content wise?

rideonrulez

It's been a long time coming. Thank you for putting your time/effort/money to keep DCATZ alive.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"