News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

15,000 people...

Started by Scrabbleship, February 05, 2011, 09:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrabbleship

Have ridden the DC-Christianburg-Knoxville Megabus route in its first five weeks of operation (WDBJ). This even after a bizarre incident in Knoxville during the first week where the overnight bus to DC never arrived due to human error.

Megabus calls this one of the bigger successes of recent routes they've launched and are considering opening a "side-stop" in Roanoke proper later this year. Given the detour off of I-81 to get into Roanoke, it may work better as a terminal running Roanoke-Charlottesville-Richmond-DC or Roanoke-Harrisonburg-DC rather than a Knoxville-Christianburg-Roanoke-DC service.

Flxible

Quote from: Scrabbleship on February 05, 2011, 09:26:46 PM
Have ridden the DC-Christianburg-Knoxville Megabus route in its first five weeks of operation (WDBJ). This even after a bizarre incident in Knoxville during the first week where the overnight bus to DC never arrived due to human error.

Megabus calls this one of the bigger successes of recent routes they've launched and are considering opening a "side-stop" in Roanoke proper later this year. Given the detour off of I-81 to get into Roanoke, it may work better as a terminal running Roanoke-Charlottesville-Richmond-DC or Roanoke-Harrisonburg-DC rather than a Knoxville-Christianburg-Roanoke-DC service.

That would be helpful, given my perpetually busy schedule.  As it stands, we will have to drive to the Christiansburg Park and Ride so that we can get back to our daily lives on Monday morning as there is no Smart Way connector service on Sunday.  I heard talk that a Nextbus stop will be placed at the Troutville Park and Ride off Exit 150 (just a few miles north of Roanoke); unfortunately, there is zero transit coverage at that particular location, which makes me wonder how it will even function as a logical stop in the first place.
Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.

Flxible

It's good to see that KAT is working with Megabus on a stop location.  It's also good to see that apparently they run until around 11PM, as that is when their transit center closes.
Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.

Flxible

I just went to their site to book two tickets for my upcoming trip (weekend of Oct. 22nd), and they wanted $42 for each way.  This is a good 40 days in advance of my planned departure, and they really want that much?  Just a few months ago, I was able to book them for $18 round trip within 33 days of our trip.  What gives?