News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

MTA Maryland to get DE60LF's

Started by Annex4421, June 02, 2010, 04:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annex4421

I just got word from a friend of mine that MTA Maryland is reciving 12 DE60LFs from New Flyer that were originally CTA's but CTA couldnt afford them so NFI gave them to MTA Marylad I'll be sure to post more info when I get more.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on June 02, 2010, 04:44:05 PM
I just got word from a friend of mine that MTA Maryland is reciving 12 DE60LFs from New Flyer that were originally CTA's but CTA couldnt afford them so NFI gave them to MTA Marylad I'll be sure to post more info when I get more.
Hmm. Interesting. I thought CTA's recent order were paid with stimulus funds. This would make 42 tics on the fleet.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Annex4421

Ok so it's comfirmed and set delivery is expected to be done by the end of the summer and they will be numbered 09101-09112.

Scrabbleship

Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on June 17, 2010, 04:05:46 PM
Ok so it's comfirmed and set delivery is expected to be done by the end of the summer and they will be numbered 09101-09112.

Why would you number 2010 buses in the 09XXX scheme? Wouldn't 10XX have made more sense?

rideonrulez

There not "originally CTA's" buses, there taking the "slots" in the production line that would have been the CTA order.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Scrabbleship on June 17, 2010, 04:31:10 PM

Why would you number 2010 buses in the 09XXX scheme? Wouldn't 10XX have made more sense?
The original order was probably put in 2009. Our 0200s didn't come in until 2003 and our 2000 NABIs didn't come in until 2001.

Nabinut

Quote from: Scrabbleship on June 17, 2010, 04:31:10 PM

The 1000 series is already taken with the delivery of more New Flyers in addition to the artics

WayneNYC

Quote from: rideonrulez on June 17, 2010, 10:52:42 PM

There not "originally CTA's" buses, there taking the "slots" in the production line that would have been the CTA order.

That's what I was thinking too.  Sort of like the "WMATA rejects" that went to the NYCDOT PBLs back in the day.

OrionFlyer

Where did you get this information from?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.

Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

mrpete

MTA Administrator Wells confirmed the deal with NFI last month. Characterized as a "steal" the MTA will acquire the artics for the price of 40' hybrids. No time frame yet on delivery.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/traffic/2010/06/mta_chief_outlines_priorities.html#more

79MetroExtraMD

I think in the near future MTA might have to pursue plans for a new garage. A few years ago, there was rumor that Eastern was going to be moved out to White Marsh. There was another prime piece of land (to this day still has no development on despite the high rises being razed over 10 years ago) that would have been suitable but a developer bought this piece of land where the old Hollander Ridge high rises were. Its rumored to become an office park or something.

OrionFlyer

I already knew that MTA was receiving these buses. I just wanted to know were he got the information on the delivery and fleet numbers.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.

Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.