07/09/2009: DCATZ Chat Room [We should be in business now!]

Started by Tristan, July 09, 2009, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan

You spoke, we listened...but kinda got bogged down with other stuff and didn't have time to find a good solution.  Then I got some time and did an upgrade to the board software, which made it incompatible with some solutions.  Then the developers caught up, and today we have DCATZ Chat!

Just click on the "Chat" link in the top menu or go to http://forums.dctransit.info/chat. The number next to the link in the menu shows how many people are in the room at any given time.  One thing - right now, your board username doesn't seem to be porting over, so if you don't want to be identified with a random number, click "Change Username" or just type " /nick -Desired Username- " without the quotes or dashes ... example, I would type: /nick Tristan
then press enter like I'm sending a message.

Any problems or comments, as usual, post them here!

WMAveteran

Excellent!  Thank you very much.

Tristan

Turns out that usernames...did sort of carry over.  If you're prompted for a username and password, use your board login information.

C40LF_2464

When i try to log in this comes up.

"You can't access the chat."

WMAveteran

Yes, I received the same message that I could not access the chat.

Tristan

Thanks DE40LFR, WMAveteran, and 79MetroExtraMD (Separately) for letting me know of the issue.  Turns out the chat app added its own permissions settings, which were not by default set to allow people to use it.  Administrators automatically have all possible permissions, so this problem was invisible to me until I got a hunch to check into it......which I have, and we should be in business now.  Try it out and let me know!

WMAveteran

Tristan: thank you.  I will let you know what happens.