News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Greetings to All

Started by DCT S9Z4Z6, July 06, 2009, 01:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCT S9Z4Z6

Im glad to have FINALLY be able to log onto this site.
The captchiva kept giving me blank responses.
This evening, it finally gave up a series of letters I could copy & register with.

As a new member here, I will sit back, post from time to time, and share my knowledge of the regions buses & their births after the WMATA takeover in 1973. My Uncles (several) were DCT drivers, before METRO. I also had several operators, who were like step-fathers to me. Others were like older brothers.

Now if I can only find some DCT classic bus, or DCT trolley pictures.
Can't go wrong, with a classic ANYTHING!

Tristan

That was a bug I didn't even know about until I tried to fix something else....sorry to leep you waiting!

I'm working with some people to get some old photos up here, so ... keep checking with us.  Welcome to the site, and if you experience any further technical problems...feel free to let me know.

WMAveteran

DCT Groupie:  welcome to DCATZ.  I think the best source for DCT streetcar information is "100 Years of Capital Traction The Story of Streetcars in the Nations Capital."  It was last printed in 1989 and distributed by the National Capital Trolley Museum in Montgomery County.  I understand it may be out of print at this time but you could check with the Trolley Museum.  I have a copy of the book in my library.

DCT S9Z4Z6

Quote from: WMAveteran on July 10, 2009, 01:48:41 AM
DCT Groupie:  welcome to DCATZ.  I think the best source for DCT streetcar information is "100 Years of Capital Traction The Story of Streetcars in the Nations Capital."  It was last printed in 1989 and distributed by the National Capital Trolley Museum in Montgomery County.  I understand it may be out of print at this time but you could check with the Trolley Museum.  I have a copy of the book in my library.

Its also available at Amazon.com for like $65.00
And the Trolley Museum is closed till the summertime. I might be in town in September. .  hopefully it will be re-opened by then.

I used to do my layovers on the #26 there on Saturdays, before the route was extended to Glenmont Metro. So yes, I knew about that book. But thanks. :-)
Can't go wrong, with a classic ANYTHING!