News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

8700 series Flxible found in Cheverly

Started by LandoverDivision, December 09, 2008, 01:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandoverDivision

Yep spotted an unknown 8700 series Flxible in Cheverly about a week ago. When I get a picture of it, I'll post it here.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: landoverdivision on December 09, 2008, 01:57:41 PM
Yep spotted an unknown 8700 series Flxible in Cheverly about a week ago. When I get a picture of it, I'll post it here.

"When you get a picture of it"

...does this mean that it's gonna stay there or keep coming back or did you already get a picture?
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

LandoverDivision

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on December 13, 2008, 10:27:24 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on December 09, 2008, 01:57:41 PM

"When you get a picture of it"

...does this mean that it's gonna stay there or keep coming back or did you already get a picture?

I HAD a pic of it but unfortunatly, I accidently deleted all of the pictures out of my camera. Luckily, I'm down the street from where it currently is, so I'll get another pic.

Tristan

See if you can find out about ownership as well, or give us an idea of where it is located.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: Tristan on December 15, 2008, 08:39:09 PM
See if you can find out about ownership as well, or give us an idea of where it is located.

Up the street from Cheverly Station. I'll see if I can get a pic of it this week. I don't know if there is an owner or not but I'll see.

LandoverDivision

rideonrulez

Brandon, Thanks for the pic. Well it looks like there actually taking care of it because of the brand new rims on that bus. It might look rough now BUT my guess is that there prepping it for a paint job.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

WayneNYC

Quote from: rideonrulez on October 15, 2009, 10:59:07 PM
Brandon, Thanks for the pic. Well it looks like there actually taking care of it because of the brand new rims on that bus. It might look rough now BUT my guess is that there prepping it for a paint job.

Agreed!  The body looks pretty good and sanded.  Definitely looks as they're planning to paint it.

DCT S9Z4Z6

Is it me, or does appear to be 2 different bus numbers?

There are the numbers in black, but in looking at the sanding work, there seems to be a different set of numbers.

46 are the numbers in black, but looking at the sanding work, it seems that
65 are the old numbers that were sanded.
Can't go wrong, with a classic ANYTHING!

WayneNYC

Quote from: DCT S9Z4Z6 on October 16, 2009, 11:31:26 AM
Is it me, or does appear to be 2 different bus numbers?

There are the numbers in black, but in looking at the sanding work, there seems to be a different set of numbers.

46 are the numbers in black, but looking at the sanding work, it seems that
65 are the old numbers that were sanded.

Could be.  Perhaps that panel may have been replaced with one from another bus.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: rideonrulez on October 15, 2009, 10:59:07 PM

Thanks and you could be absolutley right. I'll definitly be there if and when they do. But it look like it's sitting kinda in a junkyard with some old MCI buses. My AFJROTC teacher owns a bus company near there called Eidson's Tours. Maybe he knows something abou 8746. I'll try to get in contact with him.