News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

The Lighter Side of Life

Started by WES, November 23, 2008, 11:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WES

A proposed humor topic that would focus on funny stories, funny news events and other humorous items, that in this time of gloomy stories and news we can look at and at least have a good laugh.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

79MetroExtraMD

Let's do a top ten of the week. Something similar to Letterman.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tristan

Tristan

Quote from: WES on November 23, 2008, 11:37:00 AM
A proposed humor topic that would focus on funny stories, funny news events and other humorous items, that in this time of gloomy stories and news we can look at and at least have a good laugh.

Is this something for The Blender or is it bigger than that?

WES

The Blender could be for like news stories or other off topic issues, the Lighter side of life would just focus on the humorous side, a get away area for those who are having a tough day(when you have to deal with stupid customers). 

You can have various top ten lists, like

The Top Ten Other Vehicles That The Bus Has Used In Revenue Service. 

I would also include news stories that are so funny that it is hard to believe that this stuff happens (stupid criminals, the woman who tried to set fire to a rat to kill it only to have it burn down the house).

I mean could post humorous stuff in the Blender but might it have water down the Blender?
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

Tristan

WMATAGMOAGH

I think it would be fine as part of the blender.  I see the blender being the equivlent of OTChat for those of us who also post/lurk there, except far less contentious and controversial.  I'm not so sure it is necessary to have different boards or subboards within the off topic section of DCATZ.