News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Ebola Doctor takes MTA NYCT subway!

Started by Chargerdodge9, October 25, 2014, 11:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerdodge9

Just read that this guy had apparently jogged, went Bowling, and rode the A train (supposedly) a day before he was confirmed to have Ebola. This is just sick. This proves that there is a criminal cover-up by the federal government that is allowing these people from these sick countries to fly here. I really don't know how the MTA is going to respond to this (if at all). NYCT currently has more the 6000 subway cars in service. If I were them, I'd start pulling R46s and R32s from service (the cars that currently run on the A).

WayneNYC

So... Many who ride NYC subway tend to make at least one transfer during their trip.  What's your suggestion to determine if this person had ridden another line?  Also... If this person infected other riders... How would one locate other riders, and determine where they may have ridden?  Does that mean shutting down the entire subway system, and maybe even the bus network?  Why stop with Ebola...  What about people who may have contracted something like Meningitis which can be highly contagious? 

I'm not even going to get into your conspiracy theory.

Chargerdodge9

Quote from: WayneNYC on October 28, 2014, 07:49:31 PM
So... Many who ride NYC subway tend to make at least one transfer during their trip.  What's your suggestion to determine if this person had ridden another line?  Also... If this person infected other riders... How would one locate other riders, and determine where they may have ridden?  Does that mean shutting down the entire subway system, and maybe even the bus network?  Why stop with Ebola...  What about people who may have contracted something like Meningitis which can be highly contagious? 

I'm not even going to get into your conspiracy theory.
It's not a conspiracy theory. But you got to admit that something is seriously wrong here. Why is the president and the CDC not stopping flights from Africa? Everyone else but the U.S. and Spain has, and it's spreading over there too. Did you know that Ebola has a 70% dead rate in western nations and over 90% in places like Africa? This disease is no joke and would mean disaster for the NY metro area in left unchecked (although it may be too late now). They also say that it's Airborne in temps colder than 45 dergees F, but I guess we won't know for sure until next month or so. The MTA can at least treat every last R32 (only 222 of them left in service) and R46 (752 units remain) on site.

WayneNYC

In regards to the R46, and remaining R32 fleet... If the TA decided to disinfect them based upon this guy... While most of the remaining R32s are assigned to Pitkin... nearly half of the R46s are still assigned to Jamaica shops.

There are a lot of theories floating around.  I don't pretend to have the right answer, but I'd think to stop all flights from Africa (remember, that's a huge continent) is absolutely no guarantee of anything.  In fact... My understanding is that Duncan's travel itinerary took him through Brussels where he boarded United flight into the US.

Chargerdodge9

Quote from: WayneNYC on October 29, 2014, 12:53:39 PM
In regards to the R46, and remaining R32 fleet... If the TA decided to disinfect them based upon this guy... While most of the remaining R32s are assigned to Pitkin... nearly half of the R46s are still assigned to Jamaica shops.

There are a lot of theories floating around.  I don't pretend to have the right answer, but I'd think to stop all flights from Africa (remember, that's a huge continent) is absolutely no guarantee of anything.  In fact... My understanding is that Duncan's travel itinerary took him through Brussels where he boarded United flight into the US.
You know what, you make an excellent point with that. I had totally forgotten about that detail. But the least they can do is shutdown access from confirmed countries.

WayneNYC

Quote from: Chargerdodge9 on October 29, 2014, 05:51:35 PM
Quote from: WayneNYC on October 29, 2014, 12:53:39 PM

You know what, you make an excellent point with that. I had totally forgotten about that detail. But the least they can do is shutdown access from confirmed countries.

I don't know how true this is, but I read from someone on a NYC-based site that they're no direct flights from those areas into the U.S.

Chargerdodge9

Oh, I doubt that. These are all East Coast airports. I would find that hard to believe to be honest.