Cool new wrap on coaches used for MTA Route 201 service!

Started by WMAveteran, May 09, 2013, 09:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WMAveteran

Starting tomorrow the MTA 201 service will have a new look.  Buses will be wrapped with a really slick BWI themed livery.  Montgomery County to BWI and Arundel Mills just $5!Starting tomorrow the MTA 201 service will have a new look.  Buses will be wrapped with a really slick BWI themed livery.  Montgomery County to BWI and Arundel Mills just $5!

I only wish they had added something to represent AMKTRAK at the BWI Station.

Chargerdodge9

Question, how many MCIs does Bmore MTA have anyway?

WMAveteran

It is difficult to count the MCIs MTA owns because most of the coaches are used, stored and serviced by the contractors who operate the commuter bus services (Eyre, Dillon's, Atlantic Coast Charters, etc.)

Chargerdodge9

NewFlyer9736BCT

The ones that are actually branded in the MTA Maryland livery are numbered 119C to 186C. However, since most of the routes are operated by contractors, you often see non-MTA branded coaches on the commuter routes (for example, the 991 is operated by Eyre, when I go to Shady Grove during pm rush, I often see Eyre and MTA buses on the 991).

About the wrap: looks nice, it's too bad I never got shots of the old one, but I'll keep a lookout for the new wraps when I go to Shady Grove
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WMAveteran

Photo of MCI D4500 coach 172C in new Route 201 wrap at the Gaithersburg P&R in May 2013.