0 (0%)
I don't believe in the political process
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

NewFlyer9736BCT

Maybe we could have a separate forum for photos? just a suggestion
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Tristan

Let's see what everyone thinks.  I ran into a software glitch with the photo gallery software I implemented that has been fixed, so once I update it, there will be more opportunities to post photos...that said, would you still want a forum to post whatever shots you've taken for the day?

LandoverDivision

Good idea. I can get some photos too. A lot of them. I'm for it!!
The REAL Landover Division fan!

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Tristan on October 08, 2008, 03:27:39 PM
Let's see what everyone thinks.  I ran into a software glitch with the photo gallery software I implemented that has been fixed, so once I update it, there will be more opportunities to post photos...that said, would you still want a forum to post whatever shots you've taken for the day?
sure. i got my site but sometimes i wanna show them here before posting them on my site or some photos that i dont really want to put on my site

Tristan

What I'm asking, though, is if you are okay with using the gallery software that I already have in place and will be updating, or would you still want a separate forum for it?  I'm not sure what good a separate forum would do, but if that's what the people want...

What are the pros and cons of the forum vs. pre-existing gallery software?

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Tristan on October 09, 2008, 08:04:53 PM
What I'm asking, though, is if you are okay with using the gallery software that I already have in place and will be updating, or would you still want a separate forum for it?  I'm not sure what good a separate forum would do, but if that's what the people want...

What are the pros and cons of the forum vs. pre-existing gallery software?
I don't mind keeping the current one, but I can't find it on this site unless i only type in dctransit.info on the url, plus there's no option to upload photos (I'm guessing the update will fix that)

Having a separate forum...it's not a bad idea either, but personally i'd prefer the current one (it's pretty organized)

Tristan

Yea the current one...will get a lot better...I promise :-)  And very soon.

I'd like to integrate the message boards into the rest of the site, but that probably won't happen until this software is out of beta.  I took a crack at adapting it and screwed stuff up (thank god for backups), only to find that the next update changed a lot of stuff around.

Maybe an IFRAME will have to suffice.