News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

1961 Flxible New Look Prototype Sketch

Started by Flxible, November 15, 2010, 09:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flxible

Apparently this is what the Flx New Look prototype (or artist's conception) looked like when Flxible introduced the New Look back in 1961.  Overall the bus looks more GM-like than the final product.  The headlight area is WEIRD....looks a lot like the AMC Pacer to me.  Enjoy.

Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.

Perry

Nice find!! I love looking at prototypes of buses and to see what they eventually ended up looking like.  I've seen old photos of what the RTS and Grumman 870's were originally thought of and the end product was fairly close.

Flxible

Perry, I'd say the RTS came out the most true to form as far as prototype goes.  I'm very thankful the 870/Flx Metro didn't look much like its initial prototypes- the first one was a hideous, eight-wheeled monster, and the second looked like an overgrown bread truck.  The one after that looked better, yet strange- it basically looked like an Orion I with Grumman 870 side windows.  The final design was beautiful, as we all know. :)
Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.