News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

If Flxible was still in buisness...

Started by C40LF_2464, November 07, 2009, 09:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C40LF_2464

If Flxible was still in buisness, would WMATA still buy from them?What do you think? I think WMATA would still buy from Flxible because from our last order of them we got alot of Flx's and those buses ran for many years in very good shape, and look now we got some Flxible's running for 10+ years.

Annex4421

If Flxible was still in bussiness we'd have Metro I's or something lol maybe we wouldnt be posessed wit Flyers.

Flxible

Absolutely!  I'm not even sure New Flyer et al would even still be on the map...especially if they had come out with the low-floor Metro they made a prototype for. :)
Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.

novabusorionfan

Quote from: Flxible on November 09, 2009, 08:41:53 PM
Absolutely!  I'm not even sure New Flyer et al would even still be on the map...especially if they had come out with the low-floor Metro they made a prototype for. :)
They did  developed a low floor version of Flixble Metro and it would be named as Metro "F", but it never went in production because there were about to go out of buiness in 1996.

I wonder how the Flixble Metro F looked liked as in LF version of Flixble metro.

Flxible

I was aware of this prototype, yet I have never seen photos of it.  Does anyone have a pic source for this?

From what I have heard from a fellow busfan (not 100% sure who, but I think it was Trevor Logan who told me this), the Metro LF prototype looked very much like the regular Metro except that it had a low floor.  I'm sure it would have been a market staple as long as it were designed to be structurally sound.
Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.

Chargerdodge9

Chargerdodge9

They still have the blueprints and the rights to the Flexible Metro.