News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

March 2014 Observations

Started by Chargerdodge9, March 01, 2014, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerdodge9

Feel free to add anything of interest here.

Chargerdodge9

Spotted 2 WMATA NABI BRT 60 CNGs and a FFX New Flyer D35LFR at Cummins station in Mananas.

Chargerdodge9

Also from yesterday, spotted FFX XD40 Xcelsior  #7720 being towed back to (presumably) West Ox in Centreville.

Chargerdodge9

From Yesterday:
PRTC 276 Fuller Heights line
PRC 190 F/S Metro
WMATA 2701 25A
WMATA 2709 10B
DASH 208 AT2 (Finally rode a new 2013 Gillig Advantage hybrid! These newer Dash hybrids have voice announcements similar to WMATA).
PRTC 190 F/S Metro
PRTC 275 Fuller Heights line.

Chargerdodge9

While on the 25A yesterday, I also spotted a former FFX 1994 TMC RTS parked in Alexandria's west end! I could not get the number however since it was far away. Could it be the bus that the DMV transit museum own?

Chargerdodge9

One more thing from yesterday (and possible today as well), the Blue line had some major track work done between Van Dorn Street station and the Springfield station. Every other Blue line train terminated at Van Dorn street due to all the Work Trains on the right-hand track. Wished they just used shuttle buses instead.

Chargerdodge9

From Yesterday:
PRTC 279 Fuller Heights line
PRTC 192 F/S Metro
WMATA 2713 10B
WMATA 2606 25A
PRTC 191 F/S Metro
PRTC 270 Fuller Heights line.

Chargerdodge9

Also noticed that two Hunts Point bound 10B buses came almost back to back. I believe they were #2586 and #2564 about two minutes apart. That's kinda rare for Virginia Metrobuses to bunch.

Chargerdodge9

In addition, I saw about 5 ARTranist buses parked in a lot near Van Dorn. 4 2011 Chevy cutaway CNGs and 1 2012 Designline CNG hybrid. Lastly, that ex-FFX 1994 TMC RTS I reported last weekend in Alexandria is no longer there.

RideOn5905

I noticed two things the other night in the White Flint area (dinner w/ family at P.F. Chang's):

I saw a bunch of Ride-On's old Champion cutaways parked in a lot on Nicholson Ln. between a strip mall and a high-rise apartment complex; one of them was in the VanGo scheme.

After we parked at the big, mostly empty building where White Flint Mall used to be (I believe the only tenants besides Chang's that are still open are Lord & Taylor and Dave & Buster's; in fact, Bloomingdale's has already been torn down), I saw 5728 on the 5. Since I also saw 5727 online at Brookville Garage a few days ago, I think the earlier Gilligs (5726 and company; the ones that don't have shiny wheels) are migrating back to Silver Spring.

Chargerdodge9

Does Ride-on Still have their 1999 Gillig Phantoms or are they retired now? And what's the status of the former WMATA Orion Vs?

ir0cq09

spotted ride on CNG gillig 5840 on the 59 Rockville at shady grove this morning

Chargerdodge9

Wait, Ride-On has CNG Gilligs now?

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Chargerdodge9 on March 27, 2014, 03:54:34 PM
Wait, Ride-On has CNG Gilligs now?
Yup, numbered 5837 and up. They may or may not replace the '99 CNGs, but for now those are still running as well.
Also earlier this morning I saw 5841 on the 70. If there's one on the 54 or 74 today before I go to work, I'll be sure to snap a pic
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Chargerdodge9

Cool, thanks. I may go up there myself tomorrow though and have a look around.