December 2012 Observations

Started by rideonrulez, December 03, 2012, 04:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rideonrulez

Saw an unidentified New Flyer DE62LFA on the X2. Apparently all 3 (5450,5451,5452) from Northern Division have moved to Bladensburg Division.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

NewFlyer9736BCT

Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WMAveteran

Friday, 12/7/2012, about noon: University of MD Gillig #3710 (destination "Universities at Shady Grove") operating route 124 service between UM College Park and UM Shady Grove on west-bound Sam Eig Highway at Diamondback Drive in Gaithersburg. 

WMATAGMOAGH

I was a bit jetlagged yesterday, so I don't know if I saw this elsewhere and just missed it, but at Friendship Heights, they've installed light globes similar to those at surface stations on the platform pylons to make the station brighter. 

WMATAGMOAGH

Rode the Red Line again today, the new light installation is only at Friendship Heights as I remembered it.  Also, I got my first ride on an Xcelsior on the 32 from Friendship Heights to Georgetown this morning.  Nice enough of a bus.  Very quiet.  However, what is the point of the stop requested sign on the front panel if the A/C vent makes it impossible to see from the passenger area and if the Clever Device also says stop requested when needed?

WMAveteran

Tuesday, December 18, 2012, about 4:15pm:  drove into the Gaithersburg/Quince Orchard Park & Ride and made the following observations:
1) MTA: MCI D4500 coach #181C, destination "Frederick", operating route 204 ICC express peak hour service between College Park and Urbana/Frederick;
2) Metro: New Flyer #6211, destination "Lakeforest", operating route J7 I270 express service between Bethesda and Lakeforest.

rideonrulez

Saw WMATA Neoplan #5316 repainted this morning on the 70 to Archives.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

WayneNYC