News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

April 2012 Observations

Started by WayneNYC, April 03, 2012, 12:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WayneNYC

Yesterday during the PM rush hour I saw 5904 on the left shoulder (I-270 near Shady Grove Rd) signed as a #70 with supervisor's behind it.  As I got closer I noticed that 5715 had just pulled away.  Immediately, I was thinking that 5904 had broken down and 5715 may have been the next #70 and served as the rescue bus.  That theory (at least the part about it being the rescue bus) quickly went out the window as 5715 immediately exited onto I-370.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Funny you mention 5904, about 25 minutes ago I saw that bus on the I-370 shoulder with the engine door opened
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WES

Some more THE BUS  and one metrobus sightings

62652 on the 16 which makes this the highest number of the order

62644 on the 15X

6213 on the G12

last week 62642 on the 21.

Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

NewFlyer9736BCT

Saw MTA bus 170C at Shady Grove Sta about an hour ago, also no longer wrapped with the ICC theme. Looks like that's a thing of the past now, too bad because I liked it and never photographed one.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Saw 172C this afternoon on the 201, also without the ICC wrap.

HOWEVER,

175C (Ironically on the 991 instead of 201/202) still has the ICC wrap, of course I didn't have my camera, I hope I'm able to snap a shot tomorrow or before it's too late.

WMATAGMOAGH

I'm pretty sure someone here posted that RO's 5415 was Orange Crushed.  I saw it this morning on the 23 near the Westbard Shopping Center, the front sign definitely wasn't working and they had a paper sign in the front window.  I also saw 5623 on the 23 a bit after that, I was under the impression the 23 is a Nicholson route these days but I could be wrong, do they have Orion Vs at Nicholson or am I just confused about what runs from where?

WayneNYC

7003 on the 79. 
DASH 203 at Landmark Mall.

WMATAGMOAGH

5415's sign still isn't working, saw it again at Bethesda today.  Also, I saw 5421 on the 34, while the blue borders around the headsigns on the RO 1999 Gilligs don't look bad, the all black front on 5421 looks really good IMO.

WMATAGMOAGH

While driving on Military Road at abour 7:30 tonight approaching Connecticut Avenue, I saw 3 buses go by, all seemed to be in service on the L line.  The first was a 30 foot Orion V (I'm about 90% sure of this, it caught my attention because the side sign was next to the rear door) and one of the other buses to go by was a DE42LFA with a banner ad above the window line.  No bus numbers, I was too far back to see them.

NewFlyer9736BCT

around 8 am this morning i was driving to shady grove sta from 370 and i caught up to and was following 5823 which was on the 100. i noticed it was going very very slow, it even had its 4-way flashers on. after dropping my mom off, going back home i saw 5823 pulled over right after the shady grove rd exit with some people walking to the station, some still sitting in the bus, and the engine door open. i was not in a position to sit and watch so idk what happened next but i did see another 100 and a 71 bus approaching, one might have helped get the passengers on the bus, but like i said not sure what happened next

WES

Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

WMATAGMOAGH

RO 5326 (certainly a Gillig Hybrid, I might have not remembered the exact number since I was on my bike) was on the 36, I'm guessing the 36 was moved to Silver Spring when they changed everything around a few picks ago, if so it is the first time in over 10 years that any trips from the 36 have come out of that garage.

WMATAGMOAGH

As I wrote in the Orion VI thread, the CET lot is filled with Orion VIs right now.  Also, the feeler car is at the New Carrollton yard as of this afternoon.

WayneNYC

6211 being towed along MD 355 in Rockville this AM.

WMATAGMOAGH

RO observation/question:  40 foot Gillig HEVs on the 33 and 36 on Friday.  Does anyone have a good sense of which routes got swapped around for that pick when they did some garage assignment changes?