February 2012 observations

Started by WMAveteran, February 03, 2012, 12:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super G

what is different about  the rear seat configuration in the 7000's?                                                 
Quote from: WES on February 03, 2012, 07:25:01 PM
Well today I finally got to ride a few of the Xcelesiors, overall they're decent, interesting seat configuration in the rear, un-WMATAlike, but eh.

6047 F14 Capitol Heights
-I spotted one of the new baby Gilligs for THE BUS and it's 62617????????, no comment.  Also 63131 was doing  the 25 along with 62617

7012 U8 Minnesota Avenue
-This bus would wind up later on the X9, along with 7017.  Got to Minnesota  Avenue Station passed up an X2 because it was almost standing room on it, passed up the next one because they were running late and that was almost standing room also.  One left the station without picking up anyone, I assume that was running late.  Saw 2462 which sounds like it still has it's JD.  Another X2 shows up, got a seat and before we even got to Benning Road, the bus was standing room.  X9 all day maybe?

Unidentified NABI 7th street

Went to the car show saw cars, test drove a few cars, got an ever growing headache and went home.

7096 X9 Capitol Heights Station
-Saw 6182 doing a 96 to McLean Gardens (I hope it was doing a round trip back to Capitol Heights because 2185 came after that on the 96 and went out of service.  Then saw 62618 arrive doing a 25.

2005 F14 last.

WES

If I remember at the back of normal WMATA buses there's the rear bench and then there's side two to three seat bench above the wheel well.  As for the Xcelesiors, WMATA has their rear seating arrangement is  rear bench forward facing seats, then a side seat, or is it the other way around.

To sightings today,
4264 on the T18

62640 on the 27-outer loop

62634 deadheading along Landover Road.

I have a theory with how many 35 foot Advantages THE BUS ordered but until all of the new Advantages are accounted for, it's just a theory, but I do have to say the HDX's days maybe quickly numbered, and so would the remaining SLFs.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: WayneNYC on February 04, 2012, 12:57:26 AM
Quote from: rideonrulez on February 03, 2012, 09:04:16 PM
Tonight I saw an American University 40ft Thomas TL960(?) and a 30ft & 40ft Gillig Phantoms all with scrolling orange LED signs.

They started adding those the signs last Summer.  I think AU did their entire fleet.  Can't imagine why they chose the right to left scrolling, but it needs to be faster.
That scrolling is just awful. You can barely see the text clearly as it scrolls. I would've preferred just alternating the signs.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

rideonrulez

Ride On Gillig Phantom #5416 has joined the Orange Crush crew....
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

NewFlyer9736BCT

I hope the lower 57/5800s Orion Vs get orange crushed as well. I'm sure there's enough retired 5100s to go around
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WMATAGMOAGH

What exactly are they signing on an AU Shuttle bus?  I never got the sense that they have more than one or two routes.

WayneNYC

Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on February 23, 2012, 02:32:59 AM
What exactly are they signing on an AU Shuttle bus?  I never got the sense that they have more than one or two routes.

The reading I recall is something like "BLUE ROUTE MAIN CAMPUS - METRO" and "RED ROUTE  WCL - METRO".  I thought it was a very pricey investment for a university shuttle operation with just a couple of routes.  The sign reading also scroll (slowly) from right to left.   

NewFlyer9736BCT

About an hour ago I saw Ride On's 5933 being towed heading east on I-370, heading back to the garage I'm assuming
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WES

Two highly questionable THE BUS sightings this morning.  First off saw what looked to be 62630 heading back to garage.  What is so odd about this bus, it's a 30 footer and the 623, and 626 which were seen earlier in the month are 35 footers.  The next odd sighting was the one of what looked to be 62648 on the 27.  Now both of these sightings are 95% confirmed sightings and if so, number one how the does DUH BUS number their buses, do they do them as they come in and two how many Advantages did they actually order.  Of course knowing DUH BUS anything odd with them is possible.

RideOn5905

This morning, I saw RO 5574 traveling on Crystal Rock Drive; this is the second time this month I've seen that bus.

WES

A few more sightings:

62633 on the 22, this actually replaced 63209 which I saw heading to the garage, with possible mechanical issues.  It's strange to see 63209 heading back to the garage unless it is so, this bus along with 63192 run all day on the 22.

WayneNYC

DE62LFA 5446 on I-270 doing a J9 trip this morning.