News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

March 2011 Photos

Started by C40LF_2464, March 02, 2011, 04:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C40LF_2464

A couple from the 1st of March and the last week of February!

C40LF_2464

NewFlyer9736BCT

nice shots, you could take it a bit easy on the saturation tbh, but not bad

Here's mine from recent days (probably not any better, but here they are anyways)

my baby:

the first Orion VII to be rehabbed...2582!

2126's W/C lift got stuck

so 4229 was sent to cover that 10B run

Route 80...with extension to Greenbelt Station! (yes I am aware that some 80 trips interline to R3, not sure if it goes the other way around)

finally got this sucker

6601 at Takoma Station (photo is a bit blurry and grainy because I set my camera to shutter speed priority mode because it was too dark to do it on manual, doing that allows more light into the photo but always comes out grainy)

Two of the 6500s with the Landover Crush:

Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

C40LF_2464

Nice pics George! I like the 6601 and 6167 shots! I know it seems like the sat on my photos is to much, i take my photos in different modes on my cam, then when i edit them sometimes they get darker, so i have to sat them up.

Tritransit Area

Hmm...if they get "darker", might I suggest fiddling with the brightness/contrast rather than the saturation?  If done the right way, the contrast can make things "pop" out a little bit without too much distortion.  Everything in moderation, after all! :)

Otherwise, they are great pictures!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: Flxible_Metro_8700 on March 05, 2011, 12:23:18 PM
Nice pics George! I like the 6601 and 6167 shots! I know it seems like the sat on my photos is to much, i take my photos in different modes on my cam, then when i edit them sometimes they get darker, so i have to sat them up.

Which modes are you using?  I find the saturation to be a bit much on some of them, though they are good photos.  Another suggestion, if I can offer it, is consider making your watermark a bit smaller and not putting it anywhere but the corners of the photo, some of the ones that are closer to the image center are distracting and take away from your work IMO. 

Keep up the good work!  It is nice to see the photos of the DC area buses here, since I can't see them in person for the most part.

Nabinut

6214:

174C outside the international terminal:

176C:

Audio of 174C on Route 201:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoDLvfjyR24

Ride-On:
5727:

5709:

5817:

5932:

5836:

Ride-On 5811-DD50G/Voith D864.3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_yHorVPZg

NewFlyer9736BCT

from 2 days ago:

and the first 2600 rehab caught on camera! (2608 is also rehabbed, not sure which was first)

C40LF_2464

NewFlyer9736BCT

I love that last shot! you know what would be pretty sweet? going to Silver Spring and seeing 6461 there and 6462 on an S or 70 route and get side-by-side shots

79MetroExtraMD

Pics from Friday and today. Heading up to Boston. See yall later.

Friday pics

Today's pic. Only at BWI. Major Amtrak fail day so no DC pics

Bosuton no ashita o sansho shite kudasai (See you tomorrow in Boston ^_^).
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

This bus was on the X9, the sign said 79 Silver Spring Station but when I took the shot, for some reason, the destination isn't showing in the photo

Northern strategic on the 36. The trip was started on the bus stop at Penn and 6th NW, here it is leaving the Penn-7th stop

Looks like Montgomery strategics on the 79 is becoming very common these days...

DCAreaTransitFan

3018 on the 18G
New Flyer C40LFR

NewFlyer9736BCT

Noice! Finally someone got a shot of it. Ain't it adorable?

OrionFlyer

Nice catch. It would have been better if they had let that white stripe go through. It just doesn't look right the way it currently is.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.

Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.