News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

DC Streetcars now in DC

Started by Tristan, December 15, 2009, 08:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan

WTOP & WAMU are reporting that the three streetcars built in the Czech Republic for the Anacostia line are now in WMATA's Greenbelt yard for inspection and testing.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1840879

You might recall that the last news about these cars was when someone realized that the warranty on them would expire with them sitting in a warehouse in the Czech Republic.  I wonder if those issues have been ironed out.

Tritransit Area

My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Sand Box John

Tristan
WTOP & WAMU are reporting that the three streetcars built in the Czech Republic for the Anacostia line are now in WMATA's Greenbelt yard for inspection and testing.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1840879

You are reading something that is not there.

From above link:
"Three modern, sleek streetcars arrived at the Port of Baltimore over the weekend, and were in the process of clearing customs Tuesday morning.
The cars will be loaded and sent to the Greenbelt Rail Yard, where they will be further inspected."

It is likely that only one lowboy rig will be used to transport them to Greenbelt. Expect all three of them to be at Greenbelt by the end of the week.
I predicted their arrival at The Port of Baltimore in this post at greatergreaterwashington.org
John in the sand box of Maryland's eastern shore.

79MetroExtraMD

I pass by Greenbelt Yard on the MARC train and have a good view of whats in the Yard (then again, it might be inside or not there yet).
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Sand Box John

79MetroExtraMD
I pass by Greenbelt Yard on the MARC train and have a good view of whats in the Yard (then again, it might be inside or not there yet).

The area where they will likely be off loaded from the lowboy trailer is track 21. Track 21 is surrounded by the concrete pavement near the maintenance wing of the operations building on the south end of the yard. Track 21 is west of the 2 tracks that go into maintenance wing. That where the 5 and 6k cars were off loaded.
John in the sand box of Maryland's eastern shore.

Tristan

WAMU was reporting on the radio that they were already there...I should check my sources (but so should they!).